Kassian/Cernak kicking incident Part 2 (suspended for 7 games)

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Chris Simon not only stomped on Ruutu, he tripped him in order to do it. And this was all done after the play. It could've been filed as an assault, he deliberately tried to injure Ruutu.

Kassian deserves around 10 games but this incident is no where near the Simon incident. That's was a top-5 dirty play in the NHL, right up there with McSorley-Brashear.

It was definitely more dirty, but the actual play and kick was a more similar motion to Simon than it was to Skinner.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
its 6 oclock in Toronto on Valentine's day, doesnt the DOPS want to get their Fri-yay started... whats taking soo long to announce the verdict.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Oh, now something is clear in the video?

yep. Pretty evident. Still can’t see the skate make contact with the Tampa player.

it is better described as a stomp than a kick.

Tired of hearing "president" they need to set a new president saying stop doing this **** or go home for the season.

Do you know what a stomp is? Stomping means a downward motion can you see what direction Kassian kicked in?
Crazy how people are being so incredibly ignorant like this just to try and justify their hate and justify that he should be charged with murder for a harmless kick.
5,10,20 games sure. But it wasn’t a stomp and wasn’t anything close to what Simon did.

Oil Dood

Sep 17, 2019
There's reckless, there's dirty, and then there's totally lost your marbles. Guess which category I'd put Kassian in?
Which category do you think the highly respected (2009 and 2019 Norris winners and highly respected long before that) Chara and Giordano belong in?
Yes... some fans do have blind spots when it comes to certain players on their own teams (although that certainly doesn't seem to hold true in most cases when players are discussed on the team's home board - if you want to see players get torn apart... that's usually the place to read it) but to try to downplay the seriousness of an action so reviled in the hockey world is just ridiculous (not accusing you of doing this... you're not) and just goes to further reinforce what people think of another fan base (even though the offending parties are generally in the miniscule minority).
Kudos to fans calling out their brother fans when they are being ridiculous and are just plain wrong.

As for your comment about the refs... I'd like the linesmen to be given the power to call all penalties whether they be major or minor. Its ridiculous that the linesman, who was right there when it happened, wasn't able to call that a penalty. Give the refs the ability to overrule the linesman, but at least give the linesman that ability to put his arm up and make the initial call at the time. Stuff just happens too fast in today's game for two refs to see everything. Plus its more difficult to "manage" a game when you have 4 people calling penalties instead of 2.

Psst....the Linesmen do have the ability to call match penalties. It has been a rule for a very long time . They also have the right to report any major penalty to the referee and let him call it. That is an actual rule.....

And Giordano and Chara are repeat offenders.

Kassian does deserve something though.

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019

Pretty sure if hearing is in person (or has the option to be) the NHL doesn't need to give a verdict before your next game

Kassian already waived his right for the in person hearing, Mckenzie reported that the phone hearing already took place 2 hrs ago, 4pm pm eastern. theres no reason to not come to a desicion for another 48 hrs or over the weekend, they have all the facts now.

Reactions: LoSTRaMaiR

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Completely bizarre out of context quotes in many cases and opinion interjected to put a spin on it. Didn't get the response he wanted in the last thread, lets try again with a complete re-post of the same drivel.
I addressed this. Even in context you were minimizing and defending. The context works. You were wrong. You continue to be wrong.

Feel free to quote any of them or quote them all to prove that you and the other posters weren't minimizing or defending his actions.

The other guy ended our conversation as soon as I asked him to do this. Hes arguing for pages with everyone else but me asking for him to prove what he was saying? Too much apparently

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Psst....the Linesmen do have the ability to call match penalties. It has been a rule for a very long time . They also have the right to report any major penalty to the referee and let him call it. That is an actual rule.....

And Giordano and Chara are repeat offenders.

Kassian does deserve something though.
Ok I wasn't aware of that... probably because you never, or rarely ever, see it done. So what is the linesman's excuse then? He was right there... 10 ft away and looking right at them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad