Prospect Info: Karl Henriksson, C, 2nd round, 58th overall, 2019

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
That's the thing about them prospects man—I get older, they stay the same age. Alright, alright, alright.

Well done.
giphy.gif

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
That's the thing about them prospects man—I get older, they stay the same age. Alright, alright, alright.
BTW, copyright infringement. McRanger, Bluenote and I have had this very exchange he the other week. Though you are the only one that thought of putting the visual to it.

Show you where all of our heads are. And, to demonstrate my knowledge of all things useless, a number of years ago there was a fantasy football draft but only for fictional players. The #1 pick? Randal “Pink” Floyd.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Not that I'm saying his style of play compares, but Stepan didn't have high-end skill either, but he had a lot of other abilities that let him be a very good NHL player. If Henriksson can use his smarts, skating and hustle, and be even close to the kind of player Stepan is then it's a great pick. Having a facilitator type player is valuable as well

Reactions: haveandare

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Let's be honest. The second group of support players are the players you need to hit on a few in order to build a Cup winning team in the cap world. If we only hit on our premier picks, then we will never win.

It’s a bit of both but could be said that picks need to meet or exceed their ceilings regardless where they are taken.

Reactions: haveandare

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Is he expected to make Frölunda's big team next year? Or their Junior team again?

Frölunda is the champions and has supposedly only improved their team from last year. They systematically (I think, used to at least) loan players to Allsvenskan teams. I think it would be a good option for Henriksson and Raymond.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Frölunda is the champions and has supposedly only improved their team from last year. They systematically (I think, used to at least) loan players to Allsvenskan teams. I think it would be a good option for Henriksson and Raymond.
Yeah we loan a couple of players to Allsvenskan each year. This year Fjellström and Nässén are playing with Timrå on loans, Söderblom is with Tingsryd. Hasa and Lerebäck (both born -00) have been released and have signed with teams in Allsvenskan. A talent like Raymond won't be loaned to Allsvenskan though, Henriksson probably won't be loaned either. With Fjellström and Nässén out of the picture for this season (because the loans have to be for a full season, not just a game now and then) Raymond and Henriksson are the first call ups to the main squad, Lundin Andersson is probably in the mix as well due to his size. There's no reason to loan them out as well.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Raymond outplay for example Stålberg or Mustonen for a spot on the team rather soon into the season.

Reactions: Rangers743

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I just posted in another thread, he reminds me of Brad Richards a little. If his hockey IQ, vision, and dishing continue to improve and he certainly is a better skater than Richards was, maybe he can carve out a similar career or be one of those dudes who can support a top winger.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
If his first few steps are good like this profile suggests, he probably has some decent fast twitch muscle... so if he improves his stride he could actually be above average speed wise at the very least

He is a very efficient skater, you often see him win foot races and play with a lot of speed. His biggest strength is his core strength, can really turn efficiently and keep speed under his skates. He has that really low center of gravity. But it seems like he loses his technique a bit when he gets a little tired, that is why I commented on his conditioning in my profile of him (he later turned out to have excellent VO2 values).

I think he should have good potential to become a very good skater in the NHL. And I also think that he has potential to take a big step in near time.

It’s hard to find footage of him skating:

Last edited:

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
He is a very efficient skater, you often see him win foot races and play with a lot of speed. His biggest strength is his core strength, can really turn efficiently and keep speed under his skates. He has that really low center of gravity. But it seems like he loses his technique a bit when he gets a little tired, that is why I commented on his conditioning in my profile of him (he later turned out to have excellent VO2 values).

I think he should have good potential to become a very good skater in the NHL. And I also think that he has potential to take a big step in near time.

It’s hard to find footage of him skating:

Gorgeous play. I assume he was the kid with the primary, behind-the-back assist?

Reactions: Ola

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
Because the discussions are awful and filled with unsophisticated "fans". The rest of the content can be found elsewhere and done better.

What other sites do you visit? My bread and butter lately has been HFB, SBS and NY Post.

I used to read another two but one shut down like 2 years ago and the one I really loved kinda disappeared. The rat? Rodent? or something like that. He was amazing with statistics. Even saw him mentioned on TV once.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
What other sites do you visit? My bread and butter lately has been HFB, SBS and NY Post.

I used to read another two but one shut down like 2 years ago and the one I really loved kinda disappeared. The rat? Rodent? or something like that. He was amazing with statistics. Even saw him mentioned on TV once.

I remember rodent, I think it was he who would give a report card after every game that I couldn't wait to read.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad