TSN: Kassian for Scrivens

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Therrien will surprise the hockey world and put Scrivens in his line up as a right winger.
He'll score over 50 goals this season and lead us to a Stanley Cup win !!
Book it!:yo:

There's more likelihood that Therrien sends Scrivens for smokes mid-game than him saving the season. Although, maybe he could help at RW!

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
You don't know they really wanted chucky. They did not get a chucky from Columbus btw.

What you ask and what you expect in a negotiation is 2 different things. You always ask more than what you realistically expect just in case you have a Houle in front of you.

I highly doubt Chicago realistically expected to get a top 3 draft pick for Saad. Their DG is too good to be that dumb.

I never said he came from Columbus, and it's pretty well known bowman wanted galchenyuk for saad.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
No I wanted us to give Pleckanec + other crap for Seguin just like the stars did. Or like Caps gave to thé blues for Oshie or what Stars gave to Hawks for Sharp... Thé list goes on.

Also, if Chucky brings us2 top 5 pick, I would do it in à heartbeat.

Oshie cost Brouwer. A top six 20 goal scoring winger with size...what could've montreal traded to match that?

The1Prodigy1

May 20, 2013
Oshie cost Brouwer. A top six 20 goal scoring winger with size...what could've montreal traded to match that?

Pleckanec?
Also, we coudve game them skme Dmen. Caps gave them forward because they can afford it, we coudve gave them defence cuz thats what we have in surplus

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Yeah....the one player we could have gotten is Sharp. I personally thought he was done....but in retrospect, he would have been a nice add. We didn't have a package to get Oshie. He was another one I'd have liked....but I realize we weren't a fit. Sharp was a missed opportunity though

Sharp started the season with 3 assists in 8 games. I don't think he was playing with Benn and Seguin right off the bat, and I think he was later moved on their line. I could be wrong. I wonder if he would produced at this pace with Plekanec/DD/Galchenyuk.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Pleckanec?
Also, we coudve game them skme Dmen. Caps gave them forward because they can afford it, we coudve gave them defence cuz thats what we have in surplus

Habs need top six players. So the answer is to trade one for another.

Not to mention that Plekanecs brings more to the table than Oshie. :popcorn:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yup, Toronto and Boston is the same as Montreal and Boston. Also I guess you want to trade Galchenyuk to Toronto for two firsts? That's the equivalent to the Kessel trade.

:laugh:
Send Cam a clip of MB dancing around after our latest series victory and then ask him about trade possibilities.

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
MB remains the best GM in the league. The trade is fine. There will be more before the deadline don't worry.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
MB remains the best GM in the league. The trade is fine. There will be more before the deadline don't worry.

We could be selling off...If Price is out until at least playoffs....Will be selling at trade deadline.
Also next year is the last year of "cheap Carey Price"....Will need to pay him 12-14 million a year .....players gotta go regardless.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...tty-says-as-canadiens-slip-from-division-lead
Pacioretty also alluded to the possibility that changes may be in the works if the team doesn’t turn things around. He said the team is like a family and wants to get out of its current predicament together.

Last edited:

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Meh Scrivens isn't going to save us... It's a nothing for nothing trade. The whole team needs to wake up, especially the damn captain. He says all the right things but he doesn't do the right things.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Love this place, we can't look at Scrivens last 5 games, but the habs last 10 games are relevant!:biglaugh:

This is my queue to leave this thread. The biased agendas are just a bit much for me today.

The fact you think 5 games for a goalie (in the AHL) is just as relevant as a TEAM (in the NHL) sucking for 10 makes me laugh.

There are no words to describe what I'm thinking right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad