Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Can't wait to see how badly Yzerman fleeces Dorion. We all know it's going to happen. The only question is how bad it will be.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Can't wait to see how badly Yzerman fleeces Dorion. We all know it's going to happen. The only question is how bad it will be.

I dont know this is taking too long. The longer it goes the less Im confident we traded for him.

VoteForTavares

Jun 29, 2018
GTA
I think the current exchange is about 1.3 :1. so a 10 million USD contract will net you 13 Million canadian. The taxes probably level that out a bit, for sure. But its not as though living in Tampa is incredibly cheap either for housing, etc.

We're also talking about affording places for people like you or I vs someone who is making 10 million, as well.
It's not just about housing either - it's about food, cars, boats, everything else these millionaires spend money on. All these things are cheaper down there. People still cross the border to buy cars, boats, food, booze, goods in the States because it is significantly cheaper.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
With the Ottawa and Tampa talk involving a third team with that team being New York I was wondering what could Tampa be sending to free cap. The most logical piece for Tampa is Callahan as he has a high hit for a bottom 6 guy and he was a former Ranger captain so might waive to go back. He's still a useful player just extremely overpaid but not enough where I think Tampa needs to pay a huge fee to move him (pick in the first 3 rounds or good prospect). New York has the cap to take him in full but they also have Beleksey who's an AHL player making 1.9 after Boston retained 50% on him.

Callahan + 4th or Jonne Tammela/Ben Thomas for Beleksey?

New York get Callahan at 3.9, the difference in him and Beleksey, + a 4th or prospect. For that price he's paid more accurately for what he brings. Tampa frees up 3.9 or 4.8 if they bury Beleksey in Syracuse. His buyout next year is also cheaper than Callahan. Is a 4th or C prospect enough to take on Callahan and send Beleksey?

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I can't remember so many moving parts in one off season. UFA's in Tavares, JVR, Neal, Stastny, etc. and trades in ROR, Karlsson, Patch, Hoffman, etc. So many GM's have their fingers on so many plans but have to wait for other GM's to finished their plan first.

Right? I can't imagine how boring it's gonna be next year. Seems like all the big franchise or large ticket names are signed to long ass contracts

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's not just about housing either - it's about food, cars, boats, everything else these millionaires spend money on. All these things are cheaper down there. People still cross the border to buy cars, boats, food, booze, goods in the States because it is significantly cheaper.

Right - i'm not trying to say canada is 'cheaper' or anything. Just that the exchange rate is supposed to take most of that in to account, in a general sense.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I'd like to see what you're using to convince a guy who doesn't pay state tax to go to a place where he does and the cost of living and weather suck.

I'm having visions of that guy from the Godfather waking up with a horsehead in his bed. Because I think that's what it will take.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I just think this is a really complicated deal. Dorion is backed into a corner but he's probably fighting tooth and nail for every little piece he can get. I'm sure there's hold up there. Yzerman needs to move a contract but shouldn't pay premium assets to do so, so I'm sure there's hold up there. Lot's of moving parts when you're talking about trading for Erik Karlsson.

I keep seeing people say that Ottawa is using TB to get DAL or VGK to up their offers, but what if it was the other way around? What if TB was the only realistic play and the whole "front runner" thing started to make TB flinch? Despite VGK and DAL being supposed front runners in the previous days, there was never this much buzz around something actually getting done.

Just please get it done today. I have a life I need to live this weekend and I just can't with this looming.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Damn sure is playing with my emotions. How the hell am I supposed to work today?
Just from past experience, I doubt anything happens today. These things where they call a trade but then it never actually existed usually means it's all bullshit.

I can't remember how many times Duchene, ROR, Subban, and a bunch others were "traded" months, sometimes years before they were actually traded.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Wait until Devils nation wakes up and comes storming in here, but I think Zacha pans out to a 3rd-line guy. Hasn't shown me a thing in his time thus far that indicates he'll put it together.

Not a popular opinion.

he is already a 3rd liner and just turned 21 a few weeks ago.

Please stop.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Just from past experience, I doubt anything happens today. These things where they call a trade but then it never actually existed usually means it's all bull****.

I can't remember how many times Duchene, ROR, Subban, and a bunch others were "traded" months, sometimes years before they were actually traded.

Its the day of social media. Nobody knows whats actually going on. Just speculation. Thats why Im prepared to see this go in any direction. I wont celebrate him here unless we see the "confirmed trade with link" or HF breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->