Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Examples of players INTENTIONALLY running goaltenders:

The problem with players hitting goalies out of the crease is that, for the most part, they are going for the puck and the goalies are letting them come close before passing it to a team-mate/firing it up the boards. The 3rd one you had was of Shaw on Smith, Shaw had his stick down and was trying to hit the puck off Smith's stick. I don't think that was a very dirty or "intentional" as you say.

The Edler on Smith one on the other hand... he didn't have his stick down and he got his arms up.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Shouldn't get more than a game for the hit if any. They need to take into consideration the blown call on the Granlund hit. That was bullcrap and cost us the game. Kessel played like 3 shifts in the third and the turnover was almost immediately following him serving the 5 minute major. As far as I am concerned he has already served a game.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
1-2 games fo the Backstrom hit. Anyone that thinks his hit on Granlund should be a suspension should stop watching hockey.

Agreed. My wife and step-son (neither grew up playing/watching hockey) both thought it was a bad hit, but Granlund had his chin on his chest staring at the puck.

If Kadri is suspended based on that hit, the NHL needs to institute a suspension for players that:

a) give suicide passes
b) play with their head down
c) are named Marchand or Chara

That last one may not be related...

Sokil

Ukraine Specialitsky
Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
supermensa.org
this whole supplemental discipline thing is getting out of control. we have penalties on the ice for a reason. this is goalie interference. it was called as such and kadri served the penalty. end of story.

interference? it was headhunting that lead to an injury

basically you're saying suspensions shouldn't exist so long as penalties are doled out? what?

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
this whole supplemental discipline thing is getting out of control. we have penalties on the ice for a reason. this is goalie interference. it was called as such and kadri served the penalty. end of story.

Pretty much how I feel as well.

Also the notion of headhunting is a joke.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

basically you're saying suspensions shouldn't exist so long as penalties are doled out? what?

Lol seriously? Both players advanced at the same time and the one whose upright collided with the one on the ground. Headhunting. lol. :shakehead

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
That no one on Minnesota went after Kadri is pretty sad if you're a Minnesota fan

On that play they didn't really have anyone who could do anything so it's hard to blame them. And the coach said afterwards that they didn't want to turn it into a gongshow in fear that the Leafs might go after one of their good players afterwards. I guess that's what you call deterrence...

Good move by them I guess because they ended up winning in a SO, might not have happened if they go after Kadri and give the Leafs a 4 minute PP in the 3rd

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
On that play they didn't really have anyone who could do anything so it's hard to blame them. And the coach said afterwards that they didn't want to turn it into a gongshow in fear that the Leafs might go after one of their good players afterwards. I guess that's what you call deterrence...

Good move by them I guess because they ended up winning in a SO, might not have happened if they go after Kadri and give the Leafs a 4 minute PP in the 3rd

But also on his 2nd hit they did nothing lol

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
With his discipline hearing over, Nazem Kadri is on the ice with the #leafs for practice at First Niagara Center.

ok so lets see

zoA

Mar 23, 2010

LOL, what a terrible post. His point was obvious, give it a read again.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012

Seriously, they need to stop punishing every hockey hit with poor results (not this scenario of course, but relevant). Taking real head hunting out of the game is one thing, but every time an accidental play occurs where someone gets injured they seem to be throwing out the book like its even possible to remove that from the game. This is hockey, you can't remove head injuries from the game.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
Jonas Siegel ‏@jonasTSN1050 20s
Practice Lines:
Raymond-JVR-Kessel.
Lupul-McClement-Clarkson.
Ashton-Smithson-Kulemin.
McLaren-Kadri-Bodie-Orr.

Ad

Upcoming events