TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Well, Therrien gets a goalie to give him another bullet in the chamber to blame if we lose tonight against Tampa tonight.

I have a feeling if we lose the next two and the winter classic. Therrien will be let go.

It would put us at 14/15 losses. Plus a hyped game outdoors we lose I think could be the final straw.

Start off the new year with a new coach. Like I said he "if" we lose the next 3.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
What about Budaj then? He,s EXPERIENCED!!!!!! 124 NHL wins!!!! AND a much better AHL season!!!!

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
I'd add that trading Kassian without even giving him a look in the lineup is pretty weak.

For all the CHaracter talk, the very fact that we traded our highest character guy for a guy with known character issues, makes the whole thing bs.

It's a business, he was an asset. MB gets a fail in managing this one.

That's because Prust was the one leading the mutiny against MT.

What better to stop a mutiny than to cut off its head?

bentheprop

Oct 28, 2006
St Catharines, ON
I think that it's a brilliant trade. Once Scrivens comes in and they lose a few more games he can fire MT without any arguments. After all he brought in an experienced goalie to address his HC's excuse for losing.

Top Corner2

Feb 15, 2003
Visit site
Trade makes sense. The team definitely needs a new goalie. Hopefully Scrivens can do what Dubnyk did a few years back when he was toiling in the AHL for us.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Bergevin was spotted in Montreal earlier this morning

171-0211092005-dumpsterdive.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Trade makes sense. The team definitely needs a new goalie. Hopefully Scrivens can do what Dubnyk did a few years back when he was toiling in the AHL for us.

2-2-1-2-3-1-0-2-1-1-1

No, that's not binary. That's our goal scoring numbers for the month of December.

Yeah, we need a new goalie.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
My biggest issue with this trade is you are basically buying into the notion and saying to the team, "Yeah, it was goaltending!"

When, that's not the case. So, buying into the ******** reason shows that this management team is still not firmly rooted in reality. They are off in Therrien's dream land where he is the greatest coach ever, it's the dead puck era, and Desharnais is a first line center.

Except, this is not what this trade is about...

It demonstrates that you view everything through your "OMG I hate MT so much" lense of 100% total irrationality.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
I don't see a bad thing in this trade except if Kassian comes back sober. Kassian is a bust, he was traded 3 times now and he's 24.

Scrivens 'should' be an upgrade on Tokarski.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Except, this is not what this trade is about...

It demonstrates that you view everything through your "OMG I hate MT so much" lense of 100% total irrationality.

Okay? So what's the trade about.. 'cause last I checked the goaltending depth chart is Price-Condon-Tokarski-Fucale-Pasquale

Meaning, they have too many goalies now with Scrivens in the mix.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Like i stated before Scrivens was upset and pouting when assigned to AHL after a good preseason he was lit up his first few games in the AHl he has a .920 SP in dec and a gaa of under 2.00 in his last 4 games After knowing Habs scouts were watching him. Scrivens also knows this is his last Chance for NHL he also plays well with a solid D core in front of him. I can see in 3 weeks a lot of you changing your opinion on this trade.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
When you acquire a goalie from the Oilers is when you should realize that this team has no structure.

We might as well just give up.

Meanwhile you're sitting Fucale, who I'm not a fan of but they didn't even give him a game.

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
I would have liked to have given Kassian a second chance.

People make mistakes. Substance abuse is a scary problem that can be fixed.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Hopefully, Scrivens is just a stop gap fix, while MB goes after scoring help and Price gets healthy.
Plus... What can Stephane Waite do with Scrivens.
If he can get him to just winning 50%?
Once we win a game or 2, the confidence will start to return to their game and who can say.

Hopefully!!!

Last edited:

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Scrivens has had good runs.

Hopefully he'll have one with us and Price will be back to 100%.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
When you acquire a goalie from the Oilers is when you should realize that this team has no structure.

We might as well just give up.

Not only a goalie from the Oilers, but one unable to beat out 2 rooks for even a back up job.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
I would have liked to have given Kassian a second chance.

People make mistakes. Substance abuse is a scary problem that can be fixed.

Kassian will get a second chance. Just not with us.

He wasn't going to be of any help THIS season after having missed the entire start to the season.

Best of luck to him in Bakersfield playing for the Condors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad