TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Good lord, people are dense. The Habs did not get Scrivens to replace Price; they got him to replace Tokarski who clearly can't play in the NHL anymore, and spell Condon, who can't play game after game. If Price was gone for the year they would be shopping for more than Scrivens. Also, they didn't trade Guy Lafleur... [mod]

People don't get it. Kassian is not wanted in the room. [mod]

Deep end meet wolfinhabsclothing.

jacks*

Mar 29, 2013
I would love an announcement come across the board.
Headlines would read.M.B and M.T have both been released form the Habs.
That would be my cup for this season.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
The loss of Gallagher destroyed any semblance of balance of our low scoring forward group. He not only provided balance but was an inspiration as well. Galchenyuk cannot play on 2 lines nor can Pacioretty or Plekanec. The forward group as constructed will never win a cup.

Winter Eclipse

Nov 28, 2013
New York, NY
The loss of Gallagher destroyed any semblance of balance of our low scoring forward group. He not only provided balance but was an inspiration as well. Galchenyuk cannot play on 2 lines nor can Pacioretty or Plekanec. The forward group as constructed will never win a cup.

The forward group as constructed is far better than 1-11.

The forward group as deployed however...

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
And who would bet Pacioretty, Plekanec and Subban would disappear into a scoring black hole at same time??

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
And who would bet Pacioretty, Plekanec and Subban would disappear into a scoring black hole at same time??

The minute Desharnais and Weise were on the top PP unit is the time it all went downhill (I don't actually know if this is the exact time, just makes me angry) I could have bet on it!

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
With the Galchenyuk,Carr, Eller line nobody can balance the lines . Go ahead , without Gallagher you can put xxxs whereever you want the forward group sucks.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
The best we can hope for as fans with this move is that for some reason Scrivens acts as some sort of stabilizer that helps get the vets of this teams heads out of their *****!

And that's the best we can hope for. Yeesh.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
3 top 50 scorers from last year Pacioretty,Plekanec and Subban (the $20 million trio) have fallen into a black hole. Hold them accountable.

missthenet

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I have lost every bit of respect I ever had for this team. Absolute rubbish at the top.

Wish we had a like button. Bang on. I thought MB would be a breath of fresh air. He is right up there with Gainey and Gauthier who at least drafted Price and got us Galchenyuk. His love for MT, his extension for DD and MT, extension for Plecanec for two years at $12 million, reclaimation projects of Briere, Paranteau, Semin, Kassian and now Scrivens are laughable for a once proud franchise.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
My question to you is, how the **** would Kassian know?

Could it plausiable that he went to get a truck, said, "I'm Zack Kassian of the Montreal Canadiens," and they gave him a hat to promote the business while giving him a discount?

It happened...and was very bad press for the Habs brand.

No choice but to move on ...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Well losing Gallagher hurts but that should technically only affect the first line but the coach rather changes every other lines to compensate the loss of Gallagher. MT could have just put Carr or Andrighetto on the first line and keep the 2nd and third line intact.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
And I bet if Subban could start scoring again it would it would be a great help. Getting scoring from back end.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
3 top 50 scorers from last year Pacioretty,Plekanec and Subban (the $20 million trio) have fallen into a black hole. Hold them accountable.

They did not fall into a black hole, they just crawled under a rock until MT is gone.

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
just quit already!

Everyone is making out kassian as the victim here. He is 100% accountable for what has transpired.

His point is, Kassian is getting ridiculous treatment in contrast to other players doing similar things. Because NO other NHL player has ever partied, with girls, drinking, ever.

2983818.jpg

For anyone that doesn't know, that Patty Kane in Vancouver after a game, in a limo and some local girls. This is 3am after the bar. BAN HIM FROM THE NHL! ZOMG!

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
If you think they quit on a coach you are 100% wrong. Its been done before sort of but the players were banned for life. Its called throwing games.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Even worse is that you think the habs are playing horrible hockey. You can't measure things in wins and loses over the short term. They've been up and down but overall have been playing pretty well. They haven't been scoring. Their shooting percentages are freakishly low....bad "puck luck". It will turn around. The players haven't quit on the coach despite MT being MT

The fact you think the TEAM has played well concerns me.
1 line has played decent.
1 line doesn't not make a team.

The "puck luck" crap, ya I'm done here.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
As i post on the trade forum discussion, his numbers of 1.97 and .931sv% with the Kings is what im looking at. You cant look at the numers he pull with the Oilers and Leafs, those team were two bad teams when he played for them.

Give the guy a chance, hes worth more chance than Kassian anyway.

What? So goalie sucks on a bad team, don't look at that. Goalie plays well for 19 games on a good team, LOOK HERE HE'S GREAT!

You don't see a problem here?

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Ok, I am pissed off. Seriously pissed off. This is a ****ing joke... trade a kid with a ton of potential because he has a problem for a total ****ing bum that won't solve jack **** - goaltending is not this teams problem anyway, its scoring... and we just dumped a kid that might have helped fix that for a ****** ****ing AHL back-up goaltender with zero upside? I'd done with this team.

2-6-1 in the AHL!

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
His point is, Kassian is getting ridiculous treatment in contrast to other players doing similar things. Because NO other NHL player has ever partied, with girls, drinking, ever.

2983818.jpg

For anyone that doesn't know, that Patty Kane in Vancouver after a game, in a limo and some local girls. This is 3am after the bar. BAN HIM FROM THE NHL! ZOMG!

Partying wth booze is completely different from dependency on booze.

You don't throw a guy into rehab twice because you caught him having a beer after a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad