TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by The Price is Right, Dec 28, 2015.

1. REMINDER: Political Discussion is NOT PERMITTED
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Compile Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Its been stated about 5 times that any team that picked him up would automatically have him on their 23 man roster.

2. Habaneros Habs Cup champs 2010

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Habs keep free falling , i wouldn't be shocked to see Markov traded at deadline.

3. Rickkins Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I have lost every bit of respect I ever had for this team. Absolute rubbish at the top.

4. nfld77 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Disabled

Oh crap Rapala, I'm still laughing and if any of you remember me, I'm a Bruin fan. I've been on your board several times but this is the 1st time in awhile. I came aboard to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when this deal went down, so I waited awhile.

Like I said, I used to be here a lot once upon a time and have always been treated with respect and truly appreciate that. Lol, maybe age is mellowing me out{53}but I have a great respect for the Bruin/Hab rivalry. They have given us so many awesome games over the years, especially during playoffs, so how can you not at least have a respect and appreciation for that. Hope Whitesnake you're doing well, been awhile partner.

One thing about a trade like this is; it cant hurt as you never gave up a regular. Very often when a player, especially a goaltender is given a new life, he does what he can to make the best of it. Ben Scrivens played very well in LA, a team with great defence, much like the Habs. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he takes over the number one til Carey returns and I honestly hope he soon returns. It's bad for hockey, especially the fans of our great game, when any superstar player goes down to injury. It really hurts the game. When Montreal plays on the road, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans come to the game to see Price play or see if their team can beat one of the best goaltenders in the league, most likely the best one in the league. I'd love to see him play in the Winter Classic. God knows he deserves to play in that game. Krejci will definitely miss it as he's out week to week and maybe Krug too who's day to day..Injuries are beginning to hit the Bruins too. They killed us last season, especially Krejci.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you all are enjoying the Holidays and have a healthy and Happy New Year. Price will be healthy in time and he'll be well rested going down the stretch. I hope I come back to your board late in the season and you guys/gals will be talking about how Carey's injury was a blessing in disguise...Lol, don't win the Cup, you have enough but you can go close..Lol, all the very best!!

5. M.C.G. 31 Damn, he brave!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Like... why not just pick up Khudobin off waivers when he was available and give Kassian a chance? We need to score goals ffs.

6. Jee Kotkaniemi :.D

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Front-End Developer
    The change of scenery was his chance, he blew it and embarrassed the organization at the same time.

Khudobin would've been nice though.

7. Stan Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Even worse is that you think the habs are playing horrible hockey. You can't measure things in wins and loses over the short term. They've been up and down but overall have been playing pretty well. They haven't been scoring. Their shooting percentages are freakishly low....bad "puck luck". It will turn around. The players haven't quit on the coach despite MT being MT

8. M.C.G. 31 Damn, he brave!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I know, I knew Kassian was never going to play here after the accident, but they could have still given him a chance to work his way back into the lineup through the AHL instead of making this move.

Khudobin is way better than Scrivens.

9. MagicalDeck Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Gallager, there's your answer.

10. LastChancePrice Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    As i post on the trade forum discussion, his numbers of 1.97 and .931sv% with the Kings is what im looking at. You cant look at the numers he pull with the Oilers and Leafs, those team were two bad teams when he played for them.

Give the guy a chance, hes worth more chance than Kassian anyway.

11. Kriss E Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    We need a winger with Gallagher in the line up. It's called depth.

12. M.C.G. 31 Damn, he brave!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Yes, because having one RW scorer will solve all of our problems...
    What about his 3.47 GAA and .892SV% in the AHL? What about that?

The Kings are beasts defensively. Scrivens is not capable of that for long periods. There's a reason LA traded him to a dumb GM to get full value/someone buying high.

13. Winter Eclipse Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Bad puck luck for 11-12 games straight? Highly unlikely.

14. Ginu Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Home Page:
    Because a 2.5M backup goalie doesn't make sense. Bergevin is saving his cap space.

15. Winter Eclipse Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Got it, his numbers with Toronto, Edmonton, and in the AHL don't count, only his 19 games with LA; so we got a potential Vezina winner for Kassian, did we?

16. M.C.G. 31 Damn, he brave!

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    It isn't if he ended up being our starter for the rest of the year. Price's timeline is extremely vague. "Minimum six weeks", yet we're approaching week four or five and nothing on an imminent return. What if his injury keeps him out longer? I'd have way more faith in Khudobin alone than Scrivens-Condon.

17. Maliki2 Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Judiciary
    It's official MB is just another puppet that has lost him mind. We need some hockey guys as GM the last two have been absolutely horrible. How long does it take for them to figure out that they need to address the RW problem??? Instead you fill the roster full of 3rd and 4th line plugs and AHL goalie. hahahah What a joke.

18. Rapala The Cup Runneth Elsewhere.

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Well you just aren't paying attention to the Coach his Captain and their spin doctors.
    We are playing GREAT. :help:

19. habalifeok Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Have to agree we need Gallagher. The trio of Pacioretty,Plekanec and Gallagher gives a balance to the lineup,which cannot be achieved by moving available bodys around. With these 3 playing together it allows the coach to keep Galchenyuk,Eller and Carr together. And you cant disagree about that. We then need the 3rd and 4th line performing somewhat like the beginning of the season. This is a very low scoring team as it has been formed and with the absence of Gallagher,it seemed almost impossible to achieve any balance. What are the odds of 3 players like Pacioretty, Plekanec,and Subban falling into a black hole as far as scoring goals? Its so ridiculous its funny.

20. Bourne Endeavor Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    Yep.

This reeks of Bergevin making a desperate trade in the hopes Scrivens completely reinvents himself and saves our season. Much as I like Bergevin, he reminds me far too much of the conservative nature that eventually ruined Mike Gillis. We cannot keep "being patient" if we want to win a cup.

21. Compile Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    My question to you is, how the **** would Kassian know?

Could it plausiable that he went to get a truck, said, "I'm Zack Kassian of the Montreal Canadiens," and they gave him a hat to promote the business while giving him a discount?

22. OnTheRun Unsung Hero

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I wish peoples would stop to talk about Gallagher like he's Pavel ****ing Bure. Losing Gally sucks, no doubt, but it's not a excuse for a meltdown.

Look at this ****:
    http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0000451999.html

Worst streak with this crap of a team was 4 straight lost, Worst 10 games stretch was 2-8-0.

We bested that this year. :clap:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  23. Habsawce Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    I wonder if Price will even be back this year. I sure hope they didn't opt out of surgery hoping he'd magically heal, only to have surgery in January.

24. Winter Eclipse Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    They're not playing horribly per se, but to blame everything on "puck luck" - especially as a means of rebutting the idea that the team has quit on Michel "the Beloved" Therrien - strains credibility.

25. Compile Registered User

SB Cash:
    $ 50,000
    How was he held accountable besides the league telling him to go to AA? He wasn't driving...