Prospect Info: K'Andre Miller (D) - Part IV

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
He's going to be ready sooner rather than later, as I've been saying for some time. The kid was born to be a professional hockey player, he didn't want to be in school. Now he's where he wants to be, and he's going to flourish.
He ain't come here to play school.

Reactions: leetch99

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
I think it’s time for a player discussion thread but I don’t usually create threads. Too much pressure.

Without getting too ahead of myself, Miller will not have many weaknesses as he matures. The occasional bad decision-making doesn’t concern me, because that’s typical of rookies of course. So smooth and looks so comfortable out there. He’s a natural, and he understands the nuances and intricacies of the game. I don’t expect amazing and/or consistent play from rookies, but I want to see flashes, and I saw plenty tonight from him.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I think it’s time for a player discussion thread.

Without getting too ahead of myself, as I know there will be ups and downs with him as with most rookies, Miller will not have many weaknesses as he matures. The occasional bad decision-making doesn’t concern me, because again, he’s a rookie. So smooth and looks so comfortable out there. He’s a natural. I don’t expect amazing and consistent play from rookies, but I want to see flashes, and I saw plenty tonight.
I’m curious what your ahead-of-yourself opinion is.

Reactions: Pidto Files

May Rih

Jul 27, 2015
I think it’s time for a player discussion thread.

Without getting too ahead of myself, as I know there will be ups and downs with him as with most rookies, Miller will not have many weaknesses as he matures. The occasional bad decision-making doesn’t concern me, because again, he’s a rookie. So smooth and looks so comfortable out there. He’s a natural. I don’t expect amazing and consistent play from rookies, but I want to see flashes, and I saw plenty tonight.

Exactly. The growing pains will be there, and should be expected throughout the year, but he just needs experience and minutes. The difference in confidence that I saw from Game 1 period 1 to Game 2 period 3 was night and day.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
It’s going to be funny when we go back to this thread after he’s won his 4th Norris and 2nd Smythe.
Looking back, I’m shocked he wasn’t picked like 7th or 8th, right after Hughes. Granted, it was a deep and talented draft class, and converting from forward to D makes you a raw prospect, but he offers a unique playing style in an NHL frame. You usually don’t expect big, fast guys to have the combination of hockey sense, skill, playmaking ability, and legit shutdown ability that Miller has, or at least is very capable of having. It’s almost unfair, and the guys who do have those attributes get drafted way earlier. His potential is honestly sky high.

I’m trying to look for legit weaknesses in his game (apart from the obvious rookie growing pains), but I can’t find any. Has anyone here watched Miller play extensively?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Now that we see his game is he back to being our best D-prospect? Haha
Miller was my favorite D prospect, but I honestly thought that Lundkvist was going to become the best defenseman out of him, Miller, and Schneider, although I still thought Miller had the highest potential. Now, Miller is absolutely our best prospect imo, besides Lafreniere. The jump from the NCAA to the NHL is a tough one, and Miller went above and beyond expectations. Let’s hope he keeps this up.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Looking back, I’m shocked he wasn’t picked like 7th or 8th, right after Hughes. Granted, it was a deep and talented draft class, and converting from forward to D makes you a raw prospect, but he offers a unique playing style in an NHL frame. You usually don’t expect big, fast guys to have the combination of hockey sense, skill, playmaking ability, and legit shutdown ability that Miller has, or at least is very capable of having. It’s almost unfair, and the guys who do have those attributes get drafted way earlier. His potential is honestly sky high.

I’m trying to look for legit weaknesses in his game (apart from the obvious rookie growing pains), but I can’t find any. Has anyone here watched Miller play extensively?

This is a really bad way to look at a draft. There were valid reasons why 20-ish other teams passed on him on draft day. There were question marks that on the day made sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad