Player Discussion Karl Alzner: He Left and They Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Habs can't absorb 4.6 million caphit for 4 more years. With no benefit. There is no work stoppage coming

possibly, but there is also no need to buy him this year or next as we have and will have ample room. in year 3 the buyout period will be cut in half. so again there is no chance he gets bought out now.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
possibly, but there is also no need to buy him this year or next as we have and will have ample room. in year 3 the buyout period will be cut in half. so again there is no chance he gets bought out now.
Can add a million to caproom if sent him down plus add a player to roster

WG

Sep 9, 2008
We offered this scrub 5 years but some were affraid to offer Alexander Radulov the same term? :shakehead

It absolutely makes me sick to think that there’s only a difference of 1,6 M between Alzner and Radulov’s contract.
Just everybody's friendly reminder that noted talent evaluator Bergevin just this month tripled down on his defense of signing Alzner and letting Radu walk, by foreshadowing that Dallas might end up regretting having Radu at 6.25M in three years time.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
Can add a million to caproom if sent him down plus add a player to roster
You'd still have to add a guy to the roster, so if the team sent Alzner down and brought, say, Lernout up, you'd get 1.025M in cap relief to send Alzner down but you'd add $650K to put Lernout on the roster.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
You'd still have to add a guy to the roster, so if the team sent Alzner down and brought, say, Lernout up, you'd get 1.025M in cap relief to send Alzner down but you'd add $650K to put Lernout on the roster.
Doesn't have to be another dud like Lernout. Could be a prospect who can actually add somethingtothe team

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
hopefully he's going to be on waivers next week, or at least in the stands for good.

I'm really hoping now.

Healthy d:

Mete-Weber
Benn-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen
Schlemko, Ouellet as reserves.

I sure hope Juulsen doesn't get sent down to keep Alzner on the team.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
anyone knows record with him in lineup and without

Montreal record as of November 10, 2018-2019 season.

8-5-3

With Alzner: 2-1-2
Without: 6-4-1

Alzner’s first game this season was on October 17. We were 3-1-1 at that point.

We won the game he started, so we were 4-1-1. He played the next game, and lost in OT so 4-1-2. He sat, so we split the next two: 5-2-2.

He returned and we won, 6-2-2. We lost in the next game, where he dressed, so 6-3-2.

We split the next 4, so 8-5-2. He returned and we lost in OT, 8-5-3.

So, we had a great start but since then, with or without him, we’re playing roughly 500 hockey. If you remove the 3-1-1 start, like I said, we are 2-1-2 with Alzner since that start. Without Alzner since that hot start, we are 3 and 3. I suppose if you want to be nitpicking, we can say we won more than we lost with Alzner but loser points are loser points so I view his starts as 500 hockey also.

Poetic then as I write this in that the score in the Vegas game is now 3-3.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I'm really hoping now.

Healthy d:

Mete-Weber
Benn-Petry
Reilly-Juulsen
Schlemko, Ouellet as reserves.

I sure hope Juulsen doesn't get sent down to keep Alzner on the team.
i'd go with:
Reilly-Weber
Mete Petry
Benn Julsen
Shlekmko Ouellet, no problem with a rotation of Benn-Schlemko-Ouellet. But Benn should be playing 15 min max. It's better for the team and for his level of play too.

Reactions: LaP

tazsub3

May 30, 2016

8-5-3

We won the game he started, so we were 4-1-1. He played the next game, and lost in OT so 4-1-2. He sat, so we split the next two: 5-2-2.

He returned and we won, 6-2-2. We lost in the next game, where he dressed, so 6-3-2.

So, we had a great start but since then, with or without him, we’re playing roughly 500 hockey. If you remove the 3-1-1 start, like I said, we are 2-1-2 with Alzner since that start. Without Alzner since that hot start, we are 3 and 3. I suppose if you want to be nitpicking, we can say we won more than we lost with Alzner but loser points are loser points so I view his starts as 500 hockey also.

much apreciated

Reactions: sandviper

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
So another win with Alzner. Just saying.

Better asset management is to send those players down to Laval that can still pass through waivers while they can. Oullett, Mete and Juulson can go back and forth without any loss. That would be my GM move.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015

Better asset management is to send those players down to Laval that can still pass through waivers while they can. Oullett, Mete and Juulson can go back and forth without any loss. That would be my GM move.

So you think there's a chance a team picks him up if he goes on waivers? And that could be a bad thing? I'd play the youngsters and on the 1% chance that we lose him on waivers, that would be good for the cap space in 3-4 years.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

8-5-3

Where’s your rotation on the GDT’s?

Reactions: sandviper

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

So another win despite Alzner would be more correct. He sucked big time tonight.

Unless you want to tank the good GM move is to waive Alzner and send him down. He's not a NHL player anymore and if you think his mistake wont hurt this team later you're just fooling yourself.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
So you think there's a chance a team picks him up if he goes on waivers? And that could be a bad thing? I'd play the youngsters and on the 1% chance that we lose him on waivers, that would be good for the cap space in 3-4 years.

There's absolutely no chance anyone claim him. None whatsoever unless a GM and his pro scout team did not watch much of our games in the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad