Proposal: Kadri to Avs for 1st+?

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Avs need atleast a stop gap 2c. What would Leafs be willing to do around Kadri? Avs are more than willing to trade their 1st in order to make it happen. Is a plus needed and if so how big?

Btw can we please try to keep this thread cordial? If you disagree on value don't dump on the other teams players/prospects. Explain why you value your piece higher and if the other side disagrees that's completely fair.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
How is the Avs cap space? If I’m them, I’d look long and hard at bringing Duchene back in the off season to Centre that 2nd line.

Hope to draft Byram at 4th but if he is gone take Cozens as a RW for Duchene.

With the 16th pick take Spencer Knight if you get Cozens at 4th or if you had taken Byram at 4th aim for someone like Caufield at 16. Caufields speed plus Duchenes speed would be scary.

Off season of ......
Duchene (top free agent centre)
Byram (best defencemen in the draft)
Caufield (this drafts Debrincat)

Or

Duchene
Cozens (bog skilled centre who can play wing)
knight (best goalie in draft)

Either way, you have a great mix of adding depth or plugging holes for the future

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I'd like Dach or the Russian before Cozens so he's all yours :laugh:

Great. CHI can have hometown boy Turcotte. Dach to Colorado and then LA can have Podkolzin. Detroit gets their pick of Byram or Cozens. :nod:

... I wish. Outta curiosity would COL run AA as their #2C? And what would the payment be?

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
How is the Avs cap space? If I’m them, I’d look long and hard at bringing Duchene back in the off season to Centre that 2nd line.

Hope to draft Byram at 4th but if he is gone take Cozens as a RW for Duchene.

With the 16th pick take Spencer Knight if you get Cozens at 4th or if you had taken Byram at 4th aim for someone like Caufield at 16. Caufields speed plus Duchenes speed would be scary.

Off season of ......
Duchene (top free agent centre)
Byram (best defencemen in the draft)
Caufield (this drafts Debrincat)

Or

Duchene
Cozens (bog skilled centre who can play wing)
knight (best goalie in draft)

Either way, you have a great mix of adding depth or plugging holes for the future

They've got a shit ton of cap space. Wouldn't be surprised if they gunned for EK65. Highly doubt they take back Duchene or Duchene would be interested in going back.

Reactions: avsfan09

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Great. CHI can have hometown boy Turcotte. Dach to Colorado and then LA can have Podkolzin. Detroit gets their pick of Byram or Cozens. :nod:

... I wish. Outta curiosity would COL run AA as their #2C? And what would the payment be?
Didn't even know he plays centre, but I can't see us paying a ton for him, love him but I'd rather get a solid 2 way top 6er.

Also yeah, Duchene's not coming back. Can't see EK either, unless we moved Barrie.

Girard, EJ, Barrie, Zadorov, Makar. Pretty deep.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Wouldn't take Duchene back personally.
The reason for Kadri is a stop gap top six forward that can contribute until our #4 can actually contribute.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
I think Toronto would be trading Kadri for a defenseman if they decide to trade him.
I'd consider Avs first +Meloche although I think Meloche probably doesn't have enough value and since I really like him I think he'd be wise to keep. Maybe a 3 way trade us tossing an overpayment of futures and T.O. trading them for a Dman??

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Why would the Leafs trade a guy on a good contract for a mid-round pick plus smaller parts? He hasn't had a great year but he's still a capable 2nd line, 30 goal center who's decent on D and doesnt play scared. If he gets dealt, it's for a dman of a similar age and contract who can play in the top 4 like Muzzin.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Cozens is a big dude. I can see him being in the league in 2020.

That being said, hands off. If Byram ain't around that's my target lol.
I think Dach/Turcotte/Cozens will atleast in their D1/D2 seasons before being ready to contribute. Hence Kadri as a guy to help our second line and not leave Mack hanging.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Why would the Leafs trade a guy on a good contract for a mid-round pick plus smaller parts? He hasn't had a great year but he's still a capable 2nd line, 30 goal center who's decent on D and doesnt play scared. If he gets dealt, it's for a dman of a similar age and contract who can play in the top 4 like Muzzin.
My best answer would be for assets to use in a three way trade like mentioned above. There's the potential for helping with cap. I also didn't say the next plus would be insignificant. A guy like Kaut potentially could be added. Just curious and appreciate your oppinion ideas. I'm willing to overpay with futures because Mack needs support.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
My best answer would be for assets to use in a three way trade like mentioned above. There's the potential for helping with cap. I also didn't say the next plus would be insignificant. A guy like Kaut potentially could be added. Just curious and appreciate your oppinion ideas. I'm willing to overpay with futures because Mack needs support.

That's an overpayment for Kadri who, regardless of contract and being the type of player needed by the Leafs in the playoffs, will be dealt if they win this series of the Bruins. I think Babcock and Dubas have run out of patience with him.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Toronto would be trading Kadri for a defenseman if they decide to trade him.

Trading a player not trending well is surely going to get you the piece you want on D :help:.

What's the difference between Bozak as a 3C and Kadri as a 3C. Not much. Kadri had a hard time producing Bozak numbers in a 3C role this year.

Teams will be interested in Kadri but I think he will get the Patch treatment. He's not trending well it will be difficult to get the value the Leafs would like in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad