TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Boardish

Mar 3, 2004
So I guess Scrivens will magically transform into a .920 goalie. Otherwise it's not a normal Bergevin trade. What the actual ****? I do have faith in the actual management.

I seriously don't undestand. Condon is a way better goaltender. What a ****** asset management.

FFS. :(

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
This is *********. Get a goalie about a month too late. Could have had Khudobin for free.

Khudobin didn't come for free. He comes with a $2,5m salary and cap hit. I would prefer to put any money available on a top 6 forward. This balances everything out cap wise for us.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
So I guess Scrivens will magically transform into a .920 goalie. Otherwise it's not a normal Bergevin trade. What the actual ****? I do have faith in the actual management.

I seriously don't undestand. Condon is a way better goaltender.

FFS. :(

I think the goal is not necessarily to replace Condon, but to make sure not to have to play Tokarski. And to be able to not give Condon a real starter load which he can't handle.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I was expecting something like this. We add 0.5M on the cap... for a guy who may or may not be better than Tokarski/Condon. Meh..

EDIT:

With the oilers retaining 25% of the cap hit, this comes out to about the same thing. This is a good trade for us considering we had thrown the towel on Kassian anyway.

Not better than Tokarski and Condon? Forget it man...not better than Pasquale. Not only Bergevin was late but he acquires a bad goalie. What a stupid move....:shakehead

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Condon has proven to be a more capable backup. We traded for a goalie who was sent down to the AHL by the worst team of the past 5 years FFS!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Hilarious... MT managed to convince this idiot GM that they are losing because of goaltending.

He just buys into whatever the moron coach says.

Statements like that are so ridiculous.

We didn't want Kassian around anymore. We didn't think Tokarski could play in the NHL and help Condon shoulder the load.

Both of the above have nothing to do with MT, or our other problems. This trade is not the solution. No one sees it as such except those with an agenda they're trying to push.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Nice. We address a few needs here.
1)To many physical players on the Habs.
2)To many players over 6'.
3)To many RWers
4)Not enough AHL caliber goalies.

Well done MB.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Khudobin didn't come for free. He comes with a $2,5m salary and cap hit. I would prefer to put any money available on a top 6 forward. This balances everything out cap wise for us.

But he comes with STOPPING PUCKS too. And what would that mean to have to take that salary? It would mean to work harder to try to trade Gilbert at the time or make other moves.....but Bergevin didn't feel it was needed until......he shipped Kassian for a worst goalie than Pasquale today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad