Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Screenshot 2024-02-25 at 9.40.50 PM.png

Bump

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
While we don't know what might have happened if the Wings had not acquired DeBrincat, I think it's safe to say that trade has turned out to be Kubalik (12 points, nearly zero value pending UFA trade bait), Sebrango (lifetime AHLer), Boston's 1st Round pick (probably late 20s) and a 4th Round pick (almost certainly nothing), for DeBrincat AND the Future Consideration that DBC in Detroit might help sign Kane. And possibly keep him in Detroit for the rest of his career. Which, knock on wood, might be until he's 40 the way he looks now. Showtime: Part Deux.

Pretty good trade.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Last 34 games (since Kane did join the team)
- 39 points
- 0.574 pts%

First 24 games (before Kane did join)
- 31 points
- 0.646 pts%

Overall record
- 70 points (at 58 games)
- 0.603 pts%

I've seen some comments, that "oh, the Red Wings are winning ONLY because they were lucky and got Kane"...

But this team was already good without him, and now it's even better. And finally balanced after some growing pains, when adding him. That bad december still shows on statistics after Kane joined. But man, they have been good since the new year.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014

Kane on his time with the Red Wings this season

“It’s been great. I have nothing but positive feelings and emotions being here. I’ve really enjoyed my time here. I think the group has been great. The coaching staff, everyone has just really given me the chance to come in here, fit in and find my game. Really, really happy I picked Detroit.”

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Kaplan probably knows more than she is actually reporting here. She has been very connected to Kane through out the previous offseason and then the season. Had that very extensive interview package with him when he signed. Hence the minor tease.

My guess is the Wings and Kane have a couple of contingencies lined up for how the rest of the season plays out and what kind of contract he will get. I have little doubt on Kane, he will be a Red Wing next year.

Reactions: Ricelund

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Jeff marek is really pushing this “Patrick Kane back to Chicago” narrative today. Seems ridiculous why is he gonna leave Detroit to go back to a team that didn’t want him + are one of the worst teams in the league

Marek is a tool and I haven't listened to his comments today but I think the door would be open in 2 or 3 seasons to finish his career.

If he means this offseason then lol.

But he should have never left

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad