Confirmed with Link: Kane to Detroit

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Only 22 game sample, but some of those defensive stats are unexpected.

Can't say much about those defensive stats, where they are based.

But those power-play numbers are pure bullshit. Kane has 2nd best individual points/60 (after Larkin) on the PP and 2nd best PP on-ice GF/60 (after Perron).

He can't be anything but Top1-2 Red Wings PP forward.

And Red Wings PP is 10th best at NHL. Not anything abysmal anymore.

"11 rating" on the power-play is just WRONG. If Kane is 11, then every other from Red Wings are between 12 to zero.

And 59 as "offensive impact" as the second weakest rating. Yeah right.

For a long time these guys have been seen as advanced stat trolls to create just buzz and hype for their system. More time goes by, I'm more convinced about it.

Defenceman cards are always hard to build, that's fine. But forward things are pretty easy, and they have serious flaws on it. Or are just trolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Electric Eric

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Can't say much about those defensive stats, where they are based.

But those power-play numbers are pure bullshit. Kane has 2nd best individual points/60 (after Larkin) on the PP and 2nd best PP on-ice GF/60 (after Perron).

He can't be anything but Top1-2 Red Wings PP forward.

And Red Wings PP is 10th best at NHL. Not anything abysmal anymore.

"11 rating" on the power-play is just WRONG. If Kane is 11, then every other from Red Wings are between 12 to zero.

And 59 as "offensive impact" as the second weakest rating. Yeah right.

For a long time these guys have been seen as advanced stat trolls to create just buzz and hype for their system. More time goes by, I'm more convinced about it.

Defenceman cards are always hard to build, that's fine. But forward things are pretty easy, and they have serious flaws on it. Or are just trolling.
Where do you got your data from? Both natural stat trick and moneypuck has him on the bottom of the team individual p/60. Only Copp and Compher are lower.

The Card doesn’t include the last 4 games. Kane got a couple on the pp the last few games.

Team is dead last in expected goals for /60. Offensive impact of 59 is pretty good.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Natural Stat Trick - Red Wings Power Play only.

Individual scoring.

1708526645593.png

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Power Play on-ice data:

1708526830468.png

Our most common 8 forwards used.

Kane has second highest GF/60 and highest xGF/60.

He is pretty much the Top guy.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I think Kane re-signs.

Reasons why:
  • First off, he chose the Wings out of many suitors for his comeback.
  • He's been playing great and seems to be having a blast.
  • He's got a familiar friendly face in Debrincat but beyond that I assume it's a really good locker room overall with Larkin as the captain.
  • He wanted to help push Detroit over the hump and with the first playoff berth in nearly a decade looking increasingly likely it looks like he'll accomplish that. And with the strength of Detroit's prospect pool it should get better and better over the next few years.
  • He can play the role of legendary veteran on the team with a bunch of young guns he can mentor.
  • Original 6 team with tons of history he can be a part of.
  • Close to the city he made his home for most of his career as well as his family in NY.

So it's just a really good situation for him overall in Detroit by a lot of metrics.

Does Kane get booed tomorrow?
Honestly I think probably not. He's a legend for them and it wasn't really even his choice to leave, so I don't think there's any acrimony there. Who knows though. If they want to push him even further into Detroit's arms, let them lol.

Last edited:

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Chicago is azzhole central for the Midwest…It’s a fact.
It feels like one of the few Midwest locals where it's residents have managed to create an "east coast, big city attitude." Everywhere else, the locals are incredibly nice. Chicago.... might as well be in Boston or New York.

Reactions: FMichael

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I think Kane re-signs.

Reasons why:
  • First off, he chose the Wings out of many suitors for his comeback.
  • He's been playing great and seems to be having a blast.
  • He's got a familiar friendly face in Debrincat but beyond that I assume it's a really good locker room overall with Larkin as the captain.
  • He wanted to help push Detroit over the hump and with the first playoff berth in nearly a decade looking increasingly likely it looks like he'll accomplish that. And with the strength of Detroit's prospect pool it should get better and better over the next few years.
  • He can play the role of legendary veteran on the team with a bunch of young guns he can mentor. - - Original 6 team with tons of history he can be a part of.
  • Close to the city he made his home for most of his career as well as his family in NY.

So it's just a really good situation for him overall in Detroit by a lot of metrics.

Honestly I think probably not. He's a legend for them and it wasn't really even his choice to leave, so I don't think there's any acrimony there. Who knows though. If they want to push him even further into Detroit's arms, let them lol.

I just see, that Kane will re-sign, because he is enough smart to see the rising team.

And a rising team + CAPSPACE.

If he will join any other contender, his salary is always off from another position, on teams which already were against the cap.

But Red Wings have both things. Rising team + cap space to add him, and not lose anything significant. We have that Vrana 2.6M DEAD WEIGHT coming of the books, which could be given to Kane as a raise. That would make 5.4M (2.75M + 2.62M) for Kane at next season, imo, a pretty fair deal.

Also Yzerman reputation is one thing. Players believe on his plan more than many fans. He has won everywhere.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
It feels like one of the few Midwest locals where it's residents have managed to create an "east coast, big city attitude." Everywhere else, the locals are incredibly nice. Chicago.... might as well be in Boston or New York.
Indeed…As a native ’Cheesehead’ we tend to get along with fellow Midwest folks, but when it comes to Chicago :cf:

Reactions: cvaicunas

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yes. That was a report from yesterday saying they were trying to getting extensions done with Kane and Perron. I thought you were saying that you heard from a source that a deal is imminent
No, lol. Twitter bleacher report and you guys unfortunately are my only sources lol.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Plenty of unpleasant people on this board that aren't from Chicago, bucko.

But look at jaster, the quality of people here is lower than low. :sarcasm:

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Plenty of unpleasant people on this board that aren't from Chicago, bucko.

But look at jaster, the quality of people here is lower than low. :sarcasm:
Not necessarily suggesting good or bad, just remarking on the difference from its surrounding area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad