Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
It certainly illustrates how some of the players in the room may not have been impressed with how the captain handled this (if the rumours are true)...

Two sides to every story.

Hoffman and his GF have more control over the media narrative at the moment because the Karlssons aren't going to comment after initiating court proceedings.

I am not on anyone’s side because I have no knowledge of the facts, which appear to be private and not made available in the court to date. It appears that too many people are rushing to judgement. I prefer to let the investigators and police do their jobs in order to provide facts.

This is the approach that fans should take.

Not envious of management, they didn't really have the option of waiting out until the court process is complete.

Was out in BC, for a while, rumours EK65 is headed to the Canucks???

Rumours are that the Canucks are kicking tires on Karlsson. Not that Karlsson is going to be traded there.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's the problem with stuff like this. When it gets out, people will take sides and cast blame. And it's never a 100-0 split, either.

It really sucks. I have a feeling that as long as the Karlssons are in Ottawa, the whole harassment story will never go away.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I wonder if VAN is just trying to help drive up the price on VGK and/or SJS. They are in the same division, and an unsigned Karl to VAN doesn't make a ton of sense on the surface.

VAN being able to take Ryan could mess up at this point what otherwise would have been a one team market (VGK) for Karl+Ryan.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Find odd Camille (JPG wife ) would text Caryk to not send flowers after the death because she (Caryk) hates Melinda without being pretty much certain of the facts

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Find odd Camille (JPG wife ) would text Caryk to not send flowers after the death because she (Caryk) hates Melinda without being pretty much certain of the facts

Even still people can put aside petty beef when tragedy strikes. It all sounds like so much teenaged drama, but with young adults instead.

These guys sure know how to pick 'em.... ;)

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Two sides to every story.

Hoffman and his GF have more control over the media narrative at the moment because the Karlssons aren't going to comment after initiating court proceedings.

This is the approach that fans should take.

Not envious of management, they didn't really have the option of waiting out until the court process is complete.

Rumours are that the Canucks are kicking tires on Karlsson. Not that Karlsson is going to be traded there.

Oh for sure, it's just interesting to consider the implications of the other side of things that is coming out now.

I'm not sure I buy that narrative, I suspect that the Karlsson's have not said any more because there is nothing more to be said. They didn't come out and break the story, but it's been broken now and whether there is enough evidence or not is moot really. I personally don't expect them to ever have enough, or perhaps any, evidence to prove who sent the messages, let alone enough to sustain blaming Caryk.

For the Karlsson's a complete lack of evidence would likely lead to them being fine letting the issue go, especially given that Hoffman has been traded, but for Caryk and Hoffman they were already found guilty on social media so they have a very real vested interest in pursuing this until it is publicly shown that there is no evidence of her guilt. This is why they are speaking out now and why the Karlsson's are not. My opinion of course.

I doubt that Caryk and Hoffman would be pushing this hard if there was going to be any evidence proving their guilt but I guess we'll see.

Reactions: Cosmix

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That's the problem with stuff like this. When it gets out, people will take sides and cast blame. And it's never a 100-0 split, either.

It really sucks. I have a feeling that as long as the Karlssons are in Ottawa, the whole harassment story will never go away.

When the story first broke It seemed pretty 98-2 in terms of anyone wanting to wait to condemn Hoffman's GF in this deal. I have no idea what happened or who did what but .. If they were wrongly accused .. they have every right to defend themselves vigorously. Is there any evidence against them is a valid question

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

this came up on my youtube recommendations. gahhhh its gonna be a long time we have a player as good as karlsson again. if ever.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Any chance at all the Karlsson's had all those posts planted just so they could ship Hoffman and his gf out? Maybe one of the Karlsson's didn't like one (or both) from Hoffman's camp and they're smart enough to realize the fans and media would side with them (as evidenced by Twitter, Ottawa media and even hf boards). Anyone who knows Mel would also know she likes unnecessary drama.

Just find it odd that there's so much lack of evidence against Hoffman. Maybe the court is withholding it all while they finish investigating?

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Any chance at all the Karlsson's had all those posts planted just so they could ship Hoffman and his gf out? Maybe one of the Karlsson's didn't like one (or both) from Hoffman's camp and they're smart enough to realize the fans and media would side with them (as evidenced by Twitter, Ottawa media and even hf boards). Anyone who knows Mel would also know she likes unnecessary drama.

Just find it odd that there's so much lack of evidence against Hoffman. Maybe the court is withholding it all while they finish investigating?
Not even in a terrible Netflix movie aimed at prepubescent teenage girls would that plot work. EK trolling himself about the death of his son because he wants the team to trade a player? What on Earth are you talking about? Seriously. His wife went to court and signed a sworn affidavit. While grieving. To be catty?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Not even in a terrible Netflix movie aimed at prepubescent teenage girls would that plot work. EK trolling himself about the death of his son because he wants the team to trade a player? What on Earth are you talking about? Seriously. His wife went to court and signed a sworn affidavit. While grieving. To be catty?

As per the article, it seems like she went to the court to sign a sworn affidavit without any evidence and refuses to see the evidence being supplied by the Hoffmans. That sounds just as stupid to me, why do you think they would do either of those two things and do you agree with them?

IIRC the court denied Mel her peace bond which I think should make her more open to seeing the Hoffmans' evidence and giving them a chance to clear their name.

Or do you think the court has evidence and is simply withholding it? They might still be investigating for all we know. In a lot of cases, the evidence is there but not not publicly made available until charges are laid.

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On

And given Karlsson's position and stature on the team he could have just said "Trade him or me" and Hoffman would have been gone

Reactions: Sensung

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Have you ever seen one woman try to freeze another out of a social circle? It gets like that...people can’t sort out who was angry at whom, and just support the division to maintain peace.

Reactions: Clayonator

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Wait .. what happened... Camille texted Caryk to not send flowers because Caryk hated Melinda .. why would someone text you not to send flowers to someone you hated? Anyways...

all this BS about the players wives ..
It was horrible what happened to the Karlssons
It was horrible that someone would text the crap about Melinda taking drugs while pregnant ( everyone assumed that to be false). Either way it was a lousy thing to say.
So because of past bickering and what ever else .. the Karlssons believed this was Caryk.
Now this comes back in the dressing room and no doubt fractures it.
We don't know of anyone stepping up to get the crap out of the room .. doesn't sound like that happened.
Hoffman was shipped out of town. Reason: the room was broken. Its too bad Dorion didn't react this quickly with Lee. It sounds to me that this situation will continue to swirl .. and that Caryk will keep it swirling until she can clear her name.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As per the article, it seems like she went to the court to sign a sworn affidavit without any evidence and refuses to see the evidence being supplied by the Hoffmans. That sounds just as stupid to me, why do you think they would do either of those two things and do you agree with them?

IIRC the court denied Mel her peace bond which I think should make her more open to seeing the Hoffmans' evidence and giving them a chance to clear their name.

Or do you think the court has evidence and is simply withholding it? They might still be investigating for all we know. In a lot of cases, the evidence is there but not not publicly made available until charges are laid.

Not seeing the evidence =/= not having any evidence.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Wait .. what happened... Camille texted Caryk to not send flowers because Caryk hated Melinda .. why would someone text you not to send flowers to someone you hated? Anyways...

I find that hard to judge the part without the actual text message. Just like when people judge a tweet without the whole interview

Did Camille told her : " maybe it is not a great idea to send her flower because of your different with Mel Karlsson

Or

" Don't send her flower, you hated her anyway"

In the end, it says to not send flower because they don't like each other, but in a very different way.

I hope that the Karlssons have something that prove Caryk's crime. If not, it won't look good.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Camille texted Caryk to leave Mel alone and not send flowers or anything

Camille would have reasons to do that and certainly knows the implications of it all

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Camille texted Caryk to leave Mel alone and not send flowers or anything

Camille would have reasons to do that and certainly knows the implications of it all

I'm betting the women involved in the wives circle have a little better handle on the situation than a bunch of random internet posters. Their verdict was clear and unequivocal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm betting the women involved in the wives circle have a little better handle on the situation than a bunch of random internet posters. Their verdict was clear and unequivocal.

Yup the mob mentality .. that wouldn't happen
salem.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad