TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Suppose your right.. Its early still just cranky :laugh:

A lot of folks stayed up late so they could "officially" weigh in on the stupidity of this move.
Well Michel you've got the tender with NHL experience you were crying for...
now win tonight or GTFO. :laugh:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Khudobin didn't come for free. He comes with a $2,5m salary and cap hit. I would prefer to put any money available on a top 6 forward. This balances everything out cap wise for us.

My point still stands that this is a month late.

I don't care about Khudobin's cap hit. He's a much better goalie and it's even better insurance for the team.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Helps the tank. Scrivens learned from the best (Leafs/Oilers)
:laugh:

I can't believe we're talking about tanking when we started the season 18-3... The next three games are crucial for us. Games against division rivals and we're slipping out of a playoff spot. How the hell is that possible? I never thought the Winter Classic would hold the importance that it's going to. The only silver lining is that we might actually be able to get out of Therrien. Ben Scrivens is only going to make things worse.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Statements like that are so ridiculous.

We didn't want Kassian around anymore. We didn't think Tokarski could play in the NHL and help Condon shoulder the load.

Both of the above have nothing to do with MT, or our other problems. This trade is not the solution. No one sees it as such except those with an agenda they're trying to push.

Your faith in management is pretty hilarious.

This move was made because MT thinks they are losing because of goaltending.

MB is a spineless idiot who thinks MT is a genius and that all the teams problems are because of bad luck. That's what he blamed the PP struggles on last year... I guess someone broke a mirror or something, because we are on year 3 of "bad luck" now...

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
:laugh:

I can't believe we're talking about tanking when we started the season 18-3... The next three games are crucial for us. Games against division rivals and we're slipping out of a playoff spot. How the hell is that possible? I never thought the Winter Classic would hold the importance that it's going to. The only silver lining is that we might actually be able to get out of Therrien. Ben Scrivens is only going to make things worse.

Price was making us look like a good team.

Now, we see the real montreal canadiens.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
I was expecting something like this. We add 0.5M on the cap... for a guy who may or may not be better than Tokarski/Condon. Meh..

EDIT:

With the oilers retaining 25% of the cap hit, this comes out to about the same thing. This is a good trade for us considering we had thrown the towel on Kassian anyway.

Your arms must be exhausted from polishing this turd.

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Khudobin didn't come for free. He comes with a $2,5m salary and cap hit. I would prefer to put any money available on a top 6 forward. This balances everything out cap wise for us.

We've said that for every trade that MB has done so far....still waiting for that top 6 forward... It's starting to feel like the wait for a top 6 forward is as long as our next Stanley Cup...:help::help::help:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Well this deal was written in the sky. The retention definitely makes it easier to swallow. I understand the logic behind the move and unlike some, I don't think Scrivens is that bad. Kassian blew his chance in Montreal and we barely gave anything for him and his value had to be super low at this point so meh. Crap for crap essentially a) at least Scrivens fits one of our needs a bit more and b) if Kassian turns it around in EDM it won't haunt us.

I just hope this deal isn't the only thing MB has up his sleeve...

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I want to puke....

Scrivens has been downright terrible this year in the AHL.

This really smells of a panic trade.....

Panic trades usually happen when your in panic mode.....was it ever gonna be a non panic trade considering the current slide??

Plus...I said this about a month ago and argued with many of you that right after Price went down long term, we needed another goalie besides the Tokarski, Condon tandem....well here we are :sarcasm:

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
I think the goal is not necessarily to replace Condon, but to make sure not to have to play Tokarski. And to be able to not give Condon a real starter load which he can't handle.

You do realise Scrivens has worst stats than Tokarski in the AHL right? if Tokaraski can't play NHL, Scrivens can't play AHL

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Your faith in management is pretty hilarious.

This move was made because MT thinks they are losing because of goaltending.

MB is a spineless idiot who thinks MT is a genius and that all the teams problems are because of bad luck. That's what he blamed the PP struggles on last year... I guess someone broke a mirror or something, because we are on year 3 of "bad luck" now...

You may have a valid point here. This could be the Habs downfall.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
We're on our way boys! We got our goalie 2b to replace Toks. Now all we need is a #1 centre, a goal scoring winger, a point man who can hit the net, some size up front, and a new coach!

No problem, right? :shakehead

OOPs, forgot we need a captain too!

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
My point still stands that this is a month late.

I don't care about Khudobin's cap hit. He's a much better goalie and it's even better insurance for the team.

A month earlier we could not give away Kassian he was still in re-hab. So no, your point doesn't stand. One month ago we couldn't balance it out.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Price was making us look like a good team.

Now, we see the real montreal canadiens.

I disagree.

Is this an epic slump? For sure it is. Doesn't mean this team isn't a .500 team without Price.

They have a rookie goalie and now an AHLer as his backup. Lose Price and add a real NHL starter and this team is a wild card team.

Price just elevates them to the next level. That is what gamebreakers do.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Scrivens is better than Condon and Tokarski, Kassian likely was never going to play for us so I don't see the point in complaining.

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
I disagree.

Is this an epic slump? For sure it is. Doesn't mean this team isn't a .500 team without Price.

They have a rookie goalie and now an AHLer as his backup. Lose Price and add a real NHL starter and this team is a wild card team.

Price just elevates them to the next level. That is what gamebreakers do.
Well it helps when he have a coach who has a clue how to coach in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad