Proposal: Kapanen + for Braun

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
I'd rather roll Zaitsev + Ozhiganov and see how they fare before trading Kap right now..both have looked great so far this preseason. Babcock has been pumping Oz all training camp and he does have potential particularly because he brings a lot of what we need on our team. Hainsey has looked like a trainwreck though, so there's an argument Braun can still replace him. If that's the case, we can explore that when Braun is a UFA or closer to the TDL.

Also, the dynamic he can provide on the PK can't be replicated by anyone on the team.

NotNotALeafsFan

Oct 11, 2013
Toronto
LOL. Yes I do know what it means.

He's a garbage AHL player who makes 1.3 million a year. Toronto would have to add a 2nd round pick to Carrick, to get a 3rd rounder back.

He's crap.
Not a fan of Carrick but... A second round pick to get rid of 1.3 million for a year? Why would any team do that? :huh:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Leafs probably wouldn't get Braun right now because they don't have a top six player expendable nor will they want to trade a 1st round pick which is probably what it would take to pry Braun out of San Jose right now. At the draft, he'll probably be cheaper but not now.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Braun could land Carrick one on one, and if so, no more than that! He is just an average defencemen, nothing special, while Kapanen is still a decent prospect.

Just start watching hockey??? Carrick is waiver fodder while Braun is an NHL top 4 defenseman. Braun>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carrick.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
No god damn way we would ever give up Kapanen for Braun!
I like Braun and I think he could help us out but the lack of respect Kappy gets on these boards is getting silly!

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
Also, Carrick isn’t yet a negative value player like some here have claimed. He’s not a particularly valuable player either but definitely not a negative.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I would assume the Sharks will be quite content keeping that defense intact.
I know i would be.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
My bad. He must be completely useless then. At the ripe age of 22
and with all his 55 games of experience. Thanks for setting me straight.
Wow

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
My bad. He must be completely useless then. At the ripe age of 22
and with all his 55 games of experience. Thanks for setting me straight.
Wow

I never said Kapanen is useless. I just implied that he doesn't exactly deserve much "respect" on these boards yet, as he hasn't done anything to earn it. I'm a Leaf fan but Jesus.....some Leaf fans overrate their mediocre guys so badly.

Still, no need to get hysterical. :)

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
I never said Kapanen is useless. I just implied that he doesn't exactly deserve much "respect" on these boards yet, as he hasn't done anything to earn it. I'm a Leaf fan but Jesus.....some Leaf fans overrate their mediocre guys so badly.

Still, no need to get hysterical. :)

a former first rounder, wjc winner, first line ahler and 22 years old and that's mediocre?
wow

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
a former first rounder, wjc winner, first line ahler and 22 years old and that's mediocre?
wow

LMAO.

10 points in 55 games. So far..........YES, very mediocre.

Tell you what...........If he suddenly becomes a great player and actually does something of merit, I'll hop on board your hype wagon, okay?

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
But seriously, I don’t get the hate for this kid on here. He is a very highly regarded prospect in the hockey world and has done everything he has needed to do at every other level
to justify his draft position. All he needs is time and opportunity. If he fails...he fails. But the way he’s talked about around here, well...
You’d think he was Josh Leivo!

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
But seriously, I don’t get the hate for this kid on here. He is a very highly regarded prospect in the hockey world and has done everything he has needed to do at every other level
to justify his draft position. All he needs is time and opportunity. If he fails...he fails. But the way he’s talked about around here, well...
You’d think he was Josh Leivo!

NO ONE has said they "hate" Kapanen at all. We're just not "rah rah rah-ing" along with you for a young player who simply has done nothing yet to warrant it. He doesn't suck. But he's also not that great. Pretty much every team in the league already has young players exactly like Kapanen. He's a late 1st round pick. He's mostly been invisible at the NHL level. And he's young.

Can he become something special? Maybe. But has he shown it yet? NOPE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: minisharkpanther

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
Is it me or have these Braun to Tornoto offers been getting progressively worse

Well, I was mostly being sarcastic, but the more I think about it, the more I don't hate that Braun for Marleau (w/ retention to make the cap numbers equal) idea I mentioned. We need a #3C, or a LW that can play with the Joes. Well, Marleau is technically a center, and we KNOW he can play with Thornton and Pavelski, yes? lol. And besides, we'd be getting the BAND back together, man! :laugh:

Reactions: Groo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad