Karlsson's season and future | MOD Warning Post 508

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
It's fine that he's upset, but the eBay comment is out of line. It cheapens what the medal means to other athletes competing at the Olympic games. It was rude to all the other athletes who are proud to win silver at these Games.

Yeah, Like Patrick Chan.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Postmedia's Fitz-Gerald:

Swedish forward Daniel Alfredsson was asked about what it felt like to win silver: “It doesn’t feel like it’s worth a whole lot right now, but I know in a few weeks’ time it’s going to be something that I’m extremely proud of.â€

Teammate Erik Karlsson might have said it better, when asked what the medal was worth to him: “You will see when I put it out on eBay.â€

http://www.canada.com/olympics/news...edal-winner-theres-been-lots-of-ups-and-downs

Its good that he is with Alfie now, he'll give him some perspective.

He's lucky he wasn't with the team that lost to Belarus; Alfie, Sundin and a lot of great Swedish players, were ripped, some Swedish papers put up pictures like wanted posters of them all.

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
Eh, I wouldn't read too much into Karlsson's comments. He'll be able to look back at this by the end of the season and appreciate it.

Not to mention he's 23 and will have what, 5 more shots at Olympic gold?
I don't buy into all this talk about taking NHL players out of them. They'll be there in South Korea.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Especially in head-to-head sports, where 'winning the silver' literally means 'losing the Gold medal game.'

Yep. Over time, Karlsson will come to appreciate the silver medal. As of now though, i understand completely why he made those comments.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Karlsson has been joking all tournament long. If anything I am sure it was a joke of some sort.. obviously he was dissapointed but I am sure he will be happy about it when it settles.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Eh, I wouldn't read too much into Karlsson's comments. He'll be able to look back at this by the end of the season and appreciate it.

Not to mention he's 23 and will have what, 5 more shots at Olympic gold?
I don't buy into all this talk about taking NHL players out of them. They'll be there in South Korea.

Probably more like 3 or 4, assuming the NHL agrees to send players again, which isn't a foregone conclusion.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
He was fairly composed when he was interviewed in Swedish TV, it wasnt like they lost in the final second or anything.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Man, people are REALLY grasping at straws on the main board now.

He was as close to prefect as possible in the tournament and they are using it as evidence that he sucks...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He shouldn't have taken too much medication.

Well, in Backstrom's defense, Claritin really sucks. With my allergies I have to take 2-3 of the extra strength ones just to get my nose to stop its niagara falls impression. Damn things aren't very good at all. :p:

BigBush*

Well, in Backstrom's defense, Claritin really sucks. With my allergies I have to take 2-3 of the extra strength ones just to get my nose to stop its niagara falls impression. Damn things aren't very good at all. :p:

But do they help you lift bro?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Karlsson was amazing at the tournament, but this comment doesn't show anything new from him.

It's funny because my wife and I were talking about this exact thing after Canada destroyed Sweden...how it's almost better to win bronze than it is to win silver in a tournament like this because at least you get to go out on a win.

However the damage control here is a bit odd. I'm sure if say...PK Subban said the same thing everyone here would be all over him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad