News Article: Kaleta hit on Jack Johnson [10 games, upheld on appeal]

HP00

Oct 27, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Well deserved, guy needs to stop playing so recklessly or he can gtfo. He has a lot of skill on the pk and on defense, he needs to focus more on his game and stop head shotting people, throwing head butts and being an all around moron

Clock

May 13, 2006
Shrug. Tough to swallow, but the reality is that he has a reputation that's very actively working against him.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I'd probably be pissed if the team was competitive, but seeing how it might be one of the worst Sabre teams of all time I don't really care about this. Let him sit, it's not like it matters.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
I wouldn't mind 10 if shanny and his cronies didn't pretend that this is a "job well done" and they are getting head hits out of the game. They are barely doing anything beyond putting on a show against fringe players.

Talk to me about them actually taking it "seriously" when they suspend stars like Shea weber for reckless plays.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I wouldn't mind 10 if shanny and his cronies didn't pretend that this is a "job well done" and they are getting head hits out of the game. They are barely doing anything beyond putting on a show against fringe players.

Talk to me about them actually taking it "seriously" when they suspend stars like Shea weber for reckless plays.

Have to agree. This all smacks of dumb show and no substance.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Lame for the actual hit but not surprising. After watching old Peca, Varada and Barnaby clips, I miss when this league was entertaining and played with a nastier edge. Not the boring snoozefest it is most nights these days.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
I've lost any respect for Shanahan. Great player, awful prosecutor/judge. There's nothing consistent in the rulings. Might as well role a dice. I wouldn't be upset about this if it wasn't for Gerbe getting hit from behind and to the head without suspension, Kessel getting three pre-season games for two doublehanded slashings (and a spear to follow up), etcetera. I don't believe this is anything against Buffalo, I think most any team can find this kind of incosistence in Shanabans actions. He's a joke.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Lame for the actual hit but not surprising. After watching old Peca, Varada and Barnaby clips, I miss when this league was entertaining and played with a nastier edge. Not the boring snoozefest it is most nights these days.

I miss that type of hockey too. Our sport has been neutered compared to that.

Afino

The Juice
Dec 2, 2003
Orchard Park, NY

Continued lawyering up of professional sports.

Big hits + fights = head injuries = lawsuits = money

skibum

Jan 23, 2011
I don't see why everyone is so shocked. Kaleta has been disciplined many times over a few seasons. If this hit was a first offense, it would be 1 or 2 games, but it's like his 6th offense. He is widely known to be among the dirtiest players in the NHL. He should know better by now that when you line a guy up from across the rink, you don't have a lot of control over the point of impact when you arrive at full speed.

Anyway, at least he gets a break from the indignity of playing for the 2013-14 Sabres.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad