Karlsson's season and future | MOD Warning Post 508

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Hopefully we can keep this thread open and fill it up as the season progresses.

I know it has only been two games (and a few pre-season games), but from what I have seen his positioning seems off and he is getting beat wide the same way he was a couple of seasons ago. He also doesn't make those dartish passes up the rink to a forward with speed - might be due to forwards not finding the open areas as well. He also looks really timid in puck battles, letting opposing players outskate him to the puck. Last but not least, I haven't seen a single (successful) rush yet either.

I hope this is just rust and not physical and/or mental parts of his injury. What do you guys think so far, what do you expect, am I overly negative?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think i am done with this forum. Its been two games and we already have a was ryan worth it thread, a sens is lazy thread and now a karlsson is rusty thread. Might as well turn this whole entire forum into the official panic 2013-2014 forum.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Well, he has one game winning goal in two games as well. But yeah, he is a bit off at the moment, but so is the entire team. Panic at this point, two games in, would be completely irrational given his entire body of work in his career so far.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
And in one of those games he scored the game winning goal and was the best skater on the ice that wasn't wearing goalie pads. :laugh:

You must've been watching an entirely other game than I did, if you think he was the best skater.

And like I wrote, this thread is meant to be running during the season, to be updated about everyone's opinions. Or aren't we allowed to have an opinion at this point?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You must've been watching an entirely other game than I did, if you think he was the best skater.

And like I wrote, this thread is meant to be running during the season, to be updated about everyone's opinions. Or aren't we allowed to have an opinion at this point?

I don't know, am I? You're the one who just dismissed my opinion.

conway902

Feb 4, 2012
Sorry sens fans, he is going to suck this year. I made sure of that when I picked him in the first round of a new keeper league:nod:

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
I don't know, am I? You're the one who just dismissed my opinion.

Wait, so when someone does not agree with you, you take that as him not thinking you should be allowed to have said opinion?

This is a forum where we are supposed to discuss and not always agree on all opinions. I didn't agree with yours, but of course I think you should be allowed to have it.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I hope this is just rust and not physical and/or mental parts of his injury. What do you guys think so far, what do you expect, am I overly negative?
You're jumping to conclusions. Karlsson is just fine. He's at a point where it's his own choice whether he wants to be good or bad.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Wait, so when someone does not agree with you, you take that as him not thinking you should be allowed to have said opinion?

This is a forum where we are supposed to discuss and not always agree on all opinions. I didn't agree with yours, but of course I think you should be allowed to have it.

This is so meta.

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
"He also looks really timid in puck battles, letting opposing players outskate him to the puck."

He's always done that. Even during his norris year.

shootingrubber

Oct 7, 2010
Some of you people need to **** off with these STUPID threads. It's been 2 games. 2 ****ing games. 24 hours ago people were like "KARLSSON'S BACK YEAH BABY". Now, people are like "**** KARLSSON SUCKS, TRADE HIM, BLOW IT UP".

Some of you people on this forum are ridiculous.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
I think he's done. He probably won't get more than 20 goals and 70-75 points this season. Trade him while we can still get something for him.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Some of you people need to **** off with these STUPID threads. It's been 2 games. 2 ****ing games. 24 hours ago people were like "KARLSSON'S BACK YEAH BABY". Now, people are like "**** KARLSSON SUCKS, TRADE HIM, BLOW IT UP".

Some of you people on this forum are ridiculous.
Reactions to it are also funny. A questionable poster posts about Karlsson, then a parody thread of Andy is made. And no one knows. :laugh:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Oh look, it's the closet Detroit Red Wings fan who posts about Karlsson when he's doing poorly but stays quiet when Karlsson is playing lights out.

Karlsson was the best skater against Buffalo. He was amazing that game; could have been even better though.

Last night he was horrible. I'm a bit worried(jk) but start of the year and it happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad