Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Huge learning curve for K'Andre, but he is doing a great job! There are going to be some big, glaring bumps in the road, but the kid has all the tools to develop into a very good player.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
If Miller ends up being top pairing level I'd just send him and Fox out for half of the game and figure out the other half.

I’d split them up in this scenario (more and more likely with each day) and have the whole game covered. Who said you need 6 defensemen?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Frankly, Miller’s performance has been so surprising (and somewhat unexpected) it eclipses every thing that has happened so far this year.

No longer if. Now the question is how high.

Go Special K, Go!

Here’s a thing - we knew about all his attributes except we probably didn’t appreciate enough when people talked about his ability to absorb information and immediate incorporate it game-wise. Speaks volumes of him but also Martin and his crew because this whole new performance plateau happened after Miller left Wisconsin.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I know I said it on draft day but ALOT of teams including the Rangers had Schneider as a top 10 guy on the board. You get a guy like that if you believe he is you get as excited as JD looked lol

We’d never know now but had the Rangers stayed at 11, it possibly was 50/50 that Schneider was going to be that pick anyway.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I’m really impressed with him. I thought it would take him much more time to adapt to the NHL, but last few games have been a revelation.

It’s amazing to see who can make the jump.

You have guys like Fox, Lindgren, Miller who very quickly pass the eye test.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I’m really impressed with him. I thought it would take him much more time to adapt to the NHL, but last few games have been a revelation.

It’s amazing to see who can make the jump.

You have guys like Fox, Lindgren, Miller who very quickly pass the eye test.

Lindgren spent a year in Hartford.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Another thing I have noticed about his game is he seems somewhat eager to pinch or join the rush. I've seen him below the dots more than a few times. He has been described more as a shutdown guy, but i'm wondering if he's starting to pull from his prior offensive toolbox from before he made the switch to D.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We’d never know now but had the Rangers stayed at 11, it possibly was 50/50 that Schneider was going to be that pick anyway.

probably would have angered a lot of people but if they had stayed at 11 and everyone else ahead of him in their top 10 was off the board I fully believe they would have taken Schneider at 11

The Sweetness

Jul 15, 2010
Stockholm
Miller’s been really impressive so far. But I don’t think we should get ahead of ourselves calling him a future 1st pairing D. We need to see how he is doing game 30 once the adrenaline has worn off.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
A lesson also to those who don’t appreciate the Rangers moving up to get Schneider this draft.
This.

What I remember most about the Miller pick is that we had good sources that every team between #22 and #26 was ready to pick him. I knew he was a lock for Minnesota. Others knew about Toronto and Anaheim.

Somedays you’re the windshield, other days you’re the bug.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Miller’s been really impressive so far. But I don’t think we should get ahead of ourselves calling him a future 1st pairing D. We need to see how he is doing game 30 once the adrenaline has worn off.

Adrenaline doesn't make you play as well as he has. If you're a 4th liner whose entire responsibility is to bring energy then sure. But not actually paying like a good defenseman.

The New Russian Five

May 27, 2019
Completely different player from what I saw in limited games last year. His positioning has improved leaps and bounds. Very impressed and happy with this one.

When you are physically way more mature than everyone else and can use your natural athletic ability to cover up your positional mistakes it is much easier to lose focus and cheat. I think he knows at the NHL level he can't get away with that, so he's a lot more focused on positional play.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I did not realize he had this type of vision.

What's his weakness? He reminds me of when I was younger, when I played NHL 10. Create a player... 99. 99.. 99. 99. 99. .

I'm honestly more excited right now for him, than Laf and Kakko. I really hope he changes his number.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I know I said it on draft day but ALOT of teams including the Rangers had Schneider as a top 10 guy on the board. You get a guy like that if you believe he is you get as excited as JD looked lol
this is how you win.

A top4 with players like Miller, Robertson, Schneider Trouba etc.. Then sprinkle in Fox types.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad