Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
So I'm sure everyone is up to speed on happenings of tonight. Assuming Nazem gets suspended, what is our backup plan? Who do we recall? Do you think if Naz is gone for 2 or 3 games, this will make Nonis pull the trigger on any deals he might be kicking the tires on?

I think we should definitely explore the trade avenue if we can manage to get a young top 6 center. If we stay put and don't make any trades, I guess we'd be recalling McKegg to fill in as the #2 C? McClement playing 2C, McKegg 3C?

EDIT:

Toronto Maple Leafs ‏@MapleLeafs 18s

#TMLtalk news: Nazem Kadri has been suspended for 3 games by the #NHL #Leafs

Just Lovely!

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
It will only be 2 games max. Bozak will be back shortly. Now's not the time to pull the trigger on a deal. Maybe McKegg gets a look for 2 games, who knows.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Probably gets a couple games if for no other reason than Backstrom is hurt. Results are often the tipping point.

I don't think this forces Nonis into doing anything. Endure the loss for a couple games and by this time next week or so Bozak will be back and certainly Kadri should as well. Just hope we can squeeze out points in the meantime.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Why don't we wait to see the outcome. Chance he doesn't get suspended.

As of right now, if I'm not completely off, Kadri is suspended upon further ruling. Looking at the past history of Leafs players getting suspended, Kadri doesn't stand a chance. Either way, worst case scenario what do we do?

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
As of right now, if I'm not completely off, Kadri is suspended upon further ruling. Looking at the past history of Leafs players getting suspended, Kadri doesn't stand a chance. Either way, worst case scenario what do we do?

we wait until they return. Don't need to do anything.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Hopefully they just stick it out and worse case scenario we lose a ton of games until we get guys back. Nonis put us up against the cap and under-manned us knowingly so if he makes trade decisions based on injuries and suspensions well that's not great management.

stick it out and see where we are when we get our full team back.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
Why don't we wait to see the outcome. Chance he doesn't get suspended.
It only merited a minor on the ice.

Referee input is considered.

It wasn't a high velocity collision. It was more like, "I'm going in a straight line and not getting a modifying signal from the synapses."

If it was a real injury, and not simply to enhance the penalty, it's just because it was an unfortunate/unlucky landing.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
I must be watching something different. To me it looks like he tried to minimize the collision when he turns around.
Not like Kadri has a history of trying to injure people.
Edit: the Granlund one on the other hand.....

Fun listening to the talking heads basking in the loss. You'd never know we were 11-6-1

Focus. I know you feel the need to race to the rescue whenever the slightest negative slight is perceived against the Leafs, but this thread is about a dumb play... Not the Leafs record in general.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I could easily see this hit getting no suspension except that it happened in a game where he also inexplicably ran Minnesota's goalie too. It's reaching to call this hit a head shot but if you look at the NHL's guidelines on illegal hits, there is a mention of cracking down on hits delivered on players prone due to a distraction like the puck in his skates. I won't like it because Kadri has been hit in virtually identical ways in his short NHL career with no penalty to the opposition. Is this Granlund special?

GifKing*

Oct 24, 2013
I don't get it.

He wanted to hit the guy.
Look at the side video he even came from below to avoid initial contact with the head. Buddy got ****ing rocked plain and simple.

What is this game becoming where you can't even hit a guy ? Seriously....

Rogie

ALIVE
May 17, 2013
Kyoungsan
I could easily see this hit getting no suspension except that it happened in a game where he also inexplicably ran Minnesota's goalie too. It's reaching to call this hit a head shot but if you look at the NHL's guidelines on illegal hits, there is a mention of cracking down on hits delivered on players prone due to a distraction like the puck in his skates. I won't like it because Kadri has been hit in virtually identical ways in his short NHL career with no penalty to the opposition. Is this Granlund special?

I agree strongly with your last point. Kadri has been rocked quite a few times, some of them dubious as well.

At some point, you start to wonder (this has been said so many many times) when does the player who gets hit with his head down bear some of the responsibility. It's true his head bounced off the glass, but, that is only because Kadri hit him in the shoulder and he was standing beside the boards. If he's at centre ice his head doesn't hit the glass and he doesn't get his bell rung. I didn't see charging, didn't see Kadri jump up, didn't see him go for the head, didn't see his elbows come up, just saw a player finish a check!

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Granlund hit was pretty decent actually. I really didn't see anything wrong with it.

He got the major because the refs, for some reason, gave him a minor on the first hit. Kadri should have played it low-key after that Backstrom hit...

Igy

Mar 3, 2011
1-2 games fo the Backstrom hit. Anyone that thinks his hit on Granlund should be a suspension should stop watching hockey.

yakfish

"Holy Mackinaw!"
Dec 21, 2012
Ohio
The Wild didn't take Backstrom out of the game until a few minutes after the hit. Granlund never missed a shift. However the Backstrom hit might be border line suspendable. Granlund just got caught with his head down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad