Confirmed with Link: Kapanen and Johnsson officially sign their extensions

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Then I say 99.99%. The 0.01% is if Edmonton offers McDavid or CBJ offers Jones.

Now you're overrating Nylander. You're saying he is the second best player in the world? I would trade Willy if somebody offers us a good top pairing D, for example.

EDIT: You edited your response before I pressed "post reply"

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I was more worried about a Kappy offer sheet than a Marner one. I think Kappy easily could’ve got a 4M sheet.

3.2 is very good

That too for 3 years. I thought any deal for around 3 would be for a year or two max.

Both deals are amazing value.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Now you're overrating Nylander. You're saying he is the second best player in the world? I would trade Willy if somebody offers us a good top pairing D, for example.

EDIT: You edited your response before I pressed "post reply"

Haha my bad.

I'm just essentially saying there's so little reason to move Nylander because a) he's on a great contract thats going to keep looking better, b) his value is without a doubt at it's lowest to most dumbass GM's, and c) he is without a doubt the best player on the team to play with Matthews.

If we're gonna trade him a team needs to overpay like crazy, and I don't see a team doing that.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I was more worried about a Kappy offer sheet than a Marner one. I think Kappy easily could’ve got a 4M sheet.

3.2 is very good
Got it, thanks

I'm not convinced he would have received an offer sheet though.
Guess we'll never know.

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Looks like we have not one but TWO RFAs not willing to extract every last penny from the team and wing to commit term as well because they love playing in Toronto. Wish this line of thinking applied to another player....

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
There was 0% chance JT was coming here according to some too
Noone can say that with certainty

With the UFA and RFA market the way it is, I'd be very surprised if Dubas of all people opted to move a guy with the skillset of Nylander with the caphit of less than 7 mil.

You're right in nothing being set in stone, but that's not where I'd wager money in who gets shipped out

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
With the UFA and RFA market the way it is, I'd be very surprised if Dubas of all people opted to move a guy with the skillset of Nylander with the caphit of less than 7 mil.

You're right in nothing being set in stone, but that's not where I'd wager money in who gets shipped out

It's a good point with the demands coming out now, but something has to give.

Reactions: Menzinger

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It's a good point with the demands coming out now, but something has to give.

Start by trading the guys that aren't as good then start trading the good ones, so Zaitsev and Brown should be the first two cabs off the rank

Then you get to the likes of Kadri or Nylander

Reactions: Menzinger

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
But why would they match a 12 AAV OS? Giving MM the best contract in hockey should get Dubas fired on the spot.

I'm saying they could, not saying they should.

The notion that they don't have cap space to match an OS because of the available cap isn't really true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad