Rumor: Karlsson to Lightning (Mod warning in OP - READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Tampa needs to clear salary. If we see a trade where we traded Johnson or Callahan then Karlsson is likely gone to TB.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Me too.

I have no sources, though.

Tampa sending Johnson, so Ottawa can then turn and ship him out for more pieces, or keep, try to do as well as possible and ship him out in the off season ?

Without Ryan, I think Sergachev + johnson and a pick could be the deal, though Johnson has to waive his NMC to go to ottawa and then again to flip him. Unlike Dallas, Tampa has to send both a roster player making a fair amount of dough (johnson/killorn) and either point/sergachev to make it worth ottawa's time

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
You’d think the return would have to be pretty good to consider trading him to a team within the division.

Reactions: HomeAndHome

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Johnsons full NTC just kicked in. I have my doubts that he would waive to go from THE Stanley Cup favorite after this deal gets done to what will be arguably one of the 3-5 worst teams in the league on paper depending on the return.

Callahan now can be traded to 15 teams IIRC. I would bet this would somehow turn in a 3 way with Tampa paying someone to take Callahan to make it work longterm.

I hope it happens. Leafs - Tampa would be a nice battle and it would keep EK out of the West.

I guess Sergachev + goes the other way if it happens...

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'll throw this out there as I've posted it on the lightning boards.

Sergachev + Gourde + Coburn/Girardi (cap) + Koekkoek + Stephens/Joseph/Volkov + 2020 1st for Karlsson?

Cash wise it's pretty neutral if you have the forward prospect on the main roster as it's just under the 7.5 Karlsson will get this year so should make Melnyk happy. I would think that whichever one of Coburn or Girardi goes Ottawa would have a deal in place to send that out right away as they won't waive knowingly to stay in Ottawa. Gourde can either be resigned or traded at the deadline for a good haul due to his cheap caphit. Ottawa has had interest in Koekkoek in the past so might be someone they would prefer coming back. The forward prospect will be a good middle 6 winger who will be ready this year if needed and a 1st is a 1st.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
You think Johnson would waive? TB is chalk full of NTCs
Not to OTT, but a different team perhaps in a subsequent deal

This will be a mammoth of a package to OTT. TBL is littered with great prospects, I am sure some teams would rather get TBL drafted prospects rather than the picks to draft their own :laugh:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Would love to see this as a Canes fan. Toronto and Tampa Bay in an arms race. Waddell sitting there with Justin Faulk and Jeff Skinner available ready for a team to overpay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad