Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Mimico

Good Ol' Mimico Boy
Aug 25, 2013
Tarana, Ontario
1-2 games fo the Backstrom hit. Anyone that thinks his hit on Granlund should be a suspension should stop watching hockey.

Craig Button thinks 4 games, 2 for each incident :laugh: He also said that the head was the principal point of contact on the Granlund hit :shakehead

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
He has to be suspended so we don't have to deal with the crap storm that would happen if he didn't.

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
Craig Button thinks 4 games, 2 for each incident :laugh: He also said that the head was the principal point of contact on the Granlund hit :shakehead

I don't get it, he will probably get suspended for the first hit but if he gets anything from the granlund hit then they should probably just taking hitting out of the game. The league is very consistent at being inconsistent

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
I think he'll get a single game suspension because even though I don't think either hit was over the top, Shanny will try to send a message to get Kadri to chill out.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Lupul-JVR-Kessel
Raymond-Mcclement-Clarkson
Ashton-Smithson-Kulemin
Mclaren-Orr

run 7 D... Thats the most likely scenario... DOesnt look 2 good but at least if Kadri does get suspended it will only be for 2 games that are both against Buffalo... Hopefully we can come out with 4 points.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
He was off balance feet the wrong way tried to avoid the tender. Second hit was a legit legal hit.

Cool Hand Luke

May 27, 2008
For all of you saying the Backstrom hit was incidental:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8TixdrmlE

I love the leafs, but Kadri's elbow was way more intentional than the Gionta hit, and you guys went nuts about that hit. Homerism is such a stupid part of any fan base. I would assume that being such a knowledgeable fan base that there would be some sort of objectivity with stuff like this. Kadri was reckless and cost us the game last night. I'm starting to think the kid doesn't have much between the ears. His hockey IQ might be through the roof, but in regards to self control and motivation, he seems to be lacking.

And kudos on the "hockey isn't for pansies" comments. Concussions are a very serious issue in all of sports. Lives can be ruined. If any of our players got hit like Granlund we would be screaming bloody murder.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
The hit on Granlund was clean, and there wasn't really anything he could have done differently to make it even more clean.

The hit on Backstrom is worth a game or two easy though.

Lilou

t-.-t
Oct 29, 2008
Scarborough, ON

People see what they want to see and react out of emotion. Button was like fans on the main board last night. Blabbering without any analysis. Not a chance he's getting suspended for hitting grandlund. For backstrom I think he gets 2 but watch shanny give 3. That ass.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
I agree strongly with your last point. Kadri has been rocked quite a few times, some of them dubious as well.

At some point, you start to wonder (this has been said so many many times) when does the player who gets hit with his head down bear some of the responsibility. It's true his head bounced off the glass, but, that is only because Kadri hit him in the shoulder and he was standing beside the boards. If he's at centre ice his head doesn't hit the glass and he doesn't get his bell rung. I didn't see charging, didn't see Kadri jump up, didn't see him go for the head, didn't see his elbows come up, just saw a player finish a check!

I think like the players who turn their backs to the opposition at the boards, it could happen that the players who don't play with their head up are going to become immune to contact.

I didn't make a prediction on the suspension. I say it'll be 1 game so as to not show up the veteran ref who made the call.

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
It's hockey not ringette. He shouldn't get anything.

+1. Honestly, if the league keeps going in the wimpy direction the ideal size for an NHL player will be 5' 2" so that every check received will be a head shot and 5 minute power play.

P.S. Way to go Naz. You are starting to show some jam, like Dougie.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
confirmed match penalty has been revoked, and the hearing at 1pm is for Backstrom contact. (don't call it a hit Backstrom it was basically both guys running into each other.

goalieinterference_medium.gif

William Hylander

There can be only 1
Aug 17, 2009
These wild fans started watching hockey this year I think cause they are quick to point to the leafs being goons and playing a boring style, yet they forget that lemaire lived or died with his defensive style.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
confirmed match penalty has been revoked, and the hearing at 1pm is for Backstrom contact. (don't call it a hit Backstrom it was basically both guys running into each other.

goalieinterference_medium.gif

he had more than enough time and space to at least get his arms up...as opposed to lowering into his head

bankerwannabe*

These wild fans started watching hockey this year I think cause they are quick to point to the leafs being goons and playing a boring style, yet they forget that lemaire lived or died with his defensive style.

If Kadri is our goon, we might be in trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad