bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Nice. We address a few needs here.
1)To many physical players on the Habs.
2)To many players over 6'.
3)To many RWers
4)Not enough AHL caliber goalies.

Well done MB.

Too. The word is too. T O O. Not 'to'. Sorry board I never do this but come on. Let's have some standards here. All of the french guys here have much better english than this.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Price was making us look like a good team.

Now, we see the real montreal canadiens.
This season? The team was playing extremely well. We were scoring, outplaying and outshooting other teams. Even throughout this bad streak we really haven't played all that badly. There's no doubt that goaltending is killing us. The streak started with Condon giving up a bad goal and us losing in NJ on a game we should've won.

That being said, I don't agree with MT's excuse that it's ALL about goaltending because that's nonsense. While Condon's numbers don't look good, for the most part our goalies have kept us in games. You aren't going to win games when you're only scoring 1 goal per.

There's no doubt we need another scorer. The time to land one though was in the summer. Now that we're desperate the price of a sniper is going to be sky high with teams trying to exploit us. We just traded away a guy we were hoping would help on that front and we've done it for a very bad goalie.

MB has proved me wrong on trades before so maybe he sees something I don't. But I don't know why we want Ben Scrivens here. And while I understand him wanting to unload Kassian, Edmonton actually has a chance to make something out of him. Worst case scenario is that Scrivens craps the bed and Kassian goes on to play with McDavid and starts putting up points...

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
You do realise Scrivens has worst stats than Tokarski in the AHL right? if Tokaraski can't play NHL, Scrivens can't play AHL

Andrew Hammond was terrible in the AHL last year... maybe Scrivens can provide the same spark like Hammond did for Ottawa !!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
:laugh:

I can't believe we're talking about tanking when we started the season 18-3... The next three games are crucial for us. Games against division rivals and we're slipping out of a playoff spot. How the hell is that possible? I never thought the Winter Classic would hold the importance that it's going to. The only silver lining is that we might actually be able to get out of Therrien. Ben Scrivens is only going to make things worse.

No he won't, you can't go worse than 1-9 in the past 10....or at least not likely lol

He's got NHL experience and will settle things down, certainly not the answer moving fwd but it's a start...hate to see the potential of Kassian gone though, always liked his upside

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Your arms must be exhausted from polishing this turd.

You stayed up late expecting something big and you are all disappointed? Cute. I went to bed last night, so when I woke up this morning I was in a sound state of mind instead of hyper emotional.

I'm not polishing anything. We traded a player we didn't want anymore for a player we may have a use for, maybe.

It's a trade that made cap space sense. We had dead cap space in Kassian, and we exchanged that dead cap space for a player that we could maybe have a use for. I understand that in the current emotional state of these boards, it may be beyond some posters' mental grasp however.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Condon has proven to be a more capable backup. We traded for a goalie who was sent down to the AHL by the worst team of the past 5 years FFS!

scrivens has shown to be a capable goalie, behind a capable team.

despite the current state of the Habs, I believe this IS a capable team.

this will help alleviate the pressure off of Condon...

Not sure why people are so upset at this trade.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
You stayed up late expecting something big and you are all disappointed? Cute.

I'm not polishing anything. We traded a player we didn't want anymore for a player we may have a use for, maybe.

It's a trade that made cap space sense. I understand that in the current emotional state of these boards, it may be beyond some posters' mental grasp however.

yes you are right, no biggie deal, but does not effect the team any in a negative way....

but.........now we wait to see ?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Can I be the one to point out the elephant in the room?

Habs just gave up a guy who can score 20 goals. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But this is something that might be looked back on as something of a meme about Character.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home

this trade I don't think is the thing setting it off, it is the lack of help on the top line, and DD being a #1, but time will tell...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
A month earlier we could not give away Kassian he was still in re-hab. So no, your point doesn't stand. One month ago we couldn't balance it out.

The team had cap space a month ago. This is just a way to get rid of Kassian, it has nothing to do with finally having cap room.

So yes, my point still stands that this is a month late.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
Now if you can find a 6'2 RW with hands and a mean streak this team's a contender! :sarcasm:

I think this team could've giving Kassian a chance but oh well

I hope the Canadiens goaltending coaching helps Scrivens who has definitely had some good stretchs in the NHL

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
No he won't, you can't go worse than 1-9 in the past 10....or at least not likely lol

He's got NHL experience and will settle things down, certainly not the answer moving fwd but it's a start...hate to see the potential of Kassian gone though, always liked his upside

He's got 2 wins in 10 appearances in the AHL. Not as bad but pretty bad.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

MT trading one flop for another while ignoring the real issues kind of pisses people off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad