Karlsson's season and future | MOD Warning Post 508

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Karlsson was amazing at the tournament, but this comment doesn't show anything new from him.

It's funny because my wife and I were talking about this exact thing after Canada destroyed Sweden...how it's almost better to win bronze than it is to win silver in a tournament like this because at least you get to go out on a win.

However the damage control here is a bit odd. I'm sure if say...PK Subban said the same thing everyone here would be all over him.

Odd? We are Sens fans. Most of us like Karlsson. Odd!

He wants to win. He didn't win, so he is unhappy. This is good. Pro sports.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
EK65 one-liner: “You will see when I put it out on eBay,” the 23-year-old defenseman said.

EK65 follow-up: “It’s obviously something that will be great to look back on and be proud of, but it will take some time before I will be able to reflect on what it means,” Karlsson said.

Damned if you do damned if you don't. How would it have looked if he right away would have gone out and said that it was all good and that he felt great "winning" a silver.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that this had already been posted.

Read the entire quote.

"" ... it will take some time before I will be able to reflect on what it means."

https://twitter.com/seanfitz_gerald/status/437639999865901056

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
No issue with his comment.

In time, at the end of the day, without Backstrom, Franzen, Zetterberg, Sedin, they finished second in the world. I am sure with perspective and time he will appreciate it.

I like a guy who doesn't like being second.

If the Swedish coach wanted to win, he would have played him more.It would have helped but you get scrubs like Jon Ericsson being the goat when higher end NHLers were left off. Politics as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad