Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Craig Button thinks 4 games, 2 for each incident :laugh: He also said that the head was the principal point of contact on the Granlund hit :shakehead

and Mike Johnston said that Kadri left his skates:laugh:, good hit bad result

For all of you saying the Backstrom hit was incidental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOQXQQ38jFE

I love the leafs, but Kadri's elbow was way more intentional than the Gionta hit, and you guys went nuts about that hit. Homerism is such a stupid part of any fan base. I would assume that being such a knowledgeable fan base that there would be some sort of objectivity with stuff like this. Kadri was reckless and cost us the game last night. I'm starting to think the kid doesn't have much between the ears. His hockey IQ might be through the roof, but in regards to self control and motivation, he seems to be lacking.

And kudos on the "hockey isn't for pansies" comments. Concussions are a very serious issue in all of sports. Lives can be ruined. If any of our players got hit like Granlund we would be screaming bloody murder.

it's awfully crowded down there and Kadri was snaking his way in, Kadri's lead skate makes contact with Backstroms left pad outside the crease just as he's pirouetting toward the net throwing off his balance and sending his body forward into Backstrom. If you've ever been on skates the natural inclination when you're going down is to put your hands out in front of you to keep yourself from face planting. It was a accident pure and simple

the Gionta hit was much different see for yourself, Gionta is skating towards Reimer and has a complete view of him the whole time, he sticks his elbow out at the last moment earholing James

http://youtu.be/ZOQXQQ38jFE

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
He'll get like 2 games for the Backstrom hit which is stupid considering Lucic's hit on Miller was 10 times worse and he never got anything, it was only after that they wanted to "protect the goalies" ********. If they wanted to do that they should of suspended Lucic for 5+ games which is a joke. Doubt he gets anything for Granlund.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8TixdrmlE

I love the leafs, but Kadri's elbow was way more intentional than the Gionta hit, and you guys went nuts about that hit. Homerism is such a stupid part of any fan base. I would assume that being such a knowledgeable fan base that there would be some sort of objectivity with stuff like this. Kadri was reckless and cost us the game last night. I'm starting to think the kid doesn't have much between the ears. His hockey IQ might be through the roof, but in regards to self control and motivation, he seems to be lacking.

And kudos on the "hockey isn't for pansies" comments. Concussions are a very serious issue in all of sports. Lives can be ruined. If any of our players got hit like Granlund we would be screaming bloody murder.

In all honesty I would say nothing about the Granlund hit but be freaking out about the Backstrom hit if I were a Wild fan. Granlund hit was clean, and if he wasn't looking down there would be no contact to the head. The Backstrom hit was dirty because Kadri made no effort to move out of the way, similar to Lucic or Gionta, but it wasn't like the Tootoo hit where he exploded into the goalie. I'd say 2 games personally, but going by past incidents like this one I'd say he might get off Scott free which I wouldn't agree with as a hockey fan but would love as a leaf fan.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
In all honesty I would say nothing about the Granlund hit but be freaking out about the Backstrom hit if I were a Wild fan. Granlund hit was clean, and if he wasn't looking down there would be no contact to the head. The Backstrom hit was dirty because Kadri made no effort to move out of the way, similar to Lucic or Gionta, but it wasn't like the Tootoo hit where he exploded into the goalie. I'd say 2 games personally, but going by past incidents like this one I'd say he might get off Scott free which I wouldn't agree with as a hockey fan but would love as a leaf fan.

I'd be pissed if one of our skilled players got smoked like Granlund did, can understand why they are upset but the hit wasn't at all dirty. Suspect Kadri will get a game for the Backstrom hit and be back for Saturday night.

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691476&navid=nhl:topheads

Looks like he only has a hearing for the Backstrom hit, praying its only 2 games, but wouldnt be surprised if it was more. Why the **** couldnt it be a winger or a D man that did this and not have another centre going out while were already missing 2, talk about **** luck...

Just because he has a hearing doesn't necessarily mean it is guaranteed he will receive a suspension, right? Like I mean it could just be a hearing like a "warning" type of thing .. right .. ??

I hope he doesn't get suspended any games, thank God we play Buffalo next :cry:

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
Just because he has a hearing doesn't necessarily mean it is guaranteed he will receive a suspension, right? Like I mean it could just be a hearing like a "warning" type of thing .. right .. ??

I hope he doesn't get suspended any games, thank God we play Buffalo next :cry:

Nope, it's not an automatic one.

Kadri has a pretty clean record despite how physical and on the edge he plays. I don't know if he ever was suspended in the OHL, had a two game suspension in the AHL and this would be his first in the NHL.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8TixdrmlE

There is no better answer to this than: Assumed Risk.

Every type of injury decreases long-term health.

Every type.

I played sports as a kid, and tore my ACL multiple times. Even after successful surgery, the doc told me I'll be lucky to walk without a cane at 40.

Can somebody call me a Waaaaah-mbulance? Oh wait, I don't need one, because I'm not waaaah-ing about it.

Life's tough, we all get banged up one way or another. People get run over by busses that live otherwise perfectly healthy lives.

If someone wants to play in the NHL, and they get to enjoy the benefits of making tons of money playing a game they love, and all the other perks of being an elite athlete, then that's gotta come part-and-parcel with the assumed risk of potential injury.

If concussions are so dangerous, I can only assume you diligently avoid things that are much, much more dangerous, such as driving in a car, or consuming processed foods.

Get real...

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
If Kadri get any suspension I would be pissed. The hit on Granlund was clean and that hit you see 50 times a game. His elbow is down and he leads with his shoulder, as you transfer your weight to your upper body from the lower the feet come up a hair. It was clean. This game is turning into a ***** sport and Minny leads the league with *****'s.

Morguee

Jan 22, 2010
In an odd way the Granlund hit may help Kadri. The NHL can fine him and tell him he has now had a game misconduct for a hit to the head making him a known offender. If he didn't get the game misconduct they may want to suspend him for a couple just to get it on his permanent record.

IMO the Granlund was a makeup for when the refs should have tossed him after the goalie hit:shakehead

CellarDweller0

Feb 19, 2010
Mississauga
I don't want to sound like a homer because I think Kadri was really careless around Backstrom but I really don't see Kadri following through with that elbow. To me it looks like his arms went out after the contact with Backstrom was completed. Meaning, the elbow/arm was pinched between Backstrom and Kadri during contact and didn't actual come out to meet the goalie and go through him.

Like I said though, careless play and probably should get a game but I don't think there was intent to hurt.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Kadri doesn't have a hearing for the Granlund hit, only for the Backstrom hit. My best guess is he gets 2-4 games for it.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
In an odd way the Granlund hit may help Kadri. The NHL can fine him and tell him he has now had a game misconduct for a hit to the head making him a known offender. If he didn't get the game misconduct they may want to suspend him for a couple just to get it on his permanent record.

IMO the Granlund was a makeup for when the refs should have tossed him after the goalie hit:shakehead

Agreed there. If another player hit our goalie like that we'd all be screaming bloody murder. It was a much worse incident, the Granlund hit smacked of a make-up play because of it.

member 147413

I'd give him two games, but knowing Shanny, he'll get 2 for the goalie hit and 2 for the hit on Granlund which was blown way out of proportion. Granlund is a tiny player looking at the puck in his feet and Kadri hits him with both arms down, but he gets a five because Finnish overrated baby Jesus embellished.

Also ironic no penalty was called for the double boarding on Phaneuf.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I'd give him two games, but knowing Shanny, he'll get 2 for the goalie hit and 2 for the hit on Granlund which was blown way out of proportion. Granlund is a tiny player looking at the puck in his feet and Kadri hits him with both arms down, but he gets a five because Finnish overrated baby Jesus embellished.

Also ironic no penalty was called for the double boarding on Phaneuf.
Theres no hearing for the Granlund hit...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad