Confirmed with Link: Kadri Suspended 3 Games

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
If he gets 1-2 games and Shannahan explains it as a reckless play (no intent) then I'd understand. It was literally a split-second decision and I don't fault Kadri for hitting him... but you should always know where the goaltender is.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Oh, St. Kadri can do no wrong! Loved his compete level in this game but he was reckless and will maybe get two games.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
I'm surprised Backtrom didn't get a penalty for interference. Dude was way out of his crease. If he gets run into, it's his own damn fault for being reckless.

moonbal

Apr 29, 2013
Pillsbury Toronto
I like Kadri but that is suspension worthy no doubt. You can't run over a goalie like that. Kadri will get 1 or 2.
What would you say if a Wild player ran over Reimer/Bernier like that?
Don't be a homer.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I knew Leafs fans were terrible at evaluating talent but cripes, this too!?!?

Goonface2k14

Nov 25, 2009
Maple Leaf Gardens
Notice after the Backstrom hit how Kadri looks up as if to see what the referee might do?

It really looked to me like one of those instinctual flop-after-body-contact and then peek at the ref afterwards to see if they have their hand up type of plays. Kadri is a bit of a fool though for flopping like that, because he hit the goalie, not a skater. And also because flopping in general is pretty dumb, it always makes you look bad afterwards.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
The league already got rid of his match suspension for the Granlund hit, also what was Button spewing off about? How Kadri could change the angle? He hit him in his chest.... that's the best place to body-check somebody.

Did you know that if you skate through centre ice with your chin pinned to your chest, nobody can hit you? It's foolproof.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Actually that breakdown showing backstrom out of the crease before the hit is a great angle and may change things. However I'm still seeing the arm extension. I'm not confident on the two games after seeing that though.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
My problem with him isn't so much as him as a player it was his disgusting actions last night, I cannot stand dirty players and that is what he was last night so yea I'm gonna call him on it. A victim of circumstance? No, how about he's responsible for his actions he could have chose to not run the goalie, he could have chose to not go for Gradlund's head, sorry but that's on him and him alone.

He plays with an edge but is not a dirty player....the Hit on Backstrom was not an intentional running of the goalie as he had his back to the play and when he turned the goalie was right there. The Hit on Gradlund was shoulder to body....

He will likely get 2 games, but you calling him names is a joke....this is also not the first time...

Timmy Brent*

I like Kadri but that is suspension worthy no doubt. You can't run over a goalie like that. Kadri will get 1 or 2.
What would you say if a Wild player ran over Reimer/Bernier like that?
Don't be a homer.

Like this?

which did not get a suspension by the way

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
My analysis: When you play it backwards, it looks like Kadri is picking Backstrom off the ice.

Patience

Sep 8, 2013
Gionta had some plausible denial that Kadri just doesn't have in this case. Personally I think Gionta did it on purpose.

MajorityRules*

Does anyone know what took place between Kadri and Carlyle after Kadri was given the 5 minute major and he was forced to leave the game? As he was leaving the ice he looked at Carlyle and shrugged his shoulders in a "I don't know what I did" kind of way but Carlyle just ignored him. At least that's what it looked like on tv. Did anyone else notice this or am I seeing more than what was there?

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Gionta had some plausible denial that Kadri just doesn't have in this case. Personally I think Gionta did it on purpose.

Kadri also has the fact Back was moving towards him, this limits his ability to avoid. It was a collision, that's all. If he was moving to avoid as well there would be less impact.

In a head on collision who is at fault? Keep in mind the tender was exiting his lane or crease.

I rest my case.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Does anyone know what took place between Kadri and Carlyle after Kadri was given the 5 minute major and he was forced to leave the game? As he was leaving the ice he looked at Carlyle and shrugged his shoulders in a "I don't know what I did" kind of way but Carlyle just ignored him. At least that's what it looked like on tv. Did anyone else notice this or am I seeing more than what was there?

Carlyle was pissed about the call.....he was in no way mad at Kadri....read his lips after Kadri walked by and you can tell for yourself.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Thanks for telling us that. Great info

You're welcome. It doesn't change the fact he was exiting the crease and moving toward Kadri. That would be accidental unless the tender in question had plans of hitting Kadri himself.

MajorityRules*

Carlyle was pissed about the call.....he was in no way mad at Kadri....read his lips after Kadri walked by and you can tell for yourself.

That's what I thought too once Kadri was off the ice and down the hall. It was that gesture from Kadri that had me curious.

Anyway, thanks for responding.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Why are people saying, "if that was your goaltender, you'd be pissed". Obviously you would.

If it was our goalie we'd be pissed, but that's a bias on its own. The fanbase of the goalie and the player are both speaking from bias.

If someone's judging the play by their opinion, let them. Especially if they are showing pictures to support themselves.

Saying "if it was your goalie" doesn't mean anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad