Karlsson's season and future | MOD Warning Post 508

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Erik Karlsson on what the Silver medal means to him: "You will see when I put it out on eBay".

Dude...not cool...

Oh please. It is well known that winning silver is actually more upsetting then winning bronze. Polls have shown this. He has every right to be upset.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Oh please. It is well known that winning silver is actually more upsetting then winning bronze. Polls have shown this. He has every right to be upset.

It's fine that he's upset, but the eBay comment is out of line. It cheapens what the medal means to other athletes competing at the Olympic games. It was rude to all the other athletes who are proud to win silver at these Games.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
haha he just said what all his teamates are thinking. Im glad means he is pissed off and wants to win. He must really be sick of losing to Crosby.

SenatorArmy*

It's a pretty funny reply. A lot of Canada has that exact same sentiment about Silver.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I quickly checked the IIHF summary sheet and noticed that he wasn't on the ice for a goal against... in the entire tournament. :amazed:

simplefan

May 25, 2008
It wasnt his fault

His performance wasn't great but wasnt bad too. I don't know if it was the gameplan or what but Karlsson wasnt allowed to rush the puck in the first 2 periods. Then on the powerplay, nobody passed him the puck. He was completely ignored on the breakout.

I rarely saw Karlsson up the ice, maybe twice where he got caught.

But generally what caused the loss was an extremely slow Swede defense, really slow in their end and because of it it generated a slow transition through the neutral zone.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully the loss doesn't effect karlssons play come thursday.

Last edited:

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Can you link a source? I am not finding anything.

Postmedia's Fitz-Gerald:

http://www.canada.com/olympics/news...edal-winner-theres-been-lots-of-ups-and-downs

Swedish forward Daniel Alfredsson was asked about what it felt like to win silver: “It doesn’t feel like it’s worth a whole lot right now, but I know in a few weeks’ time it’s going to be something that I’m extremely proud of.”

Teammate Erik Karlsson might have said it better, when asked what the medal was worth to him: “You will see when I put it out on eBay.”

Last edited:

BigBush*

Nobody's performance for sweden was good in the gold medal game. Doesn't matter if they had Crosby, Malkin, Kane, Canada was a force defensively designed to shut the opposing team down. I was kinda hoping Karlsson would single handedly win the gold for Sweden though...

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I think Karlsson is using humor to hide his sadness.

It's not your fault
it-s-not-your-fault-o.gif

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
he needs to begin a trophy case like Selanne. Before playing the US, Selanne said that he would love to add the bronze to his collection.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
It's no different than losing in the cup final and someone coming up to you and asking how does it feel going home empty-handed. No idea what reporters expect the losing team's players to say. I've never seen a player not upset or sad after losing in any kind of a championship game. Do reporters honestly think Karlsson would say well we tried our hardest and can hold our heads up high? Maybe as time passes he'll say that but not now. There is a reason people say the only medals you win are the gold and bronze and that there is no such thing as winning silver.

I'm just waiting for one of the hacks at the Sun to post Karlsson's comments in a story and have it way overblown and create a nice storm. Don Brennan would love to post an article titled, "Karlsson's Garbage Comments." in reference to the Karlsson is a garbage pick story back then.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
It's no different than losing in the cup final and someone coming up to you and asking how does it feel going home empty-handed. No idea what reporters expect the losing team's players to say. I've never seen a player not upset or sad after losing in any kind of a championship game. Do reporters honestly think Karlsson would say well we tried our hardest and can hold our heads up high? Maybe as time passes he'll say that but not now. There is a reason people say the only medals you win are the gold and bronze and that there is no such thing as winning silver.

I'm just waiting for one of the hacks at the Sun to post Karlsson's comments in a story and have it way overblown and create a nice storm. Don Brennan would love to post an article titled, "Karlsson's Garbage Comments." in reference to the Karlsson is a garbage pick story back then.

Exactly what you see is exactly what reporters want. An honest answer with colour, emotion. Canned answers suffice to fill the column but this is better.

edit: It's part of being a professional player. You have to deal with the media in good times and bad.

If Don wants to start another crusade about it let him exhaust whatever goodwill he has left.

The kid is competitive. He didn't crap on Canada. At most he's a bit of a sore loser. We don't know how he said it either (if he was making a joke or looking like a sad puppy), so some context is missing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad