Injury Report: JVR has a broken right index finger, out 4-to-6 weeks (Mar. 4); March 31 update posted

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
Come on up, Chris Stewart.
watch

Reactions: Amorgus

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Giving Farabee most of last 11 days off and get ready for stretch run ain't a bad thing. JVR is solid but it aint worst injuyry.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Problem is Farabee is replacing someone good instead of one of our many 4th liners.

We should really get Frost up too so we can bump Thompson to 13th forward.

Patty gonna do that with around 10 games to go is my prediction

Reactions: TheKingPin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Patty gonna do that with around 10 games to go is my prediction
Patrick coming back would/will be amazing, but I don't want to wait around for that.

I'd rather get Frost up now, bump Grant to 4C and Thompson to 13th forward, and then if/when Patrick comes back bench whoever is performing the poorest of Raffl/Pitlick/Grant and bump Frost to wing.

In other words, maybe something like...

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
Laughton-Frost-Pitlick
Raffl-Grant-NAK

then if/when Patrick is back maybe...

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
Laughton-Patrick-Frost
Raffl-Grant-NAK

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Unfortunate. Hopefully back sooner than later.

I remember when the Penguins' Jim Johnson broke Tim Kerr's finger/hand in the 1989 playoffs. Kerr was unstoppable prior, 25 points in 12 PO games. One of the best playoffs any Flyers' forward was having ever. It was so bad, he was pointless against Montreal in the semifinals because of the slash. To this day, I will say that kept the Flyers out of the 1989 Finals. Kerr tried to play with the hand broken but it was impossible to grasp the stick properly. There was an image from the dressing room with how he was soaking in his hand in ice trying to prep. It was one of those "if a picture is worth a thousand words..." moments.

Sounds about right. I remember when every flyers D seemingly went down against Tampa in the conf finals. I think we go to and win the cup that year. Primeau was unstoppable.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Someone post some JVR stats that make me sad about him being out

At 5v5...

52.96 CF% (6th best on team)
55.60 xGF% (2nd best)
58.47 HDCF% (2nd best)

15 5v5 goals (2nd best)
15 5v5 assists (4th best)
30 5v5 points (4th best)

And this is while often being buried in the bottom 6 with 4th liners for absolutely no reason. He's had a fantastic year.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
At 5v5...

52.96 CF% (6th best on team)
55.60 xGF% (2nd best)
58.47 HDCF% (2nd best)

15 5v5 goals (2nd best)
15 5v5 assists (4th best)
30 5v5 points (4th best)

And this is while often being buried in the bottom 6 with 4th liners for absolutely no reason. He's had a fantastic year.
Well he had 10 points the last 11 games entering last nights game. And only 2 of them were on the PP. So he was a big part of our "depth scoring". It will be a big loss for us for sure.

Thank you. I sad

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Problem is Farabee is replacing someone good instead of one of our many 4th liners.

We should really get Frost up too so we can bump Thompson to 13th forward.

You think Frost is ready for a game like last night? He hasn't seen physicality with speed like that yet in his career. Frost will be leaned on during this run....no doubt. I hope he is ready.

Reactions: Jtown

Johnk0728

Dec 28, 2016
Patrick coming back would/will be amazing, but I don't want to wait around for that.

I'd rather get Frost up now, bump Grant to 4C and Thompson to 13th forward, and then if/when Patrick comes back bench whoever is performing the poorest of Raffl/Pitlick/Grant and bump Frost to wing.

In other words, maybe something like...

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
Laughton-Frost-Pitlick
Raffl-Grant-NAK

then if/when Patrick is back maybe...

Giroux-Couturier-Voracek
Farabee-Hayes-TK
Laughton-Patrick-Frost
Raffl-Grant-NAK

They won 7 games in a row …..now is the time to change the lineup and add a rookie center on the third line. Sounds about right...…...

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'd only call up Frost as a winger. I don't want a 3rd line in the playoffs that needs to be sheltered.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Bummer but at least they have someone like Farabee to put in on the 3rd line with a couple vets. Could be a lot worse.

Hope he's back by the PO, which I imagine he should be.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Hopefully no surgery either

I wrote that without reading, it seems like it's the 'tip' of the hand, which rules out the scaphoid. Broken fingers aren't too bad to play on, and typically don't require surgery, from what I was told by my doctor. Apparently, surgery on fingers do not yield significantly better results for the patient.

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I wrote that without reading, it seems like it's the 'tip' of the hand, which rules out the scaphoid. Broken fingers aren't too bad to play on, and typically don't require surgery, from what I was told by my doctor. Apparently, surgery on fingers do not yield significantly better results for the patient.

Having broken/fractured ~5 of my fingers (cant remember exactly how many!) and a thumb had zero surgery ever (and "fixed" 3 of them myself with lollipop sticks and medical tape) 5/6 healed perfectly.

My little finger on my left hand cant bend properly though. But that was probably my own fault for not setting it properly before I strapped it. :laugh:

Fractured my middle finger on my left hand ~3 weeks ago and now full range of movement (swelling gone after ~6 days, movement back after 2 weeks), only tiny amount of pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad