Karlsson's season and future | MOD Warning Post 508

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I don't understand why ppl think Karlsson will leave he is been treated quiet well so why worry about something which u can't predict in 5 years?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
For the quotes lol. So I can keep them all in a safe place and use them when need be.

Of all the blue-liners in the NHL today, we ask Lidstrom whom he believes is the best. The first two names out of his mouth will represent Sweden as first-time Olympians.

“Erik Karlsson,†Lidstrom says immediately. “He’s a top-notch defenceman. He can join the rush; he can play 30 minutes a night. He’s the top guy.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...en-mike-babcock-red-wings-woes-erik-karlsson/

BgdauLBCAAAU-Mt.jpg:large

BgeIB-cCIAArbmG.jpg:large

Esposito: Karlsson best first steps since orr (cant find interview link)

Bobby Orr:

http://www.ottawasun.com/2012/03/17/bobby-orr-a-big-karlsson-booster

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i think the quotes thing are pretty petty

do quotes from our own Murray and MacLean count who compared aspects of EK to Coffey and Leetch?

Also, after watching the 87 Canada/Russian matches, Coffey was literally a rocket (that stop speed) while Karlsson is like an F1 (quick acceleration)

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden
The gap between players today are smaller than in the past. What I mean it's more difficult today to stick out with all the good skating in NHL.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Apologies. I withdraw my suggestion.
though petty, i think it'll be funny because it'll annoy other people

Paul MacLean: He can skake, like he's an elite, if not the best skater in the league, he's one of the top 3.

Brian Murray: He's a little bit like Paul Coffey, the skating, that first step, he can explode, he's a little bit like Brian Leetch in that he can bring offence, he can attack, he knows how to play positionally, defensively.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
though petty, i think it'll be funny because it'll annoy other people

Paul MacLean: He can skake, like he's an elite, if not the best skater in the league, he's one of the top 3.

Brian Murray: He's a little bit like Paul Coffey, the skating, that first step, he can explode, he's a little bit like Brian Leetch in that he can bring offence, he can attack, he knows how to play positionally, defensively.

Karlsson is better than Coffey or Leetch ever were. Hockey is better now compared to when they played too. He has been great during the Olympics, back with Alfie having fun! :nod:

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
i think the quotes thing are pretty petty

do quotes from our own Murray and MacLean count who compared aspects of EK to Coffey and Leetch?

Also, after watching the 87 Canada/Russian matches, Coffey was literally a rocket (that stop speed) while Karlsson is like an F1 (quick acceleration)

getty_pcoffey.jpg
002162_main_1.png

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
incorrect words rustles my jimmies too but couldn't help myself after the debate at lounge. no but seriously Coffey was fast, even though I watched the 87 series only recently.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I love Karlsson, he is my favourite player ih the league, but I've heard a lot of things off ice. I've had more than one person tell me that they have seen EK out multiple times, and every time he is an ******* to everbody. Never smiling, seems to be really bothered by us 'common folk'.

Hope it isn't true, as he seems awesome in most of his interviews. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteLight*

I love Karlsson, he is my favourite player ih the league, but I've heard a lot of things off ice. I've had more than one person tell me that they have seen EK out multiple times, and every time he is an a**hole to everbody. Never smiling, seems to be really bothered by us 'common folk'.

Hope it isn't true, as he seems awesome in most of his interviews. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Who cares

Not everyone is super social and wants to socialize and smile and fake it with everyone they meet

We know he's been unhappy lately why do you think he should fake it and smile just to appease all the random common folk?

If he wants to be a stuck *****, then he's entitled to do so. He's certainly earned it. But he likely just hates having people drool over him

Just leave him alone

WhiteLight*

Lol relax. I'm not the type to go up and 'bother' an athlete. Just saying a bunch of people don't like his attitude.

It's a non issue.

So he's a jerk to common folk at this particular moment in his life. He's 23 and his support system is being torn apart. You need to relax.. it's a non issue

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I am relaxed. Why are you so defensive? I Love Karlsson, like I already mentioned.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
i think a lot of players are like that (not saying karlsson is..he seems like a nice guy for the team atleast which is what matter)

A few of my friends went to highschool with Couture and said he was the same thought way too highly of himself

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Not to generalize (although this is definitely a generalization) but the Swedes are a bit cold like that. There's a bit of a different attitude and cultural background at play here.

And HSF is right, a lot (heck, maybe even the majority) of pro athletes have a chip on their shoulders these days. I think, with the amount of competition, the (over)training required to be a pro and the whole elite sports culture around these days (special clothing lines, the "Nike attitude" effect, big money, insta-fame, etc) it's something most pro athletes pretty much need to survive.

This day and age where any yahoo with a keyboard and express their views on an athlete to the world, cameras everywhere, sports channels 24-7, and instant access to everything, you need that super arrogant attitude not to go crazy...and keep your spot on the roster.

Personally, I don't like it. I'd much rather cheer for a good player who is also a kind and humble person, but it just doesn't work that way anymore. Whoever coined the phrase the meek shall inherit the earth would turn in their quill after seeing the way the world works in the 21st century.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Not to generalize (although this is definitely a generalization) but the Swedes are a bit cold like that. There's a bit of a different attitude and cultural background at play here.

And HSF is right, a lot (heck, maybe even the majority) of pro athletes have a chip on their shoulders these days. I think, with the amount of competition, the (over)training required to be a pro and the whole elite sports culture around these days (special clothing lines, the "Nike attitude" effect, big money, insta-fame, etc) it's something most pro athletes pretty much need to survive.

This day and age where any yahoo with a keyboard and express their views on an athlete to the world, cameras everywhere, sports channels 24-7, and instant access to everything, you need that super arrogant attitude not to go crazy...and keep your spot on the roster.

Personally, I don't like it. I'd much rather cheer for a good player who is also a kind and humble person, but it just doesn't work that way anymore. Whoever coined the phrase the meek shall inherit the earth would turn in their quill after seeing the way the world works in the 21st century.

I don't give a **** whether a guy's an ******* off the ice and in public. It's not my concern. He can be the biggest ****** bag walking but IF he performs well for my team then I am loving him! There are lots of dickheads in the pro sports. Hell I can be a little bit off ******* too! :D Anyways I don't pay to see Karlsson off the ice, I pay to see him "on the ice!". If he's a nice guy and makes time for the fans then that's a bonus!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad