TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Can I be the one to point out the elephant in the room?

Habs just gave up a guy who can score 20 goals. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But this is something that might be looked back on as something of a meme about Character.

What's more? The elephant plays RW. Currently, our best RW is Dale ****ing Weise.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bergevin at it again:

tumblr_mtb1e8keaa1syeot2o1_500.gif

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You stayed up late expecting something big and you are all disappointed? Cute. I went to bed last night, so when I woke up this morning I was in a sound state of mind instead of hyper emotional.

I'm not polishing anything. We traded a player we didn't want anymore for a player we may have a use for, maybe.

It's a trade that made cap space sense. We had dead cap space in Kassian, and we exchanged that dead cap space for a player that we could maybe have a use for. I understand that in the current emotional state of these boards, it may be beyond some posters' mental grasp however.

An oasis in a desert of despair

thanks for providing some perspective

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
MT trading one flop for another while ignoring the real issues kind of pisses people off.

MT doesn't handle the trades...

Also, I'm not sure how you can argue 'real isses' are being ignored

When the real issue here is the goaltending and the fact we had 2 goalies with very little experience playing for us.

the Habs needed a goalie, with NHL experience, to tide them over until Price is ready to return.

It's really not all that complicated...

Kassian blew his chance with the Habs, it is what it is

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Meh

In the present, adding scrivens adds depth to a position of temporary weakness.
Losing Kassian is addition by subtraction according to the GM's opinion of him.

Overall, reflects once again on the lack of long term plan/vision/direction of this management team. 4 years is a long time to be in charge without adequately addressing key need areas that were obvious from day one.

Most troubling part.... As LG pointed out, MB seems to be yet again doubling down on his chosen HC's perception of what is wrong with the team. Reeks of cognitive dissonance... MB doesn't seem able or willing to consider that his coach is a major part of the problem, and that blind spot is hurting his approach to managing our assets.

I hope MB largely stands pat moving fwd...

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
You stayed up late expecting something big and you are all disappointed? Cute. I went to bed last night, so when I woke up this morning I was in a sound state of mind instead of hyper emotional.

I'm not polishing anything. We traded a player we didn't want anymore for a player we may have a use for, maybe.

It's a trade that made cap space sense. We had dead cap space in Kassian, and we exchanged that dead cap space for a player that we could maybe have a use for. I understand that in the current emotional state of these boards, it may be beyond some posters' mental grasp however.

Who gives a **** about the cap space when you are just exchanging it for a garbage player. In addition to not being able to beat out 2 rookies for a back up job in Edmonton, he can't even attain a >.900 SvP in the AHL. Both Condon and Tok have a better save percentage in the NHL than Scrivens does in the AHL.

It's the epitome of a nothing for nothing trade. A bottle cap for a rusty nail. Oh vey...

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
The only issue I have is this trade shows that Therrien still has a ton of power. MT has publicly criticized Kassian and has been complaining about the goalie situation.

BargainBin is more likely to trade Subban than fire Therrien.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The only issue I have is this trade shows that Therrien still has a ton of power. MT has publicly criticized Kassian and has been complaining about the goalie situation.

Uhhh...no

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It was DSP for Sekac last season.
Scrivens for Kassian this season.

MB helping out his bon amis.

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
We already lost 10/11 games Bergevin, you're too late. You also gave up the better player in the trade who happens to play a position where we're lacking .

Ah well. I'll just go back to watching the World Juniors and continue ignoring the Canadiens/Therrien.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
Might as well sign Jonathan Cheechoo and hope he can revert to his 50 goal season.

This is what this trade feels like to me. Desperation.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
My biggest issue with this trade is you are basically buying into the notion and saying to the team, "Yeah, it was goaltending!"

When, that's not the case. So, buying into the ******** reason shows that this management team is still not firmly rooted in reality. They are off in Therrien's dream land where he is the greatest coach ever, it's the dead puck era, and Desharnais is a first line center.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
How did Sekac help the Ducks at all?

Why do I care about the Ducks? The Sekac trade was made because MT didn't like the player.

I'd still rather have Sekac on this team than DSP, even seeing Sekac's production this year. He's a better player to have on our lines. DSP is useless.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Team owner will nix any Subban trade. He brings the $$$$.

Thank God he brings the $$$$... Still can't believe we went down to the wire with PK.

What did MT say about Kassian exactly?

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'd add that trading Kassian without even giving him a look in the lineup is pretty weak.

For all the CHaracter talk, the very fact that we traded our highest character guy for a guy with known character issues, makes the whole thing bs.

It's a business, he was an asset. MB gets a fail in managing this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->