Player Discussion Karl Alzner: He Left and They Won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
I never thought I would "like" certain posting from users but it brings laughter just reading some of the stuff certain posters would say to pump up Alzner. Kudos to CW and others just debating in good faith just pretty hilarious all around situation.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What is the logo supposed to be?

Looks like anal beads to me. Not that I know anything about them.
Does the logo have anything to do with this?
EasyJarOpenerBlack_x.jpg

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I wish our pro scouts would actually just do their job and watch hockey games
This post applies to so many here that label so many of us as Bergevin haters, do they even watch the games? They call themselves fans but I am willing to bet money that none of them have ever sat through watching this team like so many of us non-fans have. Most pro Bergevin habs fans do not watch the games, I have been here for almost every GDT for the last 10 years and I rarely if ever have seen any of the "defenders" here to actually comment on anything going on when it comes to in game action.

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
I wish our pro scouts would actually just do their job and watch hockey games

Your point of view will not be well tolerated around these here parts, you better change your tune or you’ll be ri out of this thread! You don't know more than people with years of experience of working in the NHL /s

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Last edited:
Reactions: TakinMaattaOnMyRide

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

Those threads man..

Whether Alzner plays alongside Weber or Petry, expect their +/- to improve, Carey Price having a Big Three in front of him, should ease his load. Alzner's shot blocking prowess will become abundantly apparent, when witnessed by Habs fans that appreciate the finer aspects of the game!!!

We see it the same. I think we are going to be a very difficult team to score against and this is our best strategy. We have some solid guys on the back end for sure and we will not be overpowered no longer!
yeah Petry just had his worst +/- in his career
Alzner, big 3? :biglaugh:

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
This post applies to so many here that label so many of us as Bergevin haters, do they even watch the games? They call themselves fans but I am willing to bet money that none of them have ever sat through watching this team like so many of us non-fans have. Most pro Bergevin habs fans do not watch the games, I have been here for almost every GDT for the last 10 years and I rarely if ever have seen any of the "defenders" here to actually comment on anything going on when it comes to in game action.
Thumb suckers, the lot of them.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

I didn't watch the games, I only read the GDTs

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
In the Leaf/Capitals series, I kept an eye on Alzner knowing he was going to be a UFA, and maybe a veteran, stout Dman would be what the Leafs or any team needed. I was unimpressed by his play. He couldn't seem to turn well and speed burned him.
And that was in a playoff series, which is intense but the players have a least one day of rest between games. Unless he was injured I came away the impression he was on downward spiral. Physically he wasn't going to keep up with the fast paced NHL in the future was my opinion back in April 2017.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
In the Leaf/Capitals series, I kept an eye on Alzner knowing he was going to be a UFA, and maybe a veteran, stout Dman would be what the Leafs or any team needed. I was unimpressed by his play. He couldn't seem to turn well and speed burned him.
And that was in a playoff series, which is intense but the players have a least one day of rest between games. Unless he was injured I came away the impression he was on downward spiral. Physically he wasn't going to keep up with the fast paced NHL in the future was my opinion back in April 2017.
His lack of speed puts him out of position so many times, he was literally on top of Price more times last season than every other D man combined, he literally looked like a pylon. The NHL game is too much for him but he got a fat contract, yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad