TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Bergevin's hands were tied. Nobody sniffed around Kassian when on waivers - who would?
Kassian could very well go on to a successful career.

But you cannot pull what he pulled in the fishbowl that is Montreal and think you will get another chance.

Drunk, in an accident with minors in a vehicle owned/licensed TO PEOPLE WITH MOB CONNECTIONS.
Let that sink in for a bit.....

Its been stated about 5 times that any team that picked him up would automatically have him on their 23 man roster.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Habs keep free falling , i wouldn't be shocked to see Markov traded at deadline.

Rickkins

Jul 22, 2007
I have lost every bit of respect I ever had for this team. Absolute rubbish at the top.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
:laugh:
Send Cam a clip of MB dancing around after our latest series victory and then ask him about trade possibilities.

Oh crap Rapala, I'm still laughing and if any of you remember me, I'm a Bruin fan. I've been on your board several times but this is the 1st time in awhile. I came aboard to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when this deal went down, so I waited awhile.

Like I said, I used to be here a lot once upon a time and have always been treated with respect and truly appreciate that. Lol, maybe age is mellowing me out{53}but I have a great respect for the Bruin/Hab rivalry. They have given us so many awesome games over the years, especially during playoffs, so how can you not at least have a respect and appreciation for that. Hope Whitesnake you're doing well, been awhile partner.

One thing about a trade like this is; it cant hurt as you never gave up a regular. Very often when a player, especially a goaltender is given a new life, he does what he can to make the best of it. Ben Scrivens played very well in LA, a team with great defence, much like the Habs. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he takes over the number one til Carey returns and I honestly hope he soon returns. It's bad for hockey, especially the fans of our great game, when any superstar player goes down to injury. It really hurts the game. When Montreal plays on the road, I'm pretty sure a lot of fans come to the game to see Price play or see if their team can beat one of the best goaltenders in the league, most likely the best one in the league. I'd love to see him play in the Winter Classic. God knows he deserves to play in that game. Krejci will definitely miss it as he's out week to week and maybe Krug too who's day to day..Injuries are beginning to hit the Bruins too. They killed us last season, especially Krejci.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you all are enjoying the Holidays and have a healthy and Happy New Year. Price will be healthy in time and he'll be well rested going down the stretch. I hope I come back to your board late in the season and you guys/gals will be talking about how Carey's injury was a blessing in disguise...Lol, don't win the Cup, you have enough but you can go close..Lol, all the very best!!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Like... why not just pick up Khudobin off waivers when he was available and give Kassian a chance? We need to score goals ffs.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Like... why not just pick up Khudobin off waivers when he was available and give Kassian a chance? We need to score goals ffs.

The change of scenery was his chance, he blew it and embarrassed the organization at the same time.

Khudobin would've been nice though.

Stan

Mar 20, 2005
The fact you think 5 games for a goalie (in the AHL) is just as relevant as a TEAM (in the NHL) sucking for 10 makes me laugh.

There are no words to describe what I'm thinking right now.

Even worse is that you think the habs are playing horrible hockey. You can't measure things in wins and loses over the short term. They've been up and down but overall have been playing pretty well. They haven't been scoring. Their shooting percentages are freakishly low....bad "puck luck". It will turn around. The players haven't quit on the coach despite MT being MT

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The change of scenery was his chance, he blew it and embarrassed the organization at the same time.

Khudobin would've been nice though.

I know, I knew Kassian was never going to play here after the accident, but they could have still given him a chance to work his way back into the lineup through the AHL instead of making this move.

Khudobin is way better than Scrivens.

MagicalDeck

Mar 17, 2006
So how come the Habs were able to score plenty of goals with Condon in nets when we lost Price for 10 games in November? We scored 2 goals or less only 3 times during that stretch. So what gives?..

Condon and Tokarski are not the reason why DD, Max, Plek, PK, Markov can't buy a goal. You cannot possibly think this.

Gallager, there's your answer.

LastChancePrice

Dec 12, 2004
As i post on the trade forum discussion, his numbers of 1.97 and .931sv% with the Kings is what im looking at. You cant look at the numers he pull with the Oilers and Leafs, those team were two bad teams when he played for them.

Give the guy a chance, hes worth more chance than Kassian anyway.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Gallager, there's your answer.

Yes, because having one RW scorer will solve all of our problems...
As i post on the trade forum discussion, his numbers of 1.97 and .931sv% with the Kings is what im looking at. You cant look at the numers he pull with the Oilers and Leafs, those team were two bad teams when he played for them.

What about his 3.47 GAA and .892SV% in the AHL? What about that?

The Kings are beasts defensively. Scrivens is not capable of that for long periods. There's a reason LA traded him to a dumb GM to get full value/someone buying high.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Even worse is that you think the habs are playing horrible hockey. You can't measure things in wins and loses over the short term. They've been up and down but overall have been playing pretty well. They haven't been scoring. Their shooting percentages are freakishly low....bad "puck luck". It will turn around. The players haven't quit on the coach despite MT being MT

Bad puck luck for 11-12 games straight? Highly unlikely.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY

Got it, his numbers with Toronto, Edmonton, and in the AHL don't count, only his 19 games with LA; so we got a potential Vezina winner for Kassian, did we?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Because a 2.5M backup goalie doesn't make sense. Bergevin is saving his cap space.

It isn't if he ended up being our starter for the rest of the year. Price's timeline is extremely vague. "Minimum six weeks", yet we're approaching week four or five and nothing on an imminent return. What if his injury keeps him out longer? I'd have way more faith in Khudobin alone than Scrivens-Condon.

Maliki2

Mar 31, 2005
Saint Albans, VT
It's official MB is just another puppet that has lost him mind. We need some hockey guys as GM the last two have been absolutely horrible. How long does it take for them to figure out that they need to address the RW problem??? Instead you fill the roster full of 3rd and 4th line plugs and AHL goalie. hahahah What a joke.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Have to agree we need Gallagher. The trio of Pacioretty,Plekanec and Gallagher gives a balance to the lineup,which cannot be achieved by moving available bodys around. With these 3 playing together it allows the coach to keep Galchenyuk,Eller and Carr together. And you cant disagree about that. We then need the 3rd and 4th line performing somewhat like the beginning of the season. This is a very low scoring team as it has been formed and with the absence of Gallagher,it seemed almost impossible to achieve any balance. What are the odds of 3 players like Pacioretty, Plekanec,and Subban falling into a black hole as far as scoring goals? Its so ridiculous its funny.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It isn't if he ended up being our starter for the rest of the year. Price's timeline is extremely vague. "Minimum six weeks", yet we're approaching week four or five and nothing on an imminent return. What if his injury keeps him out longer? I'd have way more faith in Khudobin alone than Scrivens-Condon.

Yep.

This reeks of Bergevin making a desperate trade in the hopes Scrivens completely reinvents himself and saves our season. Much as I like Bergevin, he reminds me far too much of the conservative nature that eventually ruined Mike Gillis. We cannot keep "being patient" if we want to win a cup.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Agree prairie hab,

The Montreal Canadiens is a valuable respected brand,and the players represent the brand.
When you wear a hat of a dealership in front of the TV cameras right in the Habs dressing room
of a car dealer with past mob ties?

This hat you wear is promoting a dealership that was charged and convicted by the RCMP
of a 6 million dollar fraud ...and then you go get in a accident in a truck linked to the same dealership.

I would think Molson would want to distance himself far away from this .....and why no second chance was given .

My question to you is, how the **** would Kassian know?

Could it plausiable that he went to get a truck, said, "I'm Zack Kassian of the Montreal Canadiens," and they gave him a hat to promote the business while giving him a discount?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I wonder if Price will even be back this year. I sure hope they didn't opt out of surgery hoping he'd magically heal, only to have surgery in January.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
Well you just aren't paying attention to the Coach his Captain and their spin doctors.
We are playing GREAT. :help:

They're not playing horribly per se, but to blame everything on "puck luck" - especially as a means of rebutting the idea that the team has quit on Michel "the Beloved" Therrien - strains credibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad