Cut/Released: Kareem Hunt

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What surprises me is that TMZ released the video right here right now as opposed to when this situation happened in February.

8 months in between when it happened and this today?

For perspective, that's a longer gap compared to Ray Rice and the initial story coming out (February 2014) and the video of what ultimately happened (September 2014)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I still don't get the Hunt/Patriots connection to this? Did Hunt used to play for New England?

I'm amazed on how swift this was. Well done to KC.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
He just threw away a promising career (not to mention the woman he had a physical altercation with... she's probably scarred for life). How sad.

Over a kick? She did shove him, she held her own til whatever happened. I didnt watch it online, I saw it on TV but there appeared to be no audio and it appeared to crop out a lot of the altercation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hunt lied to the team about it apparently. That was probably the nail in the coffin

Hill was worse but he never tried to cover it up

The fact he lied about it is what's going to end his career, assuming that is what happens.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
They have to be at home and in a top 2 seed. They don't have the weapons to win from Wildcard weekend.

Plus, their playoff history on the road is sketchy even with Brady) (1 non-Pittsburgh win away from Foxboro- San Diego, Jan. 2007)

They are invincible at home, but vincible on the road.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
What surprises me is that TMZ released the video right here right now as opposed to when this situation happened in February.

8 months in between when it happened and this today?

For perspective, that's a longer gap compared to Ray Rice and the initial story coming out (February 2014) and the video of what ultimately happened (September 2014)

Gossip site, most of their content isn't even accurate, someone tands to have a nice payday or gain from this.

Although we are starting to hit a point where everytime someone seems to break out now they face scrutiny, see a guy like Brewers reliever Josh hader who was the most unhittable reliever this year. Then you had Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield facing some scrutiny.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't see this ending his career

AP is playing on Sunday , As noted Hill and Mixon are playing in NFL for past acts , etc

He will get a chance if he owns this and show honest remorse. He will serve suspension and then sign a 1 yr deal somewhere to re-establish his career

Rice video was brutal and he was player already on decline at time. That is reason he never given another look by NFL teams

Not to mention the way Rice and his fiancée handled things only made story even bigger. Remember that ackward interview in which she kept taking blame and apologizing for him beating her with him just basically nodding in agreement. It was a terrible look

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
There is some legit worry considering how some fans are reacting

On CP before it crashed some Chief fans were wishing death on Hunt (Owner) and Goodell. Normally its just nonsense but we all know that there are those legit deranged fans who may take the "Goodell conspiracy against Chiefs" crap seriously and it can be concerning. Not to mention when her identity comes out people will go after every aspect of her life and past to attack her because of what they perceive she has "Done" to there Chiefs season

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't see this ending his career

AP is playing on Sunday , As noted Hill and Mixon are playing in NFL for past acts , etc

He will get a chance if he owns this and show honest remorse. He will serve suspension and then sign a 1 yr deal somewhere to re-establish his career

Rice video was brutal and he was player already on decline at time. That is reason he never given another look by NFL teams

Not to mention the way Rice and his fiancée handled things only made story even bigger. Remember that ackward interview in which she kept taking blame and apologizing for him beating her with him just basically nodding in agreement. It was a terrible look

Mixon didn't lie. In fact, he pled guilty in court.

The video is the video, but Hunt got cut because he got caught lying about it.

Reactions: m9

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I would be if I were a woman and it got this much attention.

I would agree if this were someone like Monica Lewinsky who got involved in something she never intended to. I'm not saying this girl intended to get in this situation for the record but she's not known, unless her name gets leaked we have a video of some random girl. You have her shoving a guy and then a guy kicking her. We don't know her name and don't get the best look of her face. She may not have had anything to do with the leak. She may not be charging him although for kicking i'm not sure they'd do anything anyway. The only attention she will get if thi doesn'y go public is amongst her friends and family. She will be able to leave her house, she will be able to have opportunities in life. Her life is not over by any stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad