Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
His game was always going to translate at this level.

Hes got a wingspan that makes it seem like he can cover both ends of the blue line, great feet and the spacial awareness to swallow rushes to stop them in the NZ before they can pick up steam.

It's always been about cleaning up the goofy shit when other teams set up shop in the D zone. So far, there has not been a whole lot of bad there. There is a pretty significant offensive ceiling there too, though I suppose that would really depend on whether or not he gets to play the role of trigger man on the PP somewhere down the line.

The pass he made to Buch before Buch nailed the crossbar was *chefs kiss* that was Panarin/Fox shit.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The reason I figured he'd be able to step into the pro game while still learning is because of things that people are mentioning, like his wing span and work with his stick. You'll see a guy pivot real quick and you think he's going to slip by Miller along the boards but he's able to just reach back with his stick and with his immense strength, just one hand on the stick, can hold up the play or jar the puck loose.

He still has plenty of work to do but the things he does well are very translatable, which is why I've been so optimistic about him. And you're starting to see him more comfortable carrying the puck which is also something he's really good at--controlled exits and entries.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
21 year-old defenseman, defenseman who made to jump to that position after playing F.
Still so raw, and I believe what he have seen is just a small climpse of what this 6’5 monster can evolve into.

he should only improve . I’m still ok w him playing some AHL games

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
I was someone who thought he would be better served to start in the AHL (had that been an option.) So far looks like I was wrong. Kid was a beast last night and has gotten better every game.

I do think we need to pump the brakes a bit though. Sky is the limit but going to be a lot of highs and lows throughout this season as he continues to grow and tries to incorporate a more aggressive style.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->