Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
That was a really hard shot. Laser

He torqued the stick perfectly and rolled his wrist over and got a ton of power on that wrister.

Even in the slow motion replay it was fast. He picked that corner and beat him clean. That was impressive

Good things happen when Miller gets his shot through from the point, its hard, fast and easily deflectable. Needs to do it more.

AIexisLafreniereNYR

Registered Drug User
Jan 25, 2009
New York City
I have a guess.
K’Andre came to the pro club with this great back story tall, good looking North American kid who wanted to succeed so he could support his Mom who sacrificed so much for him. In his first year with the Rangers most posters were giddy with anticipation and understanding, saying he’s a rookie and also it takes longer for defensemen to develop.
At the end of his first year, cracks in his game were obvious. He was lost in the defensive zone and unwilling to take the body either along the boards, behind or in front of the net. His strengths being his reach, smooth skating and ability to carry the puck up ice.
When training camp this year began it was apparent that those afore mentioned flaws had not been addressed and posters began to state that it would probably be best if he started the year in Hartford.
Gord Murphy, Gallant and Chris Drury did not agree and kept him here. As the year progressed his game did not (exception was a two game string in November).
So as the number of posters started to build that wanted him to go to Hartford, they were met with pushback from other posters claiming how great he was and almost in every PGT stating “Miller had a great game tonight “ even when it was obvious he didn’t.
Earlier, just to be clear, there was no hate for Miller. If anything those posters were frustrated with the organization for potentially ruining another young player instead of getting him the help he needed.
Now this has gone on to long and the group that were upset with Miller being allowed to languish on the big club are being met with resistance from the group that believes he is fine and it will work itself out posters. Two of them going so far to claim that anyone who was against Miller was, you know, had “other reasons”.
So I believe the hate and now wanting Miller to be traded people are just pushing back to get the pro Miller groups goat.
For me , I wish they would send him down to work with Steve Smith so he will be ready in times for the playoffs. But since I’m worried that it won’t happen I would not be opposed to him being included in a trade that would address our Center needs. Or packaged along with other assets to obtain a stud LD on a favorable contract rather than him becoming a bust and eventually losing him for peanuts as another teams reclamation project.
Hope that answered your question.
Thats great I read just about zero of that. Miller ain’t getting sent down :laugh:

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I mean I don’t think it’s a question.... he’s absolutely better this year then last year during his rookie season...
We all know about the great size and speed.... he’s taking the body more, ( not as much as I’d like) but as long as he keeps doing it more often, I can’t complain.
He absolutely looks more comfortable out there, and not so much “Deer in Headlights” games as his rookie season.
He’s got Parayako size/speed/tools/ and talent. What he maxes out as? It’s anyone’s best guess....he’ll absolutely continue to get better, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Robertson makes him a tradeable asset over the next 2 years time....
People are seriously sleeping on that kid

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It's just the consistency with him, as it is with so many young players. Some games he looks really comfortable and makes great reads, is active in carrying the puck out of the zone, is decisive in his passing, etc. Other games he chases the play, makes the wrong reads, is indecisive, and so on. The question is always, can the player find consistency? Some guys do and become stars, others don't and bounce around, frustrating every team that takes a gamble on their obvious talent. Some guys don't find that consistency until their mid- or late-20s.

Miller has only played 100 games and is just 22. I think there's every reason to believe he will gain more consistency and continue to improve. It's hardly a guarantee, but I think he's definitely moving in the right direction, and remain very optimistic about his potential.

To the discussion about trading him--he's not so good of a young player that he should be off-limits. But, I wouldn't move him just because we have other guys in the system that we think can be as good or better, and I wouldn't include him in a deal for anything less than a very clear upgrade to the top-six forward group.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
In most videos of KAM the dude looks like he has ice in his veins, like nothing phases him. About a week ago NYR posted a video on their Instagram of Reaves frantically chasing down Kreider at a practice to get his Super Bowl prediction. The next guy he goes to is Key and after Reaves explains why he's panting like a dog in heat, Key just gives a little smirk and chuckle. Cool as a damn penguin in an igloo. Meanwhile I have a massive grin and am audibly laughing at Reaves like a fangirl. Watching KAM pop off after his goal was just *chef's kiss*

Gut feeling says trading him would be a massive blunder.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Sockosensei

May 13, 2007
Japan
Tremendous goal. Love that he's been more aggressive in carrying they puck when the opportunity is there.

Vally breaks down the goal around 2:15

What Vally doesn't mention is that K'Andre added a fake at full stride to freeze the goaltender at the right post for an extra split second before the going into the wrap-around. Sick.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Tremendous goal. Love that he's been more aggressive in carrying they puck when the opportunity is there.

Vally breaks down the goal around 2:15

What Vally doesn't mention is that K'Andre added a fake at full stride to freeze the goaltender at the right post for an extra split second before the going into the wrap-around. Sick.

Even with his enormous reach, K’Andre doesn’t score on that wraparound without the fake to the slot.

ThirdEye

Nov 28, 2006
New York
Probably won't happen in the near term, but I could see Miller getting moved up to play with Fox and Lindgren down with Trouba. Helps spread the size out a little bit

He definitely is giving me some Brent Burns vibes lately. Coincidentally both were picked around the 20th spot in the draft. Burns didn't really have a coming out party until mid-way into his career. Unfortunately for Miller he's not going to see much if any PP time here unless Fox and/or Trouba gets injured

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
Probably won't happen in the near term, but I could see Miller getting moved up to play with Fox and Lindgren down with Trouba. Helps spread the size out a little bit

He definitely is giving me some Brent Burns vibes lately. Coincidentally both were picked around the 20th spot in the draft. Burns didn't really have a coming out party until mid-way into his career. Unfortunately for Miller he's not going to see much if any PP time here unless Fox and/or Trouba gets injured

Was thinking the same thing after that goal.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
The fact that I feel good about Miller on the 2nd pair says enough. He’s going to grow and get better just give him more time

RagFinMet

Jan 5, 2019
In 2 years pair him with Foxy in game 7 SCF 30 minutes!
Disagree
They both need a defensive minded dman to partner with..
Lindgren fox
Miller schneider
Robertson nils
Trouba cap casualty
Jones added in pkg for a center

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
He's a gifted kid who has size and can skate. He is going to have lots of cement head plays as he develops, but he has the chance to be a top 20 D in a couple of years.
Other teams have to be asking about him with every trade offer. Hopefully, the answer is an immediate "unavailable".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad