Confirmed with Link: Kane to Detroit

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I mean, you've heard a lot worse than that from Newsy.
Ah, my old buddy newsy. Ya know, I actually think he was just joking. In those hundreds of posts directed at me.

Over many years.

That mostly got mod'd.

• Haha
Reactions: SoupNazi

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
What are you guys willing to pay Kane to stay for another season or two?

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
RED WINGS ERUPT FOR EIGHT GOALS IN BALANCED-SCORING EFFORT
Lucas Raymond
(1-2—3) and Patrick Kane (0-2—2) were two of seven Red Wings players with multiple points as Detroit scored eight goals in a game for the first time since Nov. 15, 2017. A sixth straight victory, the longest active streak in the League (tied w/ NSH), helped the Red Wings (33-20-6, 72 points) create some separation from the Lightning (32-24-5, 69 points) for the first Wild Card spot and moved the club within two points of the Maple Leafs (33-17-8, 74 points) for third in the Atlantic Division.

* Kane, fresh off creating a viral moment in his return to United Center, extended the League’s second-longest active point streak to nine games (5-9—14 since Feb. 10). The 35-year-old, with the longest point streak by a player in their first season with the club since Hossa (9 GP in 2008-09), also became the oldest player with a stretch of at least nine straight contests since Nicklas Lidstrom in 2010-11 (11 GP).
Kane_Media-28021723.png

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17771

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
KANE SPOTLIGHTED IN #NHLSTATS: LIVE UPDATES
The latest edition of #NHLStats: Live Updates featured notes on all 24 teams in action, including Detroit’s Patrick Kane who extended his point streak to 10 games and became the eighth Red Wings player to post a double-digit stretch in their first season with the club – the last to do so was Dino Ciccarelli (11 GP in 1992-93).
Kane10_Media-01124716.png

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17776

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I think if Kane returns you need to separate him and DBC at even strength. They hurt that line too much defensively. The only way it semi works is with Larkin. On the PP they are still solid but 5 on 5 Kane's inability to engage along the boards and DBC's size kills them after the initial breakout. It's really hard for them to cycle the puck. Younger Kane was fast enough/quick enough to hang onto that puck and cycle.

If the Wings make the playoffs I think Kane returns. If we don't I think its more 50/50. He's shown he can still play and put up PPG numbers. If he is willing to take 4-6 mil he'll get a bunch of teams interested and there are definitely better contenders than the Wings. (I'm not as down as many are right now, but I am realistic in believing that we aren't probably contending until Seider/Ed/ Aug or Cossa are all solidly NHLers.

Reactions: RabidBadger

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Kane brought a lot of fun for fans , unfortunately kids never have chance to play with him, bad management .
Hope Yzerman find the way to keep him

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Kane brought a lot of fun for fans , unfortunately kids never have chance to play with him, bad management .
Hope Yzerman find the way to keep him

1-year bonus-based +35y deal to make the caphit for 800k NHL minimum and slide all bonuses for next year. Extra 5M for bonuses, for playing 10 games etc.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
1-year bonus-based +35y deal to make the caphit for 800k NHL minimum and slide all bonuses for next year. Extra 5M for bonuses, for playing 10 games etc.
Why do you think that's remotely a good idea? That's a "one last kick at the can" scenario, not a "we're still trying to build a team" scenario.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
Oh well if he goes we dont have to keep debrincat around to make him happy lol

Trade him get assets go for like a crouse and sign reinhart . Teams bigger and not bunch of smurfs lol

Crouse larkin raymond
rasmussen Compher reinhart
Soderblom kasper berggren

Reactions: lilidk

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Why do you think that's remotely a good idea? That's a "one last kick at the can" scenario, not a "we're still trying to build a team" scenario.

Because our next season cap is a bit tight, but the year after next year has no pressure for salary raises. And I also expect some cheap regular ELC kids more on season 2025-26 (estimated cap 91.8M) than 2024-25.

So Kane bonuses sliding there, would work in a 2-year plan.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Because our next season cap is a bit tight, but the year after next year has no pressure for salary raises. And I also expect some cheap regular ELC kids more on season 2025-26 than 2024-25.

So Kane bonuses sliding there, would work in a 2-year plan.
But it doesn't matter either way. Having any possibility of dead space is dumb if you don't have to. Pay him a flat $5M. There is more than enough relatively dead weight we can package with a pick to be rid of.

Maybe that's what we need. A cap crunch to force some of these guys out the door...

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Oh well if he goes we dont have to keep debrincat around to make him happy lol

Trade him get assets go for like a crouse and sign reinhart . Teams bigger and not bunch of smurfs lol

Crouse larkin raymond
rasmussen Compher reinhart
Soderblom kasper berggren
I mean who knows what an off season of training could do, but as of right now Soderblom is further from regular NHL time than Burgers, Mazur, and possible Danielson as well. I don't see many scenarios where he is up playing with the Wings next year.

But it doesn't matter either way. Having any possibility of dead space is dumb if you don't have to. Pay him a flat $5M. There is more than enough relatively dead weight we can package with a pick to be rid of.

Maybe that's what we need. A cap crunch to force some of these guys out the door...
I'd say it would be unanimous in here, that a cap crunch forcing moves on the defense, is a dream scenario here.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Think a lot will depend on if they make the playoffs, keep the coaches around, etc.

If they crash land here at the end, new coach, etc, I can see him gone. Lots of teams have money to pay him now and he's proven to be healthy. Only a few teams in contention could pay him, and Red Wings were the team that could pay him the most. On a 1 year prove it deal the last pay-check might have been really important along with who was on our roster.

Now other teams will have money, he'll have a better choice of where to play and get paid. Not likely but he can secure his own legacy(more like add to it) going to a team like the Oilers on a 1-year deal and winning big with McDavid/Draisaitl(Not likley but just an example).

If Wings make the playoffs and even play reasonably well, coaches stay put, He could come back on a 2-3 year contract.

I personally move on... and try to focus on accquiring a center capable of playing on a 1st line, doesn't have to be Larkin but can't be much worst.

Think Yzerman has the goods to get him, but not sure Dallas will move on yet. I'd try and get Wyatt Johnston(22yrs/old) with a trade/extension. Not sure the Stars can afford to pay him long-term; they might be the team to keep eyes on the next two years. I'm low-key rooting for them to win (outside of Redwings) so it's easier to justify letting some players go and rebuild/restructure vs continuing the struggle to win it all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad