Proposal: Kapanen + for Braun

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
These Sharks fans seem bitter with our Leafs for some strange reason...
I wonder what that’s about, eh?
Yeah totally Tavares and not the fact that we have to sift through all these Braun to TO for scraps threads where everyone proceeds to discuss how crappy Braun is and how Carrick = Braun when I know for a fact no one stays up late enough to watch the damn player play

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Probably about a bunch of shit proposals from their fans and when we say no it turns into Leafs fans saying that the player isn’t good anyway and then it just turns into a pissing match

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Probably about a bunch of **** proposals from their fans and when we say no it turns into Leafs fans saying that the player isn’t good anyway and then it just turns into a pissing match

I think the thread began with the premise he wasn't good.

Yeah totally Tavares and not the fact that we have to sift through all these Braun to TO for scraps threads where everyone proceeds to discuss how crappy Braun is and how Carrick = Braun when I know for a fact no one stays up late enough to watch the damn player play

Aren't you the gem who several posts up proposed Nylander for Braun? You being ironic with the whole "I know people don't watch him" shtick.

I don't think OP is a Leafs fan anyway, if it's that Jdog poster.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Aren't you the gem who several posts up proposed Nylander for Braun? You being ironic with the whole "I know people don't watch him" shtick.

I don't think OP is a Leafs fan anyway, if it's that Jdog poster.

You thought Braun for Nylander was serious? :help:

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Goldobin is almost a full year older then Kappy. I don't know much about Goldobin and I won't pretend to.
But anyone watching Kappy knows he can play. He's got the speed and skill to. He's just been buried on the depth.

He's got a spot this year so put up or shut up time.

Reactions: RDubya and TAYGB52

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I'm not bitter about the Leafs at all. They're my second team and have been for a long time even before Marleau went there. Seems quite egotistical to assume people are bitter over your team just because they know about their own players and know when people like you are undervaluing them based on ignorance.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Even if the OP isn’t a Leafs fan, we have to put up with the dumbasses that say that Braun=Carrick. Also that premise is wrong.

Dude, what you have to put up with is nothing. The op, who is one of several of this type, starts these threads intending to get Leafs fans trashed on, this is a daily thing. Instead of recognizing it for what it is and calling the OP out (or ignoring the thread), or recognizing the several Leafs fans within the thread agreeing it's a bad proposal for San Jose, you instead focused on the one Leafs fan defending Kapanen, cry, troll Leafs fans like the OP wanted, and imply Sharks fans have a difficult plight because you have to put up with a few post saying Carrick=Braun.

o_O

Reactions: TAYGB52

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
I'm not bitter about the Leafs at all. They're my second team and have been for a long time even before Marleau went there. Seems quite egotistical to assume people are bitter over your team just because they know about their own players and know when people like you are undervaluing them based on ignorance.
First off, it was a joke. Do I have to put a little winky-guy-thing for you to grasp the concept of humour?
Second thing, how the hell did I ever undervalue anyone? EVER?
I came in to defend Sharks fans blasting Kapanen... “based on ignorance”!

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
That's simply not true. He's been developing in the AHL until this season. He got called up for 4th line duty last few years he has yet to start the season with the team.

He turned 22 like 2 months ago. How can you say he's "the player he actually is" when he hasn't even had a chance yet and he's barely 22 years old. Ridiculous.
You need some help with reading comprehension. He said "when does it?" So answer the question. If Kapanen scores under 30 points in the NHL this year, is that enough to say it doesn't look like he is going to pan out?

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
You need some help with reading comprehension. He said "when does it?" So answer the question. If Kapanen scores under 30 points in the NHL this year, is that enough to say it doesn't look like he is going to pan out?
No!
Not if he’s stuck on a fourth line on a deep team! What’s wrong with you?
Some guys explode on to the scene...
Some guys work their way up slow and steady. I don’t have a functioning crystal ball like some of you guys around here so I don’t know what Kappy will become. I know he’s not even close to a finished product yet. Also, try watching the guy play instead of reading his stats. It’s a much better way of determining a players worth or value!

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Nobody said Kyle Dubas was a good GM, they just hope he is! Seems like he should have gotten more than nothing for Carrick who seems decent enough.
Can't say I agree. If he let other GMs know he was available, that was the best offer he got, IE, what his value is across the league.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Defending Kapanen and his non-production is a tradition among Leafs fans. He's basically Danny O'Regan in terms of production but somehow he's worth a top 4 D.

If directed at me, I am not a Leaf fan, far far from it.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Nobody said Kyle Dubas was a good GM, they just hope he is! Seems like he should have gotten more than nothing for Carrick who seems decent enough.
I feel it was more of Dubas knew if he was putting Carrick on Waivers he wouldnt make it through. So he just took the first offer for Carrick. A 7th rounder is still better than loosing him for nothing which is what was going to happen

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
No!
Not if he’s stuck on a fourth line on a deep team! What’s wrong with you?
Some guys explode on to the scene...
Some guys work their way up slow and steady. I don’t have a functioning crystal ball like some of you guys around here so I don’t know what Kappy will become. I know he’s not even close to a finished product yet. Also, try watching the guy play instead of reading his stats. It’s a much better way of determining a players worth or value!
I don't need to watch an offensive minded player that only scores 9 points in 38 games. Matt Martin played more and scored at the same rate. Kapanen is going to play 70+ games in the NHL this year and score like 22 points and Leafs fans are still going to be offering him as the main piece in trades next year.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
I don't need to watch an offensive minded player that only scores 9 points in 38 games. Matt Martin played more and scored at the same rate. Kapanen is going to play 70+ games in the NHL this year and score like 22 points and Leafs fans are still going to be offering him as the main piece in trades next year.
So you won’t watch a player in order to judge a hockey player?
That’s about what I expected.
And Kapanen is a very well rounded guy, not simply an offensive minded player. You’d know this had you ever watch him, you know, play hockey.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
So you won’t watch a player in order to judge a hockey player?
That’s about what I expected.
And Kapanen is a very well rounded guy, not simply an offensive minded player. You’d know this had you ever watch him, you know, play hockey.
Canadian teams are barely ever on TV down here in the states. And if I am watching a Leafs game I am not going to torture myself by focusing on the play of Kasperi Kapanen. Especially because he isn't going to be on the ice that much.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well now that Carrick is out of the equation.......this deal isn't so horrible.

How about........Kapanen + a 3rd for Braun?

Braun is 31 but I'd do it. He'd really help the Leafs D-corps and can play for another 4-5 years easily.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
Well now that Carrick is out of the equation.......this deal isn't so horrible.

How about........Kapanen + a 3rd for Braun?

Braun is 31 but I'd do it. He'd really help the Leafs D-corps and can play for another 4-5 years easily.

Let me start by saying AGAIN, I like Braun and I do believe he COULD be a big help to us but...
what if Braun is no better than Hainsey? What if Vlasic has been carrying him. What if we give up one of our best prospects, not to mention a pick in a deep draft for another mediocre 30+ D-man? Haven’t we been here before? Don’t you remember what it was like? Let’s try the patient approach and at least watch this group play together before we start shipping our assets off for short term help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad