Speculation: KARLSSON Megathread | Part III | MOD Warning Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I believe Dorion blew it when he didn't accept the Vegas offer at the trade deadline. I think that was the best offer we're ever going to get. Vegas would have had Karlsson for two playoff runs and were prepared to pay accordingly. Karlsson is now just a one year rental and his value will continue to diminish the longer Dorion dithers.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
I believe Dorion blew it when he didn't accept the Vegas offer at the trade deadline. I think that was the best offer we're ever going to get. Vegas would have had Karlsson for two playoff runs and were prepared to pay accordingly. Karlsson is now just a one year rental and his value will continue to diminish the longer Dorion dithers.

What dude McPhee offer at the deadline?

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm gonna attend every home game karlsson plays this season if he makes it past the offseason, once he's gone then I'm not rooting for this team until melnyk is gone... chabot, first rounders in return of EK, tkachuk, and even my dream of a downtown arena wont change that. If he gets partners I will literally still wait for the day he is gone.

Reactions: Lana Del Rey

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Ellis just got signed for an 8 year extension in Nashville for $50 million... and NO, Pierre, Eugene, that is NOT a comparable for Karlsson.

Reactions: Senator23

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Karlsson featured prominently in the Senators "3 game pack" ads in today's paper.

Karlsson still being used on the Senators FB page "up coming events" ad for games at the beginning of the season.

Does this mean anything, or nothing?

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Karlsson featured prominently in the Senators "3 game pack" ads in today's paper.

Karlsson still being used on the Senators FB page "up coming events" ad for games at the beginning of the season.

It's something.

Here's another thing. I just bought a Karlsson Sens jersey and paid with a low-interest credit card. I plan to take 2 years to pay it off at a slow trickle. What does that mean?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

It means nothing, EK is the most marketable player on the team, so use him. The fan backlash from the trade deadline and offseason maybe finally made your Uncle Euge realize that keeping EK may actually make him more money than trading him.

Also, who reads the paper anymore??

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It means nothing, EK is the most marketable player on the team, so use him. The fan backlash from the trade deadline and offseason maybe finally made your Uncle Euge realize that keeping EK may actually make him more money than trading him.

Also, who reads the paper anymore??

People who want to read in depth articles, on a number of issues, instead of the watered down versions posted online.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So, um, what the h*ll is Ottawa’s plan here?

I really think that the plan was to trade him and the fan backlash was far far greater than they expected. I really believe that the organization was and probably still is so out of touch with their fanbase that they actually thought that they would be able to pull this off, then pulled a complete 180 once the backlash began. Heck even TSN1200 and Garrioch were out there doing their best to make people believe trading EK was best for this organization. They all failed miserably and now the organization is backtracking and management and the owner is hiding in their bunkers.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
People who want to read in depth articles, on a number of issues, instead of the watered down versions posted online.
This is especially ironic because, in a lot of cases, the articles posted online have more information that the hard-copy paper just can't publish due to a lack of available space.

...but that said, I think this is at least somewhat meaningful. Could be an indication from the organization that they at least expect Karlsson to start the year in a Sens jersey. If we're going to be reading meaning into the org taking down ads with EK, we should be doing the same when the ads start going back into place.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

It means that the organization should have used EK to market for full season ticket packages months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad