Cut/Released: Kareem Hunt

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
There is some legit worry considering how some fans are reacting

On CP before it crashed some Chief fans were wishing death on Hunt (Owner) and Goodell. Normally its just nonsense but we all know that there are those legit deranged fans who may take the "Goodell conspiracy against Chiefs" crap seriously and it can be concerning. Not to mention when her identity comes out people will go after every aspect of her life and past to attack her because of what they perceive she has "Done" to there Chiefs season
We literally just lost a star player in the span of 4 hours, out of the blue

Obviously some posters are going WAY overboard but emotions are high right now

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
TMZ is just one of those dumb gossip sites like Buzzfeed. Most of what they post is fake news and clickbait. The video is obviously real but given the nature of the site it makes me wonder who gave it to them. It was obviously someone who stands to capitalize off of hunt being at the top eight now. I'm not condoning the situation but it's something that was reported 10 months ago so this wasnt breaking news really. Someone will sign him though, this release is an overreaction.

This is an incredibly ignorant take. TMZ is a serious player (despite how sleazy they are) and they have rats literally everywhere you can think of. They have a very intricate and large network.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This is an incredibly ignorant take. TMZ is a serious player (despite how sleazy they are) and they have rats literally everywhere you can think of. They have a very intricate and large network.

Don't they also break a lot of news that turns out to be true most of the time? I don't like how sleezy they are either, but they do seem legitiment like 90%+ of the time.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
TMZ's street cred went up massively after they were the first ones with the news that Michael Jackson had passed away in hospital if memory serves me right.

They're definitely sleazy, but they get the job done and are almost never wrong

Reactions: Voight

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So what's the over/under on how many teams besides the Redskins claim him?

I wouldn't put it past my Jets to do so considering all the clowns they have.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
What surprises me is that TMZ released the video right here right now as opposed to when this situation happened in February.

8 months in between when it happened and this today?

For perspective, that's a longer gap compared to Ray Rice and the initial story coming out (February 2014) and the video of what ultimately happened (September 2014)
They probably just got ahold of the video. TMZ is in the business of breaking news, they wouldnt hold onto the video.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Don't they also break a lot of news that turns out to be true most of the time? I don't like how sleezy they are either, but they do seem legitiment like 90%+ of the time.

They do.

TMZ gets their hands on stuff that mainstream outlets won't touch and authorities won't let go of. They must have massive funding to pay people for the info they get.

Yes, they are trashy and gossipy. But yes, they also break a hell of a lot of huge stories because they don't mind getting a little greasy.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Not gonna lie, as sad as I am about what has happened, I don’t think this gonna effect the offense terribly

It’s more that Hunt was one of my favorites and a beast and this **** happening over the span of 4 hours is a lot harder to take than when it happens over a season long span

Like what the **** man he’s just GONE

Out of the ****ing blue

Stupid ****ing idiot had to not only get physical with a female but also lie about it to his team

God ****ing damn it

I'm putting myself in your shoes and if it was me, I think I'd rather him be gone. Players come and go but a team like the Chiefs is an institution in their city. It's not a huge market like Dallas where there are enough people who will overlook stuff because football, and it's not a place like Tampa where everything is kind of low-profile and it will blow over. The Chiefs strength as an organization is in large part wrapped up with their ties to the city and people. They kinda have to be like ambassadors.

I said "good for the Chiefs" not because it's good for the team on the field. But it does show they're willing to do the right thing even if it screws them over in the short term. I think that is a hell of a lot more honorable than the alternative and will probably build a lot of loyalty.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
What surprises me is that TMZ released the video right here right now as opposed to when this situation happened in February.

8 months in between when it happened and this today?

For perspective, that's a longer gap compared to Ray Rice and the initial story coming out (February 2014) and the video of what ultimately happened (September 2014)

TMZ would never wait on something like this.

I have to assume they got the video in the past week or less. They don’t want to risk being scooped by some other outlet posting it first.

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I'm putting myself in your shoes and if it was me, I think I'd rather him be gone. Players come and go but a team like the Chiefs is an institution in their city. It's not a huge market like Dallas where there are enough people who will overlook stuff because football, and it's not a place like Tampa where everything is kind of low-profile and it will blow over. The Chiefs strength as an organization is in large part wrapped up with their ties to the city and people. They kinda have to be like ambassadors.

I said "good for the Chiefs" not because it's good for the team on the field. But it does show they're willing to do the right thing even if it screws them over in the short term. I think that is a hell of a lot more honorable than the alternative and will probably build a lot of loyalty.

I don’t disagree at all, I understand why they cut him and I would have done the same if I were in Clark’s shoes. I’m mad at Hunt for not only being an idiot, but lying about it. He gave Clark no choice, and I have to say I’m impressed that he cut ties immediately. I’m hoping this will keep the distraction levels fairly low.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Chiefs probably would have been willing to at least try to salvage something with Hunt if he didn't just lie like an idiot about it. They did admittedly take in Tyreek Hill and were willing to look aside his past transgressions, and by all accounts he's alright off the field (for the moment)

Hunt on the other hand straight up pretended it didn't happen, leading the team to get blindsided in the middle of a fantastic season. Realizing the combination of domestic abuse and him clearly not understanding the ramifications of such an act in this day and age, the Chiefs rightly kicked his ass to the curb,

Good on them.

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
TMZ would never wait on something like this.

I have to assume they got the video in the past week or less. They don’t want to risk being scooped by some other outlet posting it first.

There's been a New York Times profile (or New Yorker?) done on their dickless owner where they showed that they definitely hold on unto stuff if they believe they'll benefit from it in one way or another. Especially with celebrities.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
he'll end up on the raiders or jets

i'd say the skins too but they're already getting enough crap for signing foster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad