Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I don't really know, someone mentioned Panarin a week ago but who knows. Nothing really major news around Boston sadly.

Karlsson- Tampa
Tavares- Toronto
Hoffman- Florida.
Teams around Boston getting better, Bergerons 33y and his prime years are in question right now.

I actually like the transition of Boston. Pastrnak, McAvoy, DeBrusk... solid young core learning from incredible vets. Its rare that we get to see this happen. Vets like that you usually have to fade off into the distance of a rebuild, or get traded to a contender for one last shot at the cup.

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
This thread has turned much like the Dallas one did where fans wanted to give up magic beans for Erik Karlsson and not even their best magic beans. Typical HF, give us your franchise player and accept this pile of garbage in return.
Can't speak for other Stars fans, but I'd pass on EK, take my chances with Miro, work on improving my top 6 and see where I'm at come trade deadline. As awesome as it would he to have EK in Dallas, and as great as he is, one player isnt going to turn things around in Big D. I've watched too many games where Dallas played a solid 40 minutes, gave up 4 goals in the third and lost, or gave up a couple early and tried to play from behind for 50 minutes. Having a reliable backup goalie in net could earn some more Ws.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Panarin would be a fantastic fit. Price will probably be sky-high though

I doubt he's really available right now but if he were Boston should do whatever they can to land him, he's a franchise W and would give Boston 2 elite scoring lines.

I actually like the transition of Boston. Pastrnak, McAvoy, DeBrusk... solid young core learning from incredible vets. Its rare that we get to see this happen. Vets like that you usually have to fade off into the distance of a rebuild, or get traded to a contender for one last shot at the cup.

The kids groups amazing, except there's 1 major problem right now, no one to take over Bergeron once he hits decline and for sooner need no quarantee replacements for Krejci.

W& defense aren't the concern, or right now are with the additions made by other teams.

Reactions: wintersej

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
I doubt he's really available right now but if he were Boston should do whatever they can to land him, he's a franchise W and would give Boston 2 elite scoring lines.

The kids groups amazing, except there's 1 major problem right now, no one to take over Bergeron once he hits decline and for sooner need no quarantee replacements for Krejci.

W& defense aren't the concern, or right now are with the additions made by other teams.
It's weird to think of Boston without insane centre depth but it's heading that way.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
It's weird to think of Boston without insane centre depth but it's heading that way.
They can thank Chiarelli for never drafting a good one.

They do have a couple coming they seem high on. But ya there’s a big gap in ages from Bergeron and Krejci

Edit excluding that Seguin fellow. But a drunk monkey could’ve got that one right

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
They can thank Chiarelli for never drafting a good one.

They do have a couple coming they seem high on. But ya there’s a big gap in ages from Bergeron and Krejci
Yeh but at one point not long ago, they had Bergeron/Krejci/Seguin. That would of been unreal

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Sadly.
It's why I wanted Tavares to Boston. Would have set the team for the next 7 years.

Now Sweeney really needs a miracle work to fix that issue moving forward, atleat he landed McAvoy who looks like a franchise D-man.
So 1/2 major issues potentially addressed.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
NHL network reporting is a done deal. Karlsson to tampa (Sirius radio)

Michael Landsberg said the same thing on the radio, TSN1050, this morning. He might just be repeating the same sources already posted here. But a lot of the media feels OK saying this is a fact.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Even today they are saying its done so it looks more an more like it is.
Report: Erik Karlsson joining Tampa Bay Lightning
If you were awake last night, you would have realized this was a false start. The report has been belied. And the link here to the Tampa news source cites the same underlying source. I think that it is inevitable it gets done today. But currently, it appears things still need to be worked out with a third party.

Shoresy Snipes

Give yer B's a T ya T F'r
May 6, 2017
Even better than Stamkos? Or do you mean just in terms of trade value? Not a knock against Point, I love the guy, but is he really that good?
Yes!
Stammer should be moved to LW and just try to emulate ripping one-timers like Ovi... that's it. That is it. Point is COMPLETE. Not a joke. Take Stammer if you must, keep greasy paws off Point. It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad