TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not sure Scrivens career numbers are proof of anything. He played with two of the most utterly garbage teams of this decade in the Leafs and Oilers.

2011–12 TOR 4-5-2 3.13 .902
2012–13 TOR 7-9-2 2.69 .915
2013–14 LAK 7-5-4 1.97 .931
2013–14 EDM 9-11-0 3.01 .916
2014–15 EDM 15-26-11 3.16 .890

Anomalies, anyone? He apparently does quite well under good defensive systems.

I can't promise that he'll do well as a full-time starter, but maybe for a stretch of games long enough to get our real starter back...

GP-GAA-W-L-T-SV%
2000-01 26 2.24 12 7 3 0.903
2001-02 21 1.88 13 6 0 0.931
2002-03 22 2.43 7 12 0 0.916
2003-04 62 2.09 32 19 9 0.924

You can find this kind of pattern for any goalie who have spent enough time in the NHL to get hot at the right time, the stats above are David Aebischer.

Nynja*

Man, if MT thinks Condon and Tokarski were bad because they werent stopping grade A prime scoring chances, wait till Scrivens lets in garbage shots.

grumpworsley

Jan 7, 2012
Ok lets trade our 3-4 line forward for a player we are not going to use now lets trade that player for another player we are not going to use.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So we traded a serviceable bottom 6 winger (proven) for an AHL goaltender..

And this is the management team people on this board think is doing a good job?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

He has yet to prove himself after all that has happened...
And we already have enough bottom 6 wingers, just saying.

AshyHabs

Biceps>Brains
Dec 27, 2015
Montreal
Hi, I'm new here, this is my first post...and I must say that Scriven's in net scares me as much as Condon/Tokarski especially with that AHL record. brb gonna barf

Kraniumm

Hanshan
Jan 1, 2015
BC
He has yet to prove himself after all that has happened...
And we already have enough bottom 6 wingers, just saying.

Yep.

The big management issue is the fact that they first re-hired a failed coach, and are now refusing to replace him.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Man, if MT thinks Condon and Tokarski were bad because they werent stopping grade A prime scoring chances, wait till Scrivens lets in garbage shots.

Condon and Tokarski have already been doing that.
Scrivens isn't our starter, Condon will be.
Scrivens is just an NHL experienced presence in net to help Condon get perspective and rest.
Hell. If Scrivens can help win just 25% of the games, its a step up.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland

My thoughts exactly, look at the moves mb has made the last year or two nothing has improved the team. The team has improved because of Prices goaltending and that's it.

Daniels45

May 8, 2013

Well to be fair management took a risk and was hoping that Kassian would use this 2nd chance to turn his dissapearing career around. They needed him to be what he could be. What does he do in exchange for that chance? Gets into a car accident after drinking all night and breaks his foot. If I was MB I would of been extremely upset. Not only did he break his promise to MB but he also puts the team in a difficult situation by not being able to play(broken foot), AND they lose him for most of the season when you count the rehab and time for reconditioning. You then STILL expect the team to give this guy another chance and risk another relapse??? I dont think so.

Im all for people getting their chances at redemption. Love them come back stories. Part of me wanted to see this with ZK but I also understand why MB decided that he couldn't risk it again. He tried it once and was burned by it. Imagine what would happen here and in this city if ZK relapsed again. What would you all be saying then. Im sure quite a few would complaining on how stupid it was of MB to give this guy another chance and would be calling for his fireing. You can bet on it.

Last edited:

Nynja*

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Looks like those TV shows where they find toxic materials in a building, you need to get rid of them.

Kassian's fate was sealed the minute he hit the tree (and all the other metaphors it stands for).

All Bergevin did was to to look for a near-matching contract to Kassian's and Scrivens was the path of least resistance, as soon as the Oil agreed to take on some salary so that Scrivens and Kassian would have a similar cap hit.

What the deal particularly says is how desperate GMs are to preserve or add cap space -- it's now a rare commodity, and even on an insignificant deal such as this, notice how Scrivens' retained salary was to the last dollar.

Last edited:

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
Bergevin: "It never crossed my mind to fire Therrien. We'll get through this together."

hahahaha we're dommed.

Toro

Sep 6, 2005
Windsor
Losing faith in this team more and more every day....this trade is more about mb's ego then a deal that is hood for the team...kassian should have been given a chance in the ahl to prove himself....we need kassian more than scrivins the bum....at least kassian has upside...he has a disease and mb knew that when he traded for kassian in the 1st place...

This is a trade to make a trade and pick up garbage that was playing like garbage

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bergevin: "It never crossed my mind to fire Therrien. We'll get through this together."

hahahaha we're dommed.

790b32be4dde26f1efbbee7621114992.jpg

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
yup MB you are just like Ric Flair

"The Stylin’, profilin’, limousine riding, jet flying, kiss-stealing, wheelin’ n’ dealin’ son of a gun!”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad