Cut/Released: Kareem Hunt

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Eh, for the Steelers (like any team) it just depends how good you are. James Harrison was charged with domestic violence and since he was in his prime, the team didn't care. Cedrick Wilson does the same thing around the same time, and since he's a special teamer he's cut immediately. That's how life works.

It's also how the Chiefs would have handled it if it was a different player. Easy to waive an RB on a rookie deal, different to do it if it's a legit star (like Mahomes) or someone who kills your cap if you release them (like say, Sammy Watkins). Every situation is different.

Hunt's talent is also vastly overrated - no surprise that Damien Williams has been able to come in and give them 80% or more of what Hunt did for them.

Tyreek Hill is the obvious name that comes to mind as he's had DV issues in the past as well. The details of that are way worse too.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Tyreek Hill is the obvious name that comes to mind as he's had DV issues in the past as well. The details of that are way worse too.

For sure, but that happened before he was a member of the team so it's a bit different. They drafted him knowing his history.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
For sure, but that happened before he was a member of the team so it's a bit different. They drafted him knowing his history.

I know. I just mean, it would be really interesting to see how they would handle it if something happened with him (obviously not hoping we get to find out). He's much much more important on the field but does have the past so I'm sure there were discussions about how he needs to behave and what not.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I know. I just mean, it would be really interesting to see how they would handle it if something happened with him (obviously not hoping we get to find out). He's much much more important on the field but does have the past so I'm sure there were discussions about how he needs to behave and what not.

For sure. The "lying to the team about what happened" is what usually kills these players. If Hunt had told the team he made a mistake and said what actually happened (instead of lying about it) they may given him a longer leash.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
No chance. They were pissed he lied to them, thats why they instantly released him. That bridge was burned.

Yeah I know. Just sucks cause he fits the team so well and is so dynamic. But when you draw a line in the sand you have to stand by it (even though they drafted Hill after what he did in college).

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
For sure. The "lying to the team about what happened" is what usually kills these players. If Hunt had told the team he made a mistake and said what actually happened (instead of lying about it) they may given him a longer leash.

Antonio Callaway lied to the Browns, and it was caught on Hard Knocks. They still didn't release him, lol. I guess it's the Browns, but damn; he got caught red handed on HBO.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
DamagedSatisfiedAlabamamapturtle-small.gif

That was a different time. Now the masses can't go anywhere without their phones. I suppose security may have also had footage considering the location but I can't say for sure. When you have enough dough you can pay things to go away. Just because theres no footage doesn't mean it couldn't have occurred.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Antonio Callaway lied to the Browns, and it was caught on Hard Knocks. They still didn't release him, lol. I guess it's the Browns, but damn; he got caught red handed on HBO.

True, though they traded Gordon when he lied about how he got injured. The Callaway one was also the blurred lines of "I didn't lie to you, I just didn't tell you about it".

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Yeah I know. Just sucks cause he fits the team so well and is so dynamic. But when you draw a line in the sand you have to stand by it (even though they drafted Hill after what he did in college).

Hill never lied to them. He was truthful and admitted what he did was wrong.

The only nail in any player's coffin is video evidence. Without it they all keep playing.

I.E Ray Rice

Reactions: Clowe Me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad