Prospect Info: Juuso Parssinen, C, 210th Overall, TPS

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Already playing in a men's league. Is he closer to ready that some of the other kids at this point?
At this point... I don't mean to entirely besmirch our development program in Milwaukee, but... well... I'd be inclined to let the fruit "over-ripen" on the vine back in Finland (KHL, etc, wherever) before I'd be eager to get prospects over here.

Well, in terms of forwards, at least. :(

:dunno:

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Not typically is there any point in calling a 7th a steal this close to his draft, but too bad... STEAL!

I like his corner work and puck protection which he uses to keep the offence alive. He seems to make a difference every shift. His skating is way better than advertised. Looks like both he and Lundell put their work into the right places in the offseason.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Not typically is there any point in calling a 7th a steal this close to his draft, but too bad... STEAL!

I like his corner work and puck protection which he uses to keep the offence alive. He seems to make a difference every shift. His skating is way better than advertised. Looks like both he and Lundell put their work into the right places in the offseason.

The fact that he's even on our radar one year removed from being a seventh round pick makes him a steal in my opinion.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I assume if this was an ordinary season wed be looking at getting him to Milwaukee?

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So has he signed an ELC with us?
We have his rights until June 1, 2023. (per CapFriendly)

I would suggest this has been a monumentally great breakout season for him as a junior-aged prospect, and he's doing pretty well against men in Finland. But it would be ideal to see him extend that further as a 20-year in Finland during the 2021-22 season. And THEN maybe look at signing him and bringing him over? :dunno:

Reactions: Phenomenon

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Pärssinen with another solid game. 2 assists in 3-4 OT loss.

25 games
20 points (5g, 15a)
16:51 ice-time per game (4th among forwards on his team)
52,0 % CF%

Purely a center, has taken 400 draws this year. 47,9 % f0-%, which is really solid for a rookie.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Pärssinen with another solid game. 2 assists in 3-4 OT loss.

25 games
20 points (5g, 15a)
16:51 ice-time per game (4th among forwards on his team)
52,0 % CF%

Purely a center, has taken 400 draws this year. 47,9 % f0-%, which is really solid for a rookie.

Possibly our Sissons or Jarnkrok replacement

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Possibly our Sissons or Jarnkrok replacement

Skating, skating and skating. Whether he develops into a NHL-player depends on how he can improve his skating.

He's a smart kid, reliable on both ends of the ice, physical (can hold his own already against men) and has soft hands for a guy his size. Produces a lot of his points on the PP (I know, that part of his game will evaporate in Nashville).

His dad played 17 games in the NHL so he has a good environment to develop in. Not a sure-fire NHL'er but a steal for a 7th rounder in my books.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
31 Prospects: Red Wings' Seider, Canadiens' Caufield among top performers of 2020-21

Peters lists one riser from every team's prospect pool. He brings up Pärssinen:

"A big jump in scoring for Parssinen, is making Nashville’s seventh-rounder in 2019 look awfully good. Parssinen has had the size and strength in his game, but now he’s providing more reliable production while playing significant minutes for a U20 player in Finland’s top pro league. On top of that, he looked really solid at the World Juniors, scoring four points over seven games.

Parssinen leads all U20 players in Liiga with 29 points. Looking at U20 players in their “draft-plus-two” season in Liiga over the last 20 years, Parssinen keeps pretty good company with Jussi Jokinen and Joel Armia in terms of comparables based on points-per-game (0.71). He’s tied for second on his team in scoring, is wearing a letter and making really mature plays. It’s really been a revelatory season for Parssinen, who still needs a contract."

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
31 Prospects: Red Wings' Seider, Canadiens' Caufield among top performers of 2020-21

Peters lists one riser from every team's prospect pool. He brings up Pärssinen:

"A big jump in scoring for Parssinen, is making Nashville’s seventh-rounder in 2019 look awfully good. Parssinen has had the size and strength in his game, but now he’s providing more reliable production while playing significant minutes for a U20 player in Finland’s top pro league. On top of that, he looked really solid at the World Juniors, scoring four points over seven games.

Parssinen leads all U20 players in Liiga with 29 points. Looking at U20 players in their “draft-plus-two” season in Liiga over the last 20 years, Parssinen keeps pretty good company with Jussi Jokinen and Joel Armia in terms of comparables based on points-per-game (0.71). He’s tied for second on his team in scoring, is wearing a letter and making really mature plays. It’s really been a revelatory season for Parssinen, who still needs a contract."

Those comparables have to make you feel good.

Boy could we use a contributor from one of these late draft picks from the last few years. If he can be a 3C/4C, even for a short term, that would be a huge steal for us.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Pärssinen with 3 assists in TPS 4-0 win today. First from won faceoff, second with good pressure and quick pass in the offensive zone and third with good patience and pass through pk unit. 33 points in 43 games.
Thank you for taking the time to post this update.

Reactions: Flgatorguy87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad