Injury Report: JVR has a broken right index finger, out 4-to-6 weeks (Mar. 4); March 31 update posted

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Having broken/fractured ~5 of my fingers (cant remember exactly how many!) and a thumb had zero surgery ever (and "fixed" 3 of them myself with lollipop sticks and medical tape) 5/6 healed perfectly.

My little finger on my left hand cant bend properly though. But that was probably my own fault for not setting it properly before I strapped it. :laugh:

Fractured my middle finger on my left hand ~3 weeks ago and now full range of movement (swelling gone after ~6 days, movement back after 2 weeks), only tiny amount of pain.

Don't you think you're getting a little old for pub brawls? :sarcasm:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Having broken/fractured ~5 of my fingers (cant remember exactly how many!) and a thumb had zero surgery ever (and "fixed" 3 of them myself with lollipop sticks and medical tape) 5/6 healed perfectly.

My little finger on my left hand cant bend properly though. But that was probably my own fault for not setting it properly before I strapped it. :laugh:

Fractured my middle finger on my left hand ~3 weeks ago and now full range of movement (swelling gone after ~6 days, movement back after 2 weeks), only tiny amount of pain.

We dont talk about Fight Club, appleyard.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018

Well technically you are Flyers property so it's time to strap on the blades and Gitty up .

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia

In high school I broke all my fingers minus the right thumb from different sports / being a dumbass. Most of them I didn't tell my parents nor got a cast. Can't go wrong with some Popsicle sticks and medical tape. My fingers are all pretty crooked though, my one pinky looks like it's trying run away from my hand.

Reactions: Appleyard

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

Yeah - I've broken quite a few fingers and a two bones in my right wrist as well. Wrist required surgery.

One thing my doc told me about fingers are they are incredibly resilient. If I understood what he was saying correctly, you can splint fingers years after they break, and they'll heal properly.

Reactions: Appleyard

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Jvr has been good this year but this team has been rolling teams with essentially two 4th lines so...and I've always believed this...IT DOESN'T MATTER.

I don't know if I agree with this (maybe I misunderstand). I think we all know and all agree that he's not the guy that's going to carry the line. But he's been incredibly productive this year, particularly at 5v5. He's really doing a good job providing that scoring from the bottom portion of the lineup, which is his role on the team.

30 of his 40 points are at 5v5, and 26 of those 30 are primary points. He's been quietly very good this year. It's going to be difficult to find someone to replace those points. I don't know if it will 'hurt' the team, as the Flyers are currently getting scoring from all over, but I don't know if I'm ready to say the JVR injury won't matter (maybe that's not what you're saying, either).

Reactions: Rebels57

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't know if I agree with this (maybe I misunderstand). I think we all know and all agree that he's not the guy that's going to carry the line. But he's been incredibly productive this year, particularly at 5v5. He's really doing a good job providing that scoring from the bottom portion of the lineup, which is his role on the team.

30 of his 40 points are at 5v5, and 26 of those 30 are primary points. He's been quietly very good this year. It's going to be difficult to find someone to replace those points. I don't know if it will 'hurt' the team, as the Flyers are currently getting scoring from all over, but I don't know if I'm ready to say the JVR injury won't matter (maybe that's not what you're saying, either).
I was being sarcastic.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I was being sarcastic.
the-joke-me-44968847.png

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In high school I broke all my fingers minus the right thumb from different sports / being a dumbass. Most of them I didn't tell my parents nor got a cast. Can't go wrong with some Popsicle sticks and medical tape. My fingers are all pretty crooked though, my one pinky looks like it's trying run away from my hand.

Yeh, after the fourth hospital visit for fingers and basically sitting around for hours and then all them doing was strapping them I figured I could save the hassle and just do it myself. :laugh:

My Dad is pretty much the instigator of my tendency to avoid hospital and underplay injuries... fractured my cheekbone at 11 and he told me to get up, stop crying, and that I was fine. :help: Three days later Mum takes me to the dentist as my teeth were impacted and the dentist sent me for a scan as he could not believe I did not have a break... he was right.

My Dad did not go to hospital/realise when he broke his neck, and only went 5 days later when struggled to turn his head... he is fine now... but it was just luck and good neck muscles from boxing and football (he was a ILB) that saved his spinal cord...

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Frost and Farabee would’ve been perfectly fine.

Let’s not be dramatic and pretend last night was anything more than one idiot taking runs at people. Anyone at any size could be hurt by that and our small guys performed no worse than our big guys when it came to the actual hockey playing.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
has JVR not been great for you guys, or is Farabee just better?

I am a jvr hater. So i may not be the best resource for an opinion on him. Of all the skills required to play the game of hockey he has 3 very good ones , and nothing else that would meet league average. He is very good at deflections, he sees the ice extremely well - He catches me by surprise with how he can find guys wide open, he has very good hands in tight around the net.

He is weak on the puck, does not know how to hit, is terrible along the boards, loses 50/50 pucks on the reg, is not fleet of foot anymore. Does not know how to properly block shots , does not contribute much to getting the puck out of the zone or into the ozone.

Reactions: tom leafers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad