TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
The Habs need a slump buster. Id be happy with Stamkos even if its next year. And Pacioretty can coach if he wants. I dont care who coaches really but get what this team really needs someone with top 3 talent.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
The loss of Gallagher destroyed any semblance of balance of our low scoring forward group. He not only provided balance but was an inspiration as well. Galchenyuk cannot play on 2 lines nor can Pacioretty or Plekanec. The forward group as constructed will never win a cup.

The Habs were +31 or something in goal differential before Gallagher went down.
I highly doubt Gallagher made up even half of that total. It's an excuse.

Good teams win under any circumstance, bad teams find excuses.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
The best we can hope for as fans with this move is that for some reason Scrivens acts as some sort of stabilizer that helps get the vets of this teams heads out of their *****!

And that's the best we can hope for. Yeesh.

No, actually the best thing fans can hope for is the team loses another 5 games and MT gets fired, doesn't make the playoffs.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
It happened...and was very bad press for the Habs brand.

No choice but to move on ...

Do you know what sells tickets for a sports team? The play. Not the players off ice attitudes. If the team sucks, the bottom line suffers. If John Doe slaps the Pope, people will get over it pretty quickly once the said player produces.

Example. Todd Bertuzzi.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
lol what a disaster... just wow

i really couldnt wait to see what kassian could do on this team and then he just ****ed it all up and now even worse, panic trade by bergy , just a useless useless trade and he just wont fire the ****ing coach

what a shame , what a damn shame everything thats happened this year, its unbelievable.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo

i really couldnt wait to see what kassian could do on this team and then he just ****ed it all up and now even worse, panic trade by bergy , just a useless useless trade and he just wont fire the ****ing coach

what a shame , what a damn shame everything thats happened this year, its unbelievable.

Centennial year all over again?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I never said it was urgent, it's something you came up with. I still don't understand how what I said somehow implies it's urgent. Primary goal = the main objective. It has no relation with the urgency or not of something.
When you say trading this guy is our main objective... that implies that it needs to be done now. Why does it need to be done at all?
His upside is irrelevant. Kassian's current value is not worth his cap hit. That is not up for debate because not a single GM was willing to take him for free on waivers.

You think he had value but the reality is that he doesn't since no one claimed him on waivers... that's... self evident.
Upside is never irrelevant when you go out and make a trade. A trade is a balance between gives and gets. If the Oilers get all the upside and we get nothing in return, then why the hell should we make this trade?

I remember the Moen for Gonchar deal. Everyone said it was just a cap dump for next season, Gonchar was done. But Gonchar was very helpful down the line. With the rumors of Price not being able to play until february... I will trust that our pro scouts + Waite have identified that Condon+Scrivens > Condon+Tokarski. Time will tell. At any rate the possibility that Scrivens might help us win even just one game >>>> 1.8M of Kassian no one wanted for free.

Yes goaltending is part of the issue, and we turned a player with no value into a possible upgrade at a position that was an issue. By no means is anyone thinking it's the ONLY issue, and that this trade will solve EVERY problem.
We'll see man but if we wanted help in the net, I'd have expected better than Ben Scrivens. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
It isn't if he ended up being our starter for the rest of the year. Price's timeline is extremely vague. "Minimum six weeks", yet we're approaching week four or five and nothing on an imminent return. What if his injury keeps him out longer? I'd have way more faith in Khudobin alone than Scrivens-Condon.

This is probably a situation where if Price can't come back soon in 2016, he'll probably require surgery and won't be available at all this season, in which case you can kiss our cup hopes goodbye with/without Khudobin. So the real solution is for Price to come back. If Price can't come back, we're ****ed anyway.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal

Crazy hysterical stuff. :popcorn:

Houle trading Roy was a 'disaster'.

This move is sideways, at best.

If Scrivens can stop pucks, its genius. (a big 'if')

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
damn it' not exciting at all... i would've stayed put with condon and tikker, now we have 3 minor league goalies.... great

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
2-6-1, 3.47 and .893... IN THE AHL!!! Do you expect better numbers from this bum in the NHL?

The general premise is we never gave Kassian a shot within our organization.

Scrivens has yet to play a game.

Becuase Scrivens doesn't solve the issue of the moron behind the bench with the yellow fingers.

I'm not sure Scrivens was supposed to solve any issue besides giving us a better option than Tokarski.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
LyricalLyricist;111286889 I'm not sure Scrivens was supposed to solve any issue besides giving us a better option than Tokarski.[/QUOTE said:
Here's the rub though. What has Scrivens shown (beyond a 19 game stint in LA) that shows he is any better than Tokarski?

If you think Toker gives up softies, wait 'til you get a load of Scrivens.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Becuase Scrivens doesn't solve the issue of the moron behind the bench with the yellow fingers.

As long as Byron, Flynn, Mitchell, and DSP are out of the top 9, I don't think even MT can screw things up.

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Weise
Fleischmann – Plekanec – Andrighetto
Eller- Galchenyuk – Carr
Byron – Mitchell – Flynn

These aren't the lines I'd choose. But it's much better than the past few games. DD needs to be back on the 3rd line.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
As long as Byron, Flynn, Mitchell, and DSP are out of the top 9, I don't think even MT can screw things up.

Pacioretty – Desharnais – Weise
Fleischmann – Plekanec – Andrighetto
Eller- Galchenyuk – Carr
Byron – Mitchell – Flynn

These aren't the lines I'd choose. But it's much better than the past few games. DD needs to be back on the 3rd line.

:shakehead

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Here's the rub though. What has Scrivens shown (beyond a 19 game stint in LA) that shows he is any better than Tokarski?

If you think Toker gives up softies, wait 'til you get a load of Scrivens.

Yeah, but nobody picks a team jersey up off the ice better than Scrivens.....this streak keeps up, he'll be a busy man.

prairie hab

Jul 4, 2007
SK

Get over yourself. The season is not even half over and yet you have proclaimed it a disaster.
Finishing bottom 3 again and losing Price for the entire campaign would be a disaster. Not even close to that yet. Players need to be accountable. They won plenty of games earlier in the season, and they can do that again. Blaming the coach/GM is low hanging fruit and too easy. The veteran core needs to shape up or ship out, including one very invisible captain. I never thought I'd miss Brian Gionta......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad