Kassian/Cernak kicking incident Part 2 (suspended for 7 games)

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
How long do NHL hearings usually take?

McKenzie, on Edmonton radio, said we might not hear anything for a bit because "there's no rush," meaning he thinks it's going to be more than a game or two.

I'm not sure where I come down on it. I think I'll be satisfied with 4, because, again, I don't think he was actually trying to hurt Cernak, but I'm thinking it'll end up being more because the league can't have this happening, and because Kassian's explanation is so obviously BS.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You guys really need to stop arguing with the oiler fans who think Kassian did nothing wrong.

Their blindness due to team loyalty has completely distorted their view of reality and they are inventing what they want to see. You aren't gonna change their minds.

I yet to see a single person from any fan base that has said Kassian did nothing wrong. Can you quote anyone who has said that?

Reactions: Mav3rick07

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
You guys really need to stop arguing with the oiler fans who think Kassian did nothing wrong.

Their blindness due to team loyalty has completely distorted their view of reality and they are inventing what they want to see. You aren't gonna change their minds.

I think the majority of Oiler fans have been pretty reasonable. Some of these late-comers are out to lunch, obviously, but the ones in Part 1 of the thread were shaking their head at Kassian more than defending him.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
IIRC Jeff Skinner (the last skate kicking I recall) got 2 games. Don't think he had any history at the time.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
That should be a season ending suspension.

Completely impartial opinion.

Stomping on someone with a skate is so out of bounds that the suspension should be in a courtroom.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I yet to see a single person from any fan base that has said Kassian did nothing wrong. Can you quote anyone who has said that?

Holy shit lol you're the dude who made like 100 posts in the last thread claiming that there was no contact (there was) and that there's nothing wrong about kicking in the direction of a player.

You can't be serious.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

It sure if this has been posted yet.

I heard that the old wheel of justice is requiring maintenance and that’s the cause of the delay for the death sentence to Kassian.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
What i dont understand is why did the meathead kick the guy instead of just pounding away on him. Its not like he cares if the other guy is fighting back or not. Also for the first half of the take down it was Kassian holding down the tampa guy. So it seems like its only fair for him to hold someone down. I think his past has ****ed his brain up to much for him to make rational decisions. Once he sees red all beats are off as to what actions he will take. He is a bully who cant take what he dishes out.

It will be interesting when they autopsy him for brain damage.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Holy **** lol you're the dude who made like 100 posts in the last thread claiming that there was no contact (there was) and that there's nothing wrong about kicking in the direction of a player.

You can't be serious.

if I made 100 posts as you claim can you please quote a single one?

saying that the camera angle doesn’t show the contact is not the same as saying contact never happened.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
if I made 100 posts as you claim can you please quote a single one?

saying that the camera angle doesn’t show the contact is not the same as saying contact never happened.

You should probably get off HF and prepare for your hearing Zack.

Reactions: Caesar Rex

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Holy **** lol you're the dude who made like 100 posts in the last thread claiming that there was no contact (there was) and that there's nothing wrong about kicking in the direction of a player.

You can't be serious.
Also please quote where I said anything about kicking at a player being perfectly ok lol.
I have said multiple times that it’s a stupid play that deserves 5-10 games

Jedub

Registered Lurker
Nov 21, 2013
Winnipeg
so the opinion of ONE single fan is enough for you to make blanket statements bout the entire fan base?
lol. When did I say that? I know you said you've yet to see any comment at all saying Kassian did nothing wrong. I guess you missed that page?

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Tkachuk played Kassian like a fiddle the whole time.

He knew Kassian would lose it again shortly and now 2 suspensions within a month don't look good on him, or the organization.

Good think Kassiam has such a "good memory", LMAO

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Except Skinner was lying on his stomach with his head down, had his skate already against the player and pushed off without looking.

Kassian was looking directly at Cernak when he pulled his leg back and kicked him in the chest. Neither one is great but Kassian's is more intentional than Skinner's was.
and Chara's was even more intentional...what's your point?

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Tkachuk played Kassian like a fiddle the whole time.

He knew Kassian would lose it again shortly and now 2 suspensions within a month don't look good on him, or the organization.

Good think Kassiam has such a "good memory", LMAO

lol Tkachuk? This has nothing to do with him. Cute how you’re trying in someway to make yourself relevant :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad