Prospect Info: Karl Henriksson, C, 2nd round, 58th overall, 2019

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Henriksson had an assist yesterday on the game winning goal in a 3-1 win over Färjestad
Is he expected to stay with Frolunda for the year, or is he expected to be with the J20 squad? I know the CHL starts this week, so will a decision be made this week, or can they carry larger rosters for that tournament?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is he expected to stay with Frolunda for the year, or is he expected to be with the J20 squad? I know the CHL starts this week, so will a decision be made this week, or can they carry larger rosters for that tournament?

The group stage of the CHL is always more of a practice run for the Swedish and Finnish teams. They tend to give their youngsters a chance in those games.

I expect Henriksson to play in SuperElit with Raymond for the majority of the season

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
In the first game in the WJSS Sweden started half-humiliatingly bad. The coach moved Henriksson to Raymond and Holtz and they became Sweden’s best line. The rest of the Tournament Henriksson played away from Holtz and Raymond, they didn’t have a very good tournament.

Monthen likes the 3 other guys he have at center, I don’t think he has anything against Henriksson, but David Gustafsson, Jacob Olofsson and Oscar Bäck are three 19 y/o top three round centers at 6’2-3 who has a lot of pro experience and will play a lot in the SHL. It’s obvious that Monthen would prefer if Raymond and Holtz could log time with them.

But I am not so sold on if it will work. I think Henriksson has a good shot to walk away with that spot at the WJC, but time will tell. It’s a bit of an uphill battle from the start.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Frolundas lineup in the preseason tournament final:
Joel Mustonen - Joel Lundqvist - Max Friberg
Simon Hjalmarsson – Karl Henriksson – Lucas Raymond
Patrik Carlsson – Jacob Peterson – Sebastian Stålberg
Mats Rosseli Olsen – Johan Sundström – Samuel Fagemo

Good environment. Henriksson assisted on the Tourment clinching 2-1 goal.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Both Henriksson and Edstrom should be in J20, and their teams list them there. Henriksson more due to Frolunda's depth, Edstrom because he's raw.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Both Henriksson and Edstrom should be in J20, and their teams list them there. Henriksson more due to Frolunda's depth, Edstrom because he's raw.

Henriksson - first center call-up in case of injuries at C or just forwards?

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
The group stage of the CHL is always more of a practice run for the Swedish and Finnish teams. They tend to give their youngsters a chance in those games.

I expect Henriksson to play in SuperElit with Raymond for the majority of the season
Raymond has top 2 skills on our team, I expect him to force his way into the men's team at some point during the season. When that happens Henriksson's gonna be the main attraction on the J20 team.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Raymond has top 2 skills on our team, I expect him to force his way into the men's team at some point during the season. When that happens Henriksson's gonna be the main attraction on the J20 team.

Henriksson's trajectory will be determined by his own performance and also the ability to adjust to the new team for the 2 new centers on the team.

Reactions: kovazub94

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Henriksson's trajectory will be determined by his own performance and also the ability to adjust to the new team for the 2 new centers on the team.
Those two new centers aren't really new. Lasu has played 569 games for the team, Sundström has played 256. They know the team since before and doesn't really need to adjust that much, other than they've got new linemates. It's gonna take a lot for Henriksson to outplay them, or Lundqvist or Peterson for that matter.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Those two new centers aren't really new. Lasu has played 569 games for the team, Sundström has played 256. They know the team since before and doesn't really need to adjust that much, other than they've got new linemates. It's gonna take a lot for Henriksson to outplay them, or Lundqvist or Peterson for that matter.

Yes. It is probably a bit easier for Raymond to earn a spot but that is by no means a given. Frölunda has great depth and is probably the most consistent team in Sweden the last few years. Joel is really struggling recently in my opinion though, but he's basically Frölunda's Marc Staal

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Yes. It is probably a bit easier for Raymond to earn a spot but that is by no means a given. Frölunda has great depth and is probably the most consistent team in Sweden the last few years. Joel is really struggling recently in my opinion though, but he's basically Frölunda's Marc Staal
It will be hard for Raymond as well. But I believe he's got too much skill to be kept of the team for long though. Players like Mustonen, Rosseli Olsen and Stålberg are going to have to watch out for him.

And you're really, really wrong about Joel. You've been wrong about him for some time now. He is nowhere near a Marc Staal.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
this dude has classic steal written all over him

loved the pick at the time, love it now. i think he’s about to have a statement season in Sweden.

I thought that about Ronning and Day too but neither did anything after junior. Hopefully this is different

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad