Proposal: Kadri to Avs for 1st+?

BackhandToedrag

Oct 25, 2016
If I had to guess it would be the Barrie, Kadri part. Not as players, but given Kadri is signed 3 more years at 4.5, and Barrie just the 1 at 5.5 I'd hardly criticize someone for preferring Kadri in those situations.
Ok but a top pair D vs a third line centre on your depth chart I would think the top pair D might hold a little more value

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Who won't be ready for a few years, need to take advantage of the MacKinnon/Landy contracts + Makar/Girard ELC.

This draft is deep with forwards, the question is which forward will be the sleeper .

Kadri I think as decent as he is is better suited as a 3c .

Not sure why Colorado would be willing to sacrifice the 4th overall pick for a 28 year old .

Now if Colorado was acquiring kadri , and either kap or Nylander then I'd say that's a win win deal.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
This draft is deep with forwards, the question is which forward will be the sleeper .

Kadri I think as decent as he is is better suited as a 3c .

Not sure why Colorado would be willing to sacrifice the 4th overall pick for a 28 year old .

Now if Colorado was acquiring kadri , and either kap or Nylander then I'd say that's a win win deal.
Avs 1st, not Ottawa's 1st. Also I'd rather gamble at 4th than trade it for Nylander/Kap + Kadri.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Timmins + Jost?

I'd be very interested in this.

Assuming Dubas would actually be willing to trade Kadri, it gives us a 3C replacement today (although big downgrade rn) with still great potential. Also gives us another top RHD prospect that could impact the NHL team soon - and a Soo Greyhound to please Dubas at that.

EDIT: Oh shit, I didn't realize Timmins was out all year. Wow that's awful.

Last edited:

Americanadian

Sep 11, 2016
Michigan
I'd be very interested in this.

Assuming Dubas would actually be willing to trade Kadri, it gives us a 3C replacement today (although big downgrade rn) with still great potential. Also gives us another top RHD prospect that could impact the NHL team soon - and a Soo Greyhound to please Dubas at that.

EDIT: Oh ****, I didn't realize Timmins was out all year. Wow that's awful.

Lots of risk with Timmins but he was also partnered with Sandin for the 17/18 season.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I'd consider Avs first +Meloche although I think Meloche probably doesn't have enough value and since I really like him I think he'd be wise to keep. Maybe a 3 way trade us tossing an overpayment of futures and T.O. trading them for a Dman??

need a big upgrade om Meloche there. I'm asking Jost/Kaut + the 1st if I'm Dubas.
once Duchene goes there are gonna be 6-7 teams looking for a top 6 C that can get 30g/ 50-60pts if deployed properly

Reactions: teddygmr

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
need a big upgrade om Meloche there. I'm asking Jost/Kaut + the 1st if I'm Dubas.
once Duchene goes there are gonna be 6-7 teams looking for a top 6 C that can get 30g/ 50-60pts if deployed properly
If he costs that much were better off going after a better center or Kevin Hayes.

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
Avs need atleast a stop gap 2c. What would Leafs be willing to do around Kadri? Avs are more than willing to trade their 1st in order to make it happen. Is a plus needed and if so how big?

Btw can we please try to keep this thread cordial? If you disagree on value don't dump on the other teams players/prospects. Explain why you value your piece higher and if the other side disagrees that's completely fair.

Yikes, Avs fans would regret this trade for a long time. Nazem Kadri turns 29 at the start of next season. He's been on the decline the past few seasons (points by year respectively, 61, 55, 44). He's out of his prime IMO, and you're willing to trade the 4th overall pick? I imagine most Avalanche fans scoff at this proposal. MacKinnon is an Av for life imo, he's still got 4 years on his bargain contract, and he's only 23.
Colorado has the most cap space of any team in the league. They can buy whoever they want in July.
That 4th overall pick could be a gem, another Landeskog or Rantanen, maybe. Leafs fans seriously overrate Kadri, thinking they could get back a top 4 d-man in return, but I don't see any team offering that for a 29 yr old declining Nazem Kadri

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Yikes, Avs fans would regret this trade for a long time. Nazem Kadri turns 29 at the start of next season. He's been on the decline the past few seasons (points by year respectively, 61, 55, 44). He's out of his prime IMO, and you're willing to trade the 4th overall pick? I imagine most Avalanche fans scoff at this proposal. MacKinnon is an Av for life imo, he's still got 4 years on his bargain contract, and he's only 23.
Colorado has the most cap space of any team in the league. They can buy whoever they want in July.
That 4th overall pick could be a gem, another Landeskog or Rantanen, maybe. Leafs fans seriously overrate Kadri, thinking they could get back a top 4 d-man in return, but I don't see any team offering that for a 29 yr old declining Nazem Kadri
If you read the post closer I said the Avs first not the Ottawa one.

Reactions: Mac Attack

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
On the decline? Surely your kidding. You realize this season he was relegated to 3c because of Tavares and Matthews? Any other team(most) he’d easily be a 2nd line centre.

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto
It just makes too much sense. Kadri, Connor Brown and a 3rd rounder in 2020 for Tyson Barrie and a 6th rounder. Kadri’s not far removed from back to back seasons of 32 tucks and if used in a top 6 role will get you 25-30

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
If you read the post closer I said the Avs first not the Ottawa one.
Well underlining "their first' isn't the clearest statement. Because 'their' picks are both 4th and 16th, which both belong to Colorado, regardless if they got it from Ottawa. My mistake.
In that case it's a much closer gap, but personally I wouldn't even do the 16th for Kadri. Two high-end defenseman in Harley or Broberg, or high potential forawrds like Kaliyev or Lavoie. Maybe a 25-26 yr old kadri, but a 29 yr old declining Nazem, pass

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Well underlining "their first' isn't the clearest statement. Because 'their' picks are both 4th and 16th, which both belong to Colorado, regardless if they got it from Ottawa. My mistake.
In that case it's a much closer gap, but personally I wouldn't even do the 16th for Kadri. Two high-end defenseman in Harley or Broberg, or high potential forawrds like Kaliyev or Lavoie. Maybe a 25-26 yr old kadri, but a 29 yr old declining Nazem, pass
Agreed. No interest in a 29 yr old Kadri unless its magically a rental acquisition at the deadline and we give up meh picks for it, not 16OA and def not 4OA.

Reactions: milehigh11

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Could maybe have made it clearer but I assumed making clear it was the Avs first rather than Ottawa's made it more obvious.
And for 16# I think we can get a player more valuable but because they need development time I value Kadri higher. We can win a cup in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad